AVS Forum banner

B&W 750, B&W 825, ULS-15, or LFM-1 EX ?

835 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  pokekevin 
#1 ·
Which sub would you recommend for both music and movies?

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvlovers  /t/1513532/b-w-750-b-w-825-uls-15-or-lfm-1-ex#post_24252197

Which sub would you recommend for both music and movies?

ULS-15. But more importantly, how large is your room?? Budget?

#3 ·
The LFM will have more deep bass output but the ULS will sound cleaner. I don't think the B&W will be able to keep up with either. You might look at a VTF15h if you want something that will have a lot of clean deep bass output. By the way, I wouldn't bother with an LFM when the VTF3 is nearly the same price, the VTF3 is mostly just an improved version of the LFM.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvlovers  /t/1513532/b-w-750-b-w-825-uls-15-or-lfm-1-ex#post_24262141

My room is about 2,300 cu/f

Oh not bad at all! I think the dual (or single) ULS would do fine in that room Shady your thoughts?

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin  /t/1513532/b-w-750-b-w-825-uls-15-or-lfm-1-ex#post_24262154

Oh not bad at all! I think the dual (or single) ULS would do fine in that room Shady your thoughts?

I'm torn between single ULS and dual VTF3 as my budget is about 1,500.

VTF15 (suggested by shadyJ) is too big for my room. It's event too big for the plant base

I would rather have cleaner than deeper bass. What is your suggestion?

#7 ·
Between a dual VTF3 and a ULS 15, I would go with a dual VTF3. One on one the ULS is a bit tighter and cleaner, but two VTF3s will give you endless clean headroom at 20 hz and probably two or three times the deep bass around the tuning point. Just compare the CEA measurements at Hsu's site. Not to mention the room smoothing effects of duals. The thing is, the VTF15h might be a big sub, but the VTF3 isn't really that much smaller. It's about the size of an endtable. Two VTF3s in a 2300'^3 room will give you pretty hard bass and remain very clean to high levels.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ  /t/1513532/b-w-750-b-w-825-uls-15-or-lfm-1-ex#post_24262700

Between a dual VTF3 and a ULS 15, I would go with a dual VTF3. One on one the ULS is a bit tighter and cleaner, but two VTF3s will give you endless clean headroom at 20 hz and probably two or three times the deep bass around the tuning point. Just compare the CEA measurements at Hsu's site. Not to mention the room smoothing effects of duals. The thing is, the VTF15h might be a big sub, but the VTF3 isn't really that much smaller. It's about the size of an endtable. Two VTF3s in a 2300'^3 room will give you pretty hard bass and remain very clean to high levels.

This.

The only other option I would consider is dual rythmik E or F15 (. Sealed but in a room your size I'd think it would do well. I've heard dual E15s in a room way larger and thought they had pretty darn good output and great SQ.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin  /t/1513532/b-w-750-b-w-825-uls-15-or-lfm-1-ex#post_24262735

This.

The only other option I would consider is dual rythmik E or F15 (. Sealed but in a room your size I'd think it would do well. I've heard dual E15s in a room way larger and thought they had pretty darn good output and great SQ.

Which one would give me cleaner bass ULS15 or E/F15 ? Also what's the difference between E15 & F15 sound wise?

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvlovers  /t/1513532/b-w-750-b-w-825-uls-15-or-lfm-1-ex#post_24278108

Which one would give me cleaner bass ULS15 or E/F15 ? Also what's the difference between E15 & F15 sound wise?

I have heard both the ULS and E15 but in different rooms...so hard to compare but on the WOTW scene I thought the E15 sounded "better" to me. The ULS was in a dedicated theater space while the E15 was in a family room set up. Regarding the F15 vs E15, according to Rythmik's site the E15 is just a smaller foot print version? Not sure if that would have a major impact on SQ. I'd say just go with the cheaper one? That is if you aren't limited in space!

-Kevin

#11 ·
Forgot to say there should be a small discount if you buy more than one from Rythmik.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.