Looking for advice, total change of lf priorities. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 3 Old 01-23-2014, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I have a 15x30 ht area in which I do a lot of music listening. Music has always been firs and foremost to me. I recently bought Aerial Acoustics 7t's. I have 4 different subs right now all in that room. I'm going to keep either an Epik Phoenix or SvS pb12 plus 2 which will not be used when I'm playing music. The other three will find new homes. I want a sub that is fast and articulate with music. Budget is 1k delivered. The Rythmic servos sealed subs look promising as do some hsu and SvS models. Anything in that price range I'm overlooking? I'm willing to raise the budget slightly if there is something out there that is worth it. Any advise would be appreciated. Btw, my pre pro is a Marantz Av 8801 with separate Audyssey measurements for two subs.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 01-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 1323
I wold get rid of the Phoenix as fast as possible, as there is no way to get it repaired once something breaks on it. The PB12 Plus 2 ought to be pretty good though. The single best $1k shipped sub for a room of that size would be a Hsu VTF15h. I would go for two subs though, you might think about dual Rythmik LV12rs or dual Hsu VTF2 mk4s.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 96
You may consider getting something that would compliment the SVS. Duals will smooth out room modes.
Sponsored Links
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Svs Pb12 Plus Black Oak 12 Inch 800 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio Lv12r , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page