Terrible customer service at SVS - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have had unfortunate experience with svs this past month. I ordered 2 svs sb13 ultra subs, which were never received. 2 weeks had past from order date and still nothing. I get tracking number and track.FedEx tracking says that they were delivered to address and signed for a week earlier. Package was delivered at 9am and signed with a scribbled signature not matching mine. I do not return home from work till at least 730pm so the package would have sat outside all day. I contacted fedex quickly and told them my situation, they would send info to trace dept and I would hear back after 48 hours. I continued to contact svs regarding the situation and was told Dan would return my call. For 2 days Dan was calling the wrong number then decided to write an email to me...

Based on a message received by a member of our Customer Service team, there may be some confusion regarding the delivery and receipt of your 2 SB13-Ultra subwoofers from your order 28679-993.

Since you have not returned my calls to discuss, we are assuming that there was just some initial confusion and they are now in your possession. However, if that is not the case and because this is across state lines, we would need to involve both the federal and local law enforcement agencies and file the proper police reports and begin a criminal investigation.

As you can see from the attached documents, FedEx is showing proof of delivery at your delivery address and also showing that is was signed for on January 6th 2014.

Please get back to us as soon as possible and let us know if the confusion has been reresolved. If not, we will begin filing all of the proper documentation with the authorities so that we can expedite a resolution to this issue.

Since the email, I've gone local police department and they cannot do anything because theres no proof of criminal activity. When I told Dan from svs this he quickly demanded the officers name that told me and his tel number. This made me feel as if I was being dishonest with him. Then began asking who and when did I speak to at fedex so he can confirm all info. Fedex had told me that $3200 package was sent uninsured and indirect signature required. When I looked up indirect signature required it basically says anyone can sign. Very stupid move on svs. My feeling is that package was delivered to the wrong address because during the Christmas season they hire anyone to help with the increase of packages.
Throughout this ordeal svs has made me feel as though I'm screwing them and that this situation is impossible. Dan at svs doesn't seem as proactive as I am in trying to get this resolved. Ive gone to 2 fedex offices and local police department in person but have gotten no where. Svs just asks who have you spoken to and we want their info. Well I'm fed up with being treated like that. Ive done all that I can. I have disputed the charge with my credit card and will never purchase anything from svs. Poor customer service and very stupid shipping Dept.

What sub's do I buy now??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I hate to say this, but from what you've wrote, it seems SVS is following standard procedures to investigate an issue like this. What did you expect them to do? Send you another pair of subs when it wasn't their fault (it was FedEx) without a proper investigation?

It seems very normal to me to ask for the officer's name and phone number when SVS asked you to contact the police and they didn't help you. It seems like they're doing the report for you by asking for their name and number. To me, that seems like good customer service.

A credit card chargeback isn't going to help. The credit card company would only refund you if they deemed that SVS did not ship you the product. However, SVS did, and has a tracking number to prove they tried to send it to the right address, so they're off the hook from the credit card company's perspective.
post #3 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 04:34 PM

Liked: 24
I am really sorry to here about your unfortunate situation. But svs can only do so much. Especially when the package has already been shipped. It's kinda hard to believe svs customer service would be giving you attitude or being rude towards you. It sounds like you are a victim of theft.
post #4 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 97
I am very sorry for your situation. That really sucks!

However, I get the impression SVS wants names and contact info so they can perhaps call and help on your behalf.

SVS has top notch service. This sounds more like a FedEx issue. Let SVS help you and let them deal with FedEx. They should have a good relationship with them.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #5 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 654
Sounds like fedex is the one at fault. Didn't you know you had to be home to sign?
oneeyeblind likes this.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and RB-61 II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
post #6 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 04:41 PM

Liked: 24
For something that expensive. It just sucks you didn't make time to be home. I hope things get worked out for you.
post #7 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Yep someone waited for FED ex and stole them. Either they new you were getting a delivery that day or some one tipped them off from inside Fed Ex and had a friend pull up and wait for the delivery guy to come out of the truck and meet him the drive way.

They hardly ever ask for ID since they are so busy and have to get their load all delivered. I have a Customer at my Diner who works for Fed Ex and he told me that they fire people all the time due to theft. Especially the kind I described.

Id hound Fed Ex and ask them who the driver was and see if they asked him if the person signing came from inside the home or pulled up in a Vehicle. Then threaten them with a law suit.

It is definitely fed Ex's fault if there was a signature. Once a signature is given SVS is no longer responsible.

This is why I have all Fed Ex shipments shipped to their store near by. At least they have cameras if another person pretends to be me.

Athanasios
post #8 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 43
So did you file a police report or not?
post #9 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 654
I'm wondering what the plan was. If your not home how would you get the subs? Why whernt you home?

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and RB-61 II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
post #10 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 04:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I can see both sides.

I disagree. I think you're in a tough spot as there's no proof the package went to any other address than yours. Moreover, most buyers are watching tracking info with a new, expensive purchase and you say you didn't even know they were delivered until a week after the event? That's a problem for you and your story.

However, SVS is somewhat culpable for sending a $3200 package uninsured and without actively asking the buyer what type of shipping insurance and whether they wanted a signature to be required. I'm sure the buyer paid for shipping, so all shipping options should be offered to the buyer. If anything, it covers SVS in case a situation like this occurs (buyer would've preferred a direct signature). Usually, there is a charge for that and it should be up to the purchaser to have that option.

If SVS had half the reputation folks talk about here, they'd ship out new subs to the buyer and do the leg work themselves to track down the errant delivery. Or, given the circumstances that give some blame to the buyer, send out the subs at their cost or some heavy discount to help the buyer attain what he wanted and lost through no fault of his own. I, too, would hesitate from ordering anything from them. Good customer service is righting a wrong, even if it costs them some money.

Try your home owner's insurance.

What a drag.
blake18 likes this.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #11 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

A 3200 dollar package should have been sent "direct signature required" or "adult signature required" that way if no one is home a door tag would have been left.

As for the charge back, I certainly will not pay $3200 for merchandise not received. And I'm sure my credit card company will agree.

I shouldn't have to listen to someone say things like " this is impossible" and "I don't see how this could happen". That attitude doesn't make the situation any better and only makes me feel like I did wrong. Thats poor customer service.
Good bye SVS
post #12 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

According to the local police I cannot file a police report
post #13 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Well its your choice . I still think it is Fed Ex's fault. I ordered dual PB1000's and twice I was not home and twice they put the sticker on my door. I picked them up from the Fed Ex store.

If some one who is an adult and with confidence walks up to the driver and signs them and says for example, " just leave them here by the door I'll have my Son help me bring them in when he gets home" and the driver does not ask for ID, The sorry SVS is not at fault.

Totally on fed ex here boys.

Nashou
post #14 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

In terms of receiving the package If a door tag was left I would have stayed home or made arrangements with fedex to pick up at local office or have someone waiting
post #15 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:08 PM

I had a similar situation. Someone stole a $25 package that was sent to me. Best buy was kind enough to send me a replacement but they asked for a copy of the police report. I don't blame scs for asking for one considering it is a $3200 package. Have you provided them one and what was their response?
crazyrob425 likes this.
post #16 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

What City do you live where the police said they can do nothing? I say that that is poor customer service!! Your taxes pay them!!!

Nashou
crazyrob425 likes this.
post #17 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys80 View Post

That's strange.. The fact that they cant do anything about it does not mean nothing was stolen.. You should be able to file a report on stolen property so that it will be returned to you in case it is found. In my case the police got the guy 2 weeks after i filed my report.
post #18 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

And another thing, If I ordered 4k worth in product Id be watching that FED EX tracking page hourly! wink.gif

Nashou
post #19 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

The officer told me I cannot prove someone stole it. If fedex delivered it to the wrong address it wasn't stolen. And its a matter for fedex.
post #20 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

And another thing, If I ordered 4k worth in product Id be watching that FED EX tracking page hourly! wink.gif

Nashou

Its like watching paint dry but that's what I'll be doing from now on.
post #21 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The officer told me I cannot prove someone stole it. If fedex delivered it to the wrong address it wasn't stolen. And its a matter for fedex.

BINGO!!!!!

Id ask for a charge back from FED EX. Personally I hate Fed Ex.

Id be at FED EX bitching ump a storm or have my lawyer send them a nice letter.

Nashou
post #22 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The officer told me I cannot prove someone stole it. If fedex delivered it to the wrong address it wasn't stolen

Do they know that for sure? It could be someone who signed at your house.. If fedex knows it delivered to the wrong address can they recover it from that address?
post #23 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:

Get a copy of the delivery receipt from FedEx with signature. Bring it to the police. Then explain they were taken out of your driveway and you need a police report for insurance.
post #24 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Its like watching paint dry but that's what I'll be doing from now on.

yeah this really sucks for you......I feel bad and people do suck!!! But I think your anger at SVS is a displaced and the real anger should be directed toward Fed Ex.

they should always ask for ID, even if the person opens the door.

Nashou
oneeyeblind and Jack D Ripper like this.
post #25 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I say this is 100% on SVS. They absolutely should have required a direct signature AND they should have insured it. A $3200 package with indirect signature and no insurance...? Are you kidding me? Bad form, SVS.
oneeyeblind and nube like this.

Lumenlab "Community driven video lab".
post #26 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:28 PM

Liked: 16

Seems like Fedex is to blame not SVS, honestly SVS sounds like they are doing everything correctly. You can't really expect them to send you another $3200 in subs without some sort of protocol or proof it was stolen can you?

post #27 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:29 PM

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

I can see both sides.

I disagree. I think you're in a tough spot as there's no proof the package went to any other address than yours. Moreover, most buyers are watching tracking info with a new, expensive purchase and you say you didn't even know they were delivered until a week after the event? That's a problem for you and your story.

However, SVS is somewhat culpable for sending a $3200 package uninsured and without actively asking the buyer what type of shipping insurance and whether they wanted a signature to be required. I'm sure the buyer paid for shipping, so all shipping options should be offered to the buyer. If anything, it covers SVS in case a situation like this occurs (buyer would've preferred a direct signature). Usually, there is a charge for that and it should be up to the purchaser to have that option.

If SVS had half the reputation folks talk about here, they'd ship out new subs to the buyer and do the leg work themselves to track down the errant delivery. Or, given the circumstances that give some blame to the buyer, send out the subs at their cost or some heavy discount to help the buyer attain what he wanted and lost through no fault of his own. I, too, would hesitate from ordering anything from them. Good customer service is righting a wrong, even if it costs them some money.

Try your home owner's insurance.

What a drag.

Sorry to agree with this statement, but it seems rather odd that one would not be checking fedex tracking daily after ordering such an expensive purchase.
post #28 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Quote:
If SVS had half the reputation folks talk about here ...
The OP's situation is extremely unfortunate, but SVS shipped the subs per its clearly-stated policy (on both the Customer Service and FAQ pages), it has confirmation of delivery to the correct address, and it appears that they are trying to work with the OP to resolve the situation. That is completely in line with their reputation.

Given the circumstances, I wouldn't expect SVS - or any subwoofer company - to ship out a free pair of replacement subs.

I sincerely hope the OP is able to get satisfaction either from FedEx or from his insurance company.
crazyrob425 likes this.
post #29 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
My opinion is that if I ordered "$3200" subs and I knew I couldn't get off work one could have requested thru FedEx to be picked up at their facility. Who would not be home knowing its going to be delivered??? Can't blame SVS if someone at your house signed for it. Also, what keeps someone from lying when there is signed documentation. Credit card disputes without a for sure confirmation that someone is not lying is why most have high interest rates on cards.

post #30 of 299 Old 01-19-2014, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:

That seems like a load of hogwash to me and makes me, personally doubt your story. A kid throws a bag of dog pooh at a house, a police report can be filed. A kid takes a packet of gum from a store without paying for it, a police report can be filed. You claim $3,200 worth of stereo equipment was stolen, either by the shipper or another party, and the police won't take a report? If that's the case and you are telling the truth, you should be raising holy hell with the police and city hall, not griping that the company that sent items should eat it on a public forum.
Chu Gai, nube, hyghwayman and 2 others like this.

~Nick

Augustine's Law: "The last 10% of performance generates one-third of the cost and two-thirds of the problems."

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page