post #61 of 71 Old 02-11-2014, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

(EQ'g provided by Audyssey MultEQ XT32/SubEQ HT, in-sub amplifier provided PEQ and REW to guide final efforts.)

Out of respect, I posted both ground plane and in room measurements in an effort to make sure "not" to confuse the issue as was indicated by comparing ground plane to ground plane measurements. For succeeding in confusing the issues, my apologies. The intent of posting this information (ground plane and in-room measurements) is to allow for an apple-to-apple comparison as measurement in one room is not indicative of measurement in another room but a measurement in a room, based on one's EQ'g skill level, is a reasonable indication of what another equally skilled person will be able to get in their room, using similar EQ'g methods.

I don't think your getting what he's saying. The JL spec is a "frequency response" measurement.

The two things you posted were maximum output numbers at different frequencies, and a graph of an in room, eq'ed frequency response. You can't compare the former with either one of the latter. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 Old 02-12-2014, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

OK, Quick question. How does everyone feel about the Sunfire HRS-12? I ask because one is being sold locally for under $600. Does it have any of the issues that the Sunfire True Subwoofer have? I.e. BAD AMPS.

NM I just saw it's Driver : (

post #63 of 71 Old 02-12-2014, 03:11 PM

Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDelmo View Post

OK, Quick question. How does everyone feel about the Sunfire HRS-12? I ask because one is being sold locally for under $600. Does it have any of the issues that the Sunfire True Subwoofer have? I.e. BAD AMPS.

NM I just saw it's Driver : (

In my opinion, Sunfire subs were the desirable way to go, back in the 1990's but today, I've given all my attention to ID and the subwoofers most frequently discussed on these threads.

I wish I could convince you to throw ideas of fiscal prudent behavior out the window. It sounds good but does not work for subwoofers. In the case of subwoofers (and yes, I understand the reality of budgets) one needs to find the price/performance monster nearest to their budget, buy and don't look back as at these prices levels, everything can be second guessed.

I see you vacillating on your purchase which tells me you see something you want but the price still is causing you concerns.

Just repeating, one will get the best sound out of a two subwoofer system and if they stick to this point, their chance of getting subwoofer sound they're happy with, improves greatly.

What Rythmiks does your uncle have? If your uncle's system is reference capable, what's your opinion of his subwoofer system when being cranked up to reference level output?
post #64 of 71 Old 02-17-2014, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

OK, thought I would give you all an update. I think I will try to save up some more and go for the Svs Sb13-Ultra.

My original budget however was going to be $1,000 and under. I really didn't want to go over that mark. But I figured if I went with a $1,000 woofer I would rather save a little more and get the one I want. The Sb13-Ultra hits all my boxes in all the right ways. I am a sucker for nice drivers and the Ultra has one of my favorites. The sub also has an incredible Fq band going from 20hz all the way up to 500hz. Which I think would be great for music. Not sure how it would compare to the Rythmik F15's but I am sure this thing would be incredible for music. The JL's seem nice but even there smaller E-sub costs more than the Ultra. Yet, they haven't been very informative about ether of the speakers capability's to justify the price point. I know most people on here would say to spend the most amount of money possible but I am just not THAT financial sound where I can spend tens of thousands of dollars on my sound system. I have no clue as to how people could buy two $2,500/each speaker and be like "they sound good for an affordable speaker" What the heck is an expensive speaker to them than?

"It just bewilders me"

Anyways, I think investing in a really good subwoofer will pay off in the end. Keep in mind at $1,600 I am going to be spending more money on my Subwoofer than my entire system put together... Not sure if that's a good thing or not

If for what ever reason I cant afford the 13-Ultra than I will fall back on ether the SVS-2000 or Anthony Gallo's CL-S 12. Both seems to be right in the $700 price point.

I just want to say thank you for all you're help.

post #65 of 71 Old 02-17-2014, 08:06 PM

Liked: 33
Quote:

OK, thought I would give you all an update. I think I will try to save up some more and go for the Svs Sb13-Ultra.
My original budget however was going to be $1,000 and under. I really didn't want to go over that mark. But I figured if I went with a $1,000 woofer I would rather save a little more and get the one I want. The Sb13-Ultra hits all my boxes in all the right ways. I am a sucker for nice drivers and the Ultra has one of my favorites. The sub also has an incredible Fq band going from 20hz all the way up to 500hz. Which I think would be great for music. Not sure how it would compare to the Rythmik F15's but I am sure this thing would be incredible for music. The JL's seem nice but even there smaller E-sub costs more than the Ultra. Yet, they haven't been very informative about ether of the speakers capability's to justify the price point. I know most people on here would say to spend the most amount of money possible but I am just not THAT financial sound where I can spend tens of thousands of dollars on my sound system. I have no clue as to how people could buy two $2,500/each speaker and be like "they sound good for and affordable speaker" What the heck is an expensive speaker to them than?
"It just bewilders me"

Anyways, I think investing in a really good subwoofer will pay off in the end. Keep in mind at $1,600 I am going to be spending more money on my Subwoofer than my entire system put together... Not sure if that's a good thing or not

If for what ever reason I cant afford the 13-Ultra than I will fall back on ether the SVS-2000 or Anthony Gallo's CL-S 12. Both seems to be right in the $700 price point.

I just want to say thank you for all you're help.

Excellent choice!! I am sure you will enjoy it smile.gif

Panasonic TC-P65S2 HD Plasma, Oppo BDP-93, Paradigm Studio 100's v2 (mains), Paradigm Studio CC-570 v3 (center), Paradigm ADP-370 v3 (side surr.), (2 pairs) Paradigm Studio 20 v2 (side, back surr.), 2 SVS PB13-Ultras,1 Hsu Research VTF3-HO (nearfield), Marantz AV-7005 pre/pro | 2 Emotiva XPA-5's
post #66 of 71 Old 02-18-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:

I have no clue as to how people could buy two $2,500/each speaker and be like "they sound good for an affordable speaker" What the heck is an expensive speaker to them than?
"It just bewilders me"

Don't let it bewilder you. It's about happiness and $400.00/month payment on the CC for seven months. I have a system that I'm not second guessing. Can everybody here say the same thing about their subwoofer system? If you buy what you're looking at, will you be able to say the same thing?

You know you're home when you stop looking. Will this purchase stop you from looking?

(it's not about how much you spend. It's about how much you won't spend)

...wink.gif

-
post #67 of 71 Old 02-18-2014, 08:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 838
I have 1 LV12r that I paid cash for. Im not second guessing or looking. Quite happy in fact.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #68 of 71 Old 02-18-2014, 08:11 AM

Then you're golden.
post #69 of 71 Old 02-18-2014, 08:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I have 1 LV12r that I paid cash for. Im not second guessing or looking. Quite happy in fact.

Mr Bond broke 10,000 posts. Congrats! smile.gif

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #70 of 71 Old 02-18-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Mr Bond broke 10,000 posts. Congrats! smile.gif
Thanks cel smile.gif

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #71 of 71 Old 03-23-2014, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I went ahead and bought the Sb-2000 instead of the 13-ultra. I really wanted the ultra but the extra grand seemed like a steep step up. After thinking it over the Ultra may have been over kill for the room it would go in. I am going to give the 2000 a try and see how I like it. If I feel like I need more power I can always upgrade to the ultra later.

Well, Now that I have an extra grand I wasn't planning on having I decided I would invest it into a new TV that I sorely need. I will most likely be getting a Sony, and it couldn't happen at a better time. The new 2014 Sony TV's are finally starting to come out and I have my eye on a few of them. Namely the Sony 48W600B, 50W800B, and 49X850B. Otherwise, my fall back TV will be either the Sony W802A or Sony W900A.

I will let you know when it gets here.

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Svs Sb2000 , Marantz Sr5008 , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Jl Audio , Jl Audio Brand
Gear in this thread - Sr5008 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page