Subwoofer recommendation for a 6500 cu ft family room - rock and classical music mostly - Page 3 - AVS Forum
1  2  3
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > Subwoofer recommendation for a 6500 cu ft family room - rock and classical music mostly
Hopinater's Avatar Hopinater 07:50 PM 01-27-2014

Yeah I agree, from all I've read the PA 150 is a great sub for under $500 as long as you aren't looking for much output below 30 Hz (IIRC). But for anything above that it's a great sub. Should be good for music and at a good price. 

bear123's Avatar bear123 05:36 AM 01-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post

Yeah I agree, from all I've read the PA 150 is a great sub for under $500 as long as you aren't looking for much output below 30 Hz (IIRC). But for anything above that it's a great sub. Should be good for music and at a good price. 

Yeah, and I think as a last resort, if OP still does not get the output he needs he can get a second one down the road when the budget allows to gain the extra 6 dB of output.

derrickdj1's Avatar derrickdj1 11:23 AM 01-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

Yeah, and I think as a last resort, if OP still does not get the output he needs he can get a second one down the road when the budget allows to gain the extra 6 dB of output.

I think Bill has seen this thread and is staying away from this 6 db. thing, lol. It is simple to do, get a spl meter and with subs in the room greater than 1/4 wave length, turn one sub and measure at the MLP. Then turn the second sub on and measure. It will not be 6db. I have done this many times.
nashou66's Avatar nashou66 11:33 AM 01-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post

Something that digs deep can also be a great sub for music, just not a $500 sub. For that price range I can't think of a better sub than the PA 150, which does not have great under 20 Hz output. What sub under $500 really has great sub 20 Hz output. I can't think of one, he he.

The PB 1000 does wink.gif

Nashou
bear123's Avatar bear123 01:22 PM 01-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post

I think Bill has seen this thread and is staying away from this 6 db. thing, lol. It is simple to do, get a spl meter and with subs in the room greater than 1/4 wave length, turn one sub and measure at the MLP. Then turn the second sub on and measure. It will not be 6db. I have done this many times.

Oh I don't have the definitive answer here, just regurgitating what I heard.  I believe you though.  However, I do remember seeing someone say they gained 7 or 8 dB adding a second sub.  I figured it was the 6 plus room gain?  I have no first hand experience with this.

Tags: Hsu Research Stf 2 , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4 , Premier Acoustic Pa 150 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer
1  2  3

Up
Mobile  Desktop