Terrible customer service at SVS - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My brother deals with fedex all the time. He says EVERYTHING is time stamped. Fedex would have an exact time the package was signed for. The OP should go to fedex to see the fake sig. to compare to his AND also to see what time the packages were signed.
If he was at his office thirty miles away (for example) than its most likely the driver!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaxtros View Post

My brother deals with fedex all the time. He says EVERYTHING is time stamped. Fedex would have an exact time the package was signed for. The OP should go to fedex to see the fake sig. to compare to his AND also to see what time the packages were signed.
If he was at his office thirty miles away (for example) than its most likely the driver!

Indeed. The main point is, there are several ways OP could address this before denigrating SVS, and he has done none of them. Whether SVS should insure, or require direct signatures, or whatever, are secondary to the main concern. First we need to establish that something went wrong, which hasn't been done yet.

- Klipsch RF-82 ii, RC-62 ii, RS-52 ii
- Klipsch RW-12D
- Sony HW50es
- Firehawk G3
- Denon 2113
post #183 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 10:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 465
In the Klipsch forum, the OP, under the same name, indicated the subs and some other stuff were a gift from his GF. Presumably, she used her own CC and answered whatever questions were required to complete the order. Hence, if there was an incorrectly written phone number, she may have inadvertently entered it. The OP not having posted recently may be due to any number of legitimate reasons: illness, death, travel, work, arrested, etc. The situation needs to play out and perhaps when it does, he'll update everyone with the details.
Jack D Ripper likes this.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #184 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew101 View Post

The handhelds they now use have no camera so they would all need new hardware AKAIK not a software update. Google tells me UPS has approx. 96,000 delivery vehicles in the US and Fedex is probably a bit less but lets assume a combined total of 175,000. How much is a handheld tablet rugged enough to survive in the delivery environment? Maybe $500? for all I know it could be much more but at that cost you're looking at over $85 million for a solution to what likely is a small, limited problem.

Now perhaps someday that will be the norm but until then....

In the OP's case, hopefully Fedex investigates after a claim is filed and that they have internal GPS on the delivery vehicle that can tie into timestamp of their delivery record of that tracking number to see where the truck actually was when the delivery signature was entered into the system. That will narrow down some of the scenarios.

I was talking about pin number verification. Not pictures.

Interesting numbers though. Thanks for putting the together to help understand the scale of their operation.
post #185 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

...eek.gif

...tongue.gif

...biggrin.gif
Don't worry it was a gift from her best friend and it was being returned by Gucci for repair haha

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4000 | Emotiva XPA-5 | PSB imagine B's | PSB image c5 | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp

My first HT build thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #186 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Don't worry it was a gift from her best friend and it was being returned by Gucci for repair haha

Lol. I was just going to mention the lengths men go through to order their own toys .... I imagine their is a diaper bag forum with a lady saying she had to let her husband get two real ugly and loud end tables so she could get the latest gucci bag.
post #187 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 10:41 AM

Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Had me worried.

...tongue.gif
post #188 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

In the Klipsch forum, the OP, under the same name, indicated the subs and some other stuff were a gift from his GF. Presumably, she used her own CC and answered whatever questions were required to complete the order. Hence, if there was an incorrectly written phone number, she may have inadvertently entered it. The OP not having posted recently may be due to any number of legitimate reasons: illness, death, travel, work, arrested, etc. The situation needs to play out and perhaps when it does, he'll update everyone with the details.

So his story is different there and adds another inconsistency. In the very first post here he says "I ordered" but now it's his gf....
crazyrob425 likes this.

~Nick

Augustine's Law: "The last 10% of performance generates one-third of the cost and two-thirds of the problems."

post #189 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmanick View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

So his story is different there and adds another inconsistency. In the very first post here he says "I ordered" but now it's his gf....

Here is a link to the post in the other forum (from 19 Jan 2014):

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/147580-72-thx-ultra-setup/page-3#entry1684224

Where he stated:

I have had unfortunate experience with svs this past month. As you all know my girlfriend bought me my entire surround sound system. Included in the seup were 2 svs sb13 ultra subs, which were never received. 2 weeks had past from order date and still nothing. ...

We can know that he is an unreliable source of information, for as you say, he did say he ordered them in the opening post of this thread.  So we will almost certainly never know what really happened, as he is our only source of information, and we know he is unreliable for giving the facts accurately.

One would think that when complaining about a matter of such importance one would get the facts straight.  Especially when both that post and the opening post of this thread are from the same day, so it is not like he had to remember from long ago.  But he seems more interested in bashing SVS everywhere he can than he is in keeping to the truth of what happened.

nube likes this.

God willing, we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids. God bless you all.
post #190 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantmorehd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjd2000 View Post

Back to the OP's situation. Shame on FedEx and SVS. I know SVS is working within the parameters of their obligations, but come on, shipping $3K of equipment uninsured and without the more secure signature option??? Let me contrast this with my vanity experience. I ordered the vanity through Overstock.com. I accepted the delivery from FedEx (foolishly in hindsight) and contacted Overstock right away to let them know there might be damage to the vanity because it tipped over in the FedEx truck. A few days later I inspected the vanity and sure enough, there was damage to the wood cabinet. Some scraps here and there but mostly cosmetic. How did Overstock handle my incident? Like a boss. They promptly refunded my money in full...and get this, they told me to keep the vanity. They could have told me to take it up with FedEx since it was their fault and since I accepted the delivery, but they didn't. Sure they took one in the shorts for this transaction but they also acquired a loyal customer who is sharing his story with others.

This is different than the OP's scenario. You received your package where the OP did not. Not even comparable. If the package was received and damaged I'm pretty sure SVS would have sent out new subs right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post

SVS has a major responsibility in making sure their package is delivered to the customer. For the price of the subs, SVS should be insuring there packages. The insurance cost can be built into the pricing. UPS and FedEx have a bad habit of delivering packages where I live. They just leave them at the door. Rarely do they ask for signatures. FedEx is also culpable in this case.

So should SVS just take everybody at their word when they say they did not receive the item even though it was signed for? Also SVS states exactly how the subs are shipped on their website. If somebody wanted insurance I'm sure SVS would gladly add that to your cost. If you want more, you have to pay more.

Most major shippers simply have their own insurance policy, so Fedex wouldn't necessarily know anything about that, costs more to buy insurance from the carrier than on your own.....

post #191 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 01:17 PM

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack D Ripper View Post

Here is a link to the post in the other forum (from 19 Jan 2014):

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/147580-72-thx-ultra-setup/page-3#entry1684224

So he's launched a c&p smear campaign against SVS due to his unwillingness to file a police report? Maybe be somebody should post a link to this thread over there.
post #192 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 28
According to the OP's own words, Dan asked for some particulars so SVS could file the police report and start the trace at FedEx. When the OP told Den he had already started the process and was being stonewalled by the police and FedEx, Dan asked for contact information of the people he had spoken with. It sounds like the OP was insulted by this request. I see it as Dan trying to save resolution time by not starting redundant processes. Seems like SVS is doing all they can.

Even if the shipment was insured, FedEx says it was delivered so the insurance would be moot.

The whole story still smells fishy to me.

Randy
post #193 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Looks to be a fake thread. Staff should lock this down imo.
post #194 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11

If the story is indeed true, this is another great example why one should purchase from the local reputable hometown dealers of products we so love.

Pat

post #195 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKLAGMCRUISER View Post

If the story is indeed true, this is another great example why one should purchase from the local reputable hometown dealers of products we so love.

Pat

I'm sure there's a great deal of people on this forum who don't live anywhere near an authorized dealer of high end audio/theater products. And the amount of these types of places continues to diminish. And no, I'm not counting Magnolia/Best Buy.
post #196 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_honda View Post

I'm sure there's a great deal of people on this forum who don't live anywhere near an authorized dealer of high end audio/theater products. And the amount of these types of places continues to diminish. And no, I'm not counting Magnolia/Best Buy.

While I don't disagree with you...if "we" as hobbyists continue to buy direct, these face to face encounters and knowledge rich store fronts will become more and more extinct.  And I've yet to allow myself to go into the Magnolia/BB rooms...lol.

post #197 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Quote:

Pat

Not at all. It indicates that

1) People who order $3K worth of product (and even much less) should have enough common sense to find out when it is being delivered. The OP quite clearly knew he would not be at home during the day time. There's no excuse for letting this situation happen, assuming that it actually happened as described.
2) The subs this forum "so loves" are not available at "local" dealers. Well, unless you live near the home office's of SVS, Rythmik, HSU Research, Outlaw Audio, or Power Sound Audio.

Your questions are answered:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #198 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

Pat

Ummm, no. Do you mean go to Best Buy and purchase a Polk subwoofer vs. buying an SVS online? Oh, and the story is likely not true in the slightest.
post #199 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 109
i did not read the whole thread here, but I had a similar issue with UPS and got someone canned the other week over it.
They delivered my package to the wrong house and someone else opened up and went through it and then dropped on my porch.
I was livid because it was my Projector.

I called UPS to confirm if the box was delivered opened or delivered to the wrong house. I already knew the answer because my dogs bark when someone comes to the porch. On top of that they delivered my Iphone 5 on launch day to the wrong house too. After flipping my lid they confirmed they were training some new people and the guy left the box with another neighbor he delivered to by accident. She happens to be a nosy b!tch that is friends with my exwife so will cause problems

Point being, delivery services suck most of the time. Esp around heavy times like big launches and holidays. I am just going to request drop off at their location for me to pickup to avoid these problems because people cannot do their jobs well enough.

post #200 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

While I don't disagree with you...if "we" as hobbyists continue to buy direct, these face to face encounters and knowledge rich store fronts will become more and more extinct.  And I've yet to allow myself to go into the Magnolia/BB rooms...lol.

Where do you live that you can walk into a hifi shop and get great knowledge and product? They are few and far between nowadays because B&M stores and online shopping have killed Mom and Pop places. MY knowledge comes from phoning Ed and Jack at SVS. Haven't been disappointed yet and never will. The days of boutique audio/video shops are long gone for 99.9% of us.
OKLAGMCRUISER likes this.
post #201 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150zx View Post

Where do you live that you can walk into a hifi shop and get great knowledge and product? They are few and far between nowadays because B&M stores and online shopping have killed Mom and Pop places. ...

Not only that, but in the old days when there were more audio shops, with the "knowledge" also came a good amount of nonsense to sell gear that isn't worth getting.  How many audio shops don't try to sell overpriced wire and other magical nonsense?  The job of a salesman is to sell you things and part you from your money.  Educating you is not the primary function, nor is it always compatible with the prime objective.  But it can be useful to sucker people into believing that that is what they are doing.

God willing, we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids. God bless you all.
post #202 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 336
I didn't realize it until I read his post on the Klipsch forums. The OP didn't even realize the subs were "delivered" until ONE WEEK after the fact. eek.gif

Order $3000 worth a stuff, don't even bother to track it or setup a delivery notification. eek.gif

More fishy than Jaws.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #203 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

I didn't realize it until I read his post on the Klipsch forums. The OP didn't even realize the subs were "delivered" until ONE WEEK after the fact. eek.gif

Order $3000 worth a stuff, don't even bother to track it or setup a delivery notification. eek.gif

More fishy than Jaws.

Just as a counter point, his girlfriend ordered everything for him, so maybe he didn't even know they had been ordered?
post #204 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie Isaac View Post

Just as a counter point, his girlfriend ordered everything for him, so maybe he didn't even know they had been ordered?

If you read his fantasy, he says that after two weeks he hadn't heard anything so, if the subs were actually ordered, he knew when they were ordered. He also mentions it was his CC that was used, if there actually was an order placed.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #205 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake18 View Post

I say this is 100% on SVS. They absolutely should have required a direct signature AND they should have insured it. A $3200 package with indirect signature and no insurance...? Are you kidding me? Bad form, SVS.

Yep, I just ordered a $150 airframe from a hobby shop and even they required a direct signature and insured it. WTF

GamerTag= Phaleronic
post #206 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

If you read his fantasy, he says that after two weeks he hadn't heard anything so, if the subs were actually ordered, he knew when they were ordered. He also mentions it was his CC that was used, if there actually was an order placed.

Well that makes it more confusing. If it is a real situation it completely sucks. I think the OP could use some help communicating more clearly.
post #207 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 28
From the SVS site FAQ page:

Do I Have To Be Present To Accept Delivery?
SVS orders are shipped ‘indirect signature required’ unless you specifically waive this at the time of the order. Indirect signature means any adult present at the residence can sign for the package.

If no one is present when delivery is attempted, the shipper will attempt delivery up to two more times. After the first delivery attempt, you will also have the option to contact the shipper and arrange for alternate means of delivery (like pick-up at the distribution/holding facility).

For palletized freight shipments of larger SVS products or orders, the freight company will contact you 24 hours in advance to schedule delivery the following day.

The SVS description of "indirect signature required" actually matches the FedEx description of "direct signature required" and/or "adult signature required" as described on the FedEx FAQ page.

•Indirect Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address; from a neighbor, building manager or someone at a neighboring address; or the recipient can also leave a FedEx Door Tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present.
•Direct Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address. If no one is at the address, we reattempt delivery.
•Adult Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at least 21 years old (and possessing the required government-issued photo ID) at the delivery address. If no eligible recipient is at the address, we reattempt delivery.

So, SVS needs to correct their FAQ information and they should use FedEx "adult signature required" option as it also requires a picture ID.
crazyrob425 likes this.

Randy
post #208 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 106
In any case, if FedEx took it to the right house, someone inside had to sign for it. If they took it to the wrong house, they have ways to track that. If the driver took it, they can find that out too.

But all of that relies on OP taking the proper steps to figure out what happened, and one of those steps is NOT going online and blaming SVS for his mistakes.

- Klipsch RF-82 ii, RC-62 ii, RS-52 ii
- Klipsch RW-12D
- Sony HW50es
- Firehawk G3
- Denon 2113
post #209 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 121
It doesn't even make good business sense to ship an item as expensive as their subs to anyone without requiring a signature and picture ID matching the address the item is being delivered to.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #210 of 299 Old 01-22-2014, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo_btru View Post

In any case, if FedEx took it to the right house, someone inside had to sign for it. If they took it to the wrong house, they have ways to track that. If the driver took it, they can find that out too.

But all of that relies on OP taking the proper steps to figure out what happened, and one of those steps is NOT going online and blaming SVS for his mistakes.

Yeah Yeah Yeah, lay everything at the feet of the customer. Unless SVS has some evidence that the customer took delivery of the item, it's up to them to find out where their item went. If they can prove the customer took delivery and is now making false claims then there's always legal action. SVS can even make it mandatory that the customer themselves must sign for the item.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags