Need quick help…what size circut should i run for 2 JTR Cap 2400s and whats better passive with iNuke or powered from JTR - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am building a house and meet with the electrician on thursday. I need to know what amp circuit I should tell him for 2 JTR cap 2400s if I get them powered?

I may buy them passive and do a iNuke 3000 or 6000…would I be way better off with the room correction ability of the iNukes over what comes on the powered version of the caps?

If I ever end up with a receiver that has the Audyssey thats capable of doing true dual sub adjustments for a 7.2 does that defeat the pour pose of the processing the iNukes can do or am I still better off?

The question of powered or not is a big one because the if powered the outlets on den wall need to be beefed up…if not my equipment closet will need to be because thats where the amp would be.

I was looking at these vs SVS pb ultra 13 but that one may stick out a little far….they are going to be incorporated into a wall to wall cabinet. Room is 21 x 21.5 x 12' ceilings.

Thanks in advanced!

And if you want to add in this equipment closet will also have my receiver denon 145x7 I think and everything else…drtv box…wifi router…switches…synonlgy hard drive…9 sonos 55x2 connect amp boxes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 11:59 AM

Liked: 801
This may help you and your electrician with an answer.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolacls View Post

I am building a house and meet with the electrician on thursday. I need to know what amp circuit I should tell him for 2 JTR cap 2400s if I get them powered?

I may buy them passive and do a iNuke 3000 or 6000…would I be way better off with the room correction ability of the iNukes over what comes on the powered version of the caps?

If I ever end up with a receiver that has the Audyssey thats capable of doing true dual sub adjustments for a 7.2 does that defeat the pour pose of the processing the iNukes can do or am I still better off?

The question of powered or not is a big one because the if powered the outlets on den wall need to be beefed up…if not my equipment closet will need to be because thats where the amp would be.

I was looking at these vs SVS pb ultra 13 but that one may stick out a little far….they are going to be incorporated into a wall to wall cabinet. Room is 21 x 21.5 x 12' ceilings.

Thanks in advanced!

And if you want to add in this equipment closet will also have my receiver denon 145x7 I think and everything else…drtv box…wifi router…switches…synonlgy hard drive…9 sonos 55x2 connect amp boxes.
They can share a single 20 amp outlet but each on its own would be ideal. Definitely preferred listening volume related.

The DSP Jeff installs in his speakerpowr amp is custom tailored for the Cap. It would be hard to equal its performance for the same money.

The DSP allows XT32 a better starting platform. They work well together.

20 amp outlets should work with all efficient HT amps (within reason).

Hope this helps
Chris

If you go the passive route Archaea is very knowledgeable on the combination.wink.gif
post #4 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post

They can share a single 20 amp outlet but each on its own would be ideal. Definitely preferred listening volume related.

The DSP Jeff installs in his speakerpowr amp is custom tailored for the Cap. It would be hard to equal its performance for the same money.

The DSP allows XT32 a better starting platform. They work well together.

20 amp outlets should work with all efficient HT amps (within reason).

Hope this helps
Chris

If you go the passive route Archaea is very knowledgeable on the combination.wink.gif

Thanks for the fast reply, that is very helpful! In reality I won't push them that hard that often (WAF) but when she's not around I don't want to be limited because I didn't drop what was needed when building. So I would probably try to do a 20 for each.

I figured the amp and filters built in were good I just wasn't sure how it all integrated into the XT32 and whatnot. This will be my first attempt at properly EQing subs in a room and I think I will need all the help I can get . Big room…almost square…bug openings on one side and back wall…and its the living room so can't do mant sound treatments so I will have to reply on sub crawl and EQing.

So if I buy the powered caps in my equipment closet there wouldn't be too much high powered amps…just my denon or if I get separates one day but that still would prob be 150-200x7. I guess 2 20amps in there should cover anything I would need?
post #5 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

This may help you and your electrician with an answer.

I will keep that handy…I have no idea what I'm looking at with that tho lol.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 12:56 PM

The graphs are basically telling you for how long a circuit breaker of "X" Amps will hold, above and beyond it's rated amperage.

Watts/Volts = Amps.

-
post #7 of 8 Old 02-19-2014, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

I looked at it again on a computer and see now...it was hard to see one phone lol

I talked to JTR today and they told me a single 20 amp would suffice for dual cap 2400s
post #8 of 8 Old 02-19-2014, 07:23 PM

Good deal.

...biggrin.gif...wink.gif
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page