post #31 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

At this point, I think you are just too irrational to reason with, as just about everyone else in this post agrees with.  But, to each his own.  You are entitled to your opinions.  Enjoy.

P.S.  Sorry for having angered you, it was inadvertent.

I have nothing to be angered about. I've noticed that people don't like to be challenged on these forums and instead have everyone agree with them. Forums are about discussions and 'different' opinions.

It's not your fault, just the way things are around here usually.

From what I've read, I agree with you, SVS is pretty great. If that means anything.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

FWIW, the other 'bashing' thread is far more interesting! biggrin.gif

Conflict is inherently more interesting than a lack of conflict.  Think about it:  What is a more interesting story:

1. You are happily married; you love your wife, and she loves you.  Or:
  2. You have a mistress, and your wife and her lover are planning on murdering you for the life insurance money.

Notice, the more interesting story is not the same as the story that means you are going to have a long and happy life.

SVS is a great company, and even the thread in which an attempt is made to tarnish their reputation shows that this is true, to everyone who actually reads it.  However, many more people probably just read the title, see it is long, and then get the impression that the title gives, which is a totally false and misleading impression.

God willing, we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids. God bless you all.
post #33 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 05:50 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post

Even if you get on your private plane and fly me a new one the next day and fail to refund me half my money, it's not going to be acceptable for me. Now that you know my standards...they are MINE, no one elses'.

Well that is a nice level headed and realistic outlook. rolleyes.gif I am done feeding your troll like behavior as you are obviously needing attention for some reason and clearly being irrational in general. The track record of SVS for both pre and post sales support speaks for itself for anyone who has done their homework. Someone like yourself who has never owned an SVS product and has never had the pleasure of dealing with their customer support, but still comes in here to do whatever it is you are attempting to do is pathetic. Have the last word as I am done wasting time with a troll. rolleyes.gif

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #34 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:

I have nothing to be angered about. I've noticed that people don't like to be challenged on these forums and instead have everyone agree with them. Forums are about discussions and 'different' opinions.

It's not your fault, just the way things are around here usually.

From what I've read, I agree with you, SVS is pretty great. If that means anything.

I don't mind being challenged, just that what you are arguing and the points you are making do not make any sense.  Of the tens of thousands of posts about  SVS on these forums, I saw one who was unhappy.  He blamed SVS in his thread title.  I read what happened, and disagree, as did most on the thread it would seem, that his situation had anything to do with terrible customer service.  The fault was largely his own and the carrier.  As I said though, you are entitled to your opinion, it just did not make much sense, which is my opinion :)

Toe likes this.

AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #35 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't mind being challenged, just that what you are arguing and the points you are making do not make any sense.  Of the tens of thousands of posts about  SVS on these forums, I saw one who was unhappy.  He blamed SVS in his thread title.  I read what happened, and disagree, as did most on the thread it would seem, that his situation had anything to do with terrible customer service.  The fault was largely his own and the carrier.  As I said though, you are entitled to your opinion, it just did not make much sense, which is my opinion smile.gif

Cool. You don't believe it happened. Story sounds sorta iffy to me too.

Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #36 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 05:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 746
Quote:

I've noticed that people don't like to be challenged on these forums and instead have everyone agree with them.

Be sure to eat your own dog food. Earlier in this thread, you tried to discredit my response by labeling it as "not even relevant". Seems like you didn't like being challenged.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #37 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 05:57 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:

I don't mind being challenged, just that what you are arguing and the points you are making do not make any sense.  Of the tens of thousands of posts about  SVS on these forums, I saw one who was unhappy.  He blamed SVS in his thread title.  I read what happened, and disagree, as did most on the thread it would seem, that his situation had anything to do with terrible customer service.  The fault was largely his own and the carrier.  As I said though, you are entitled to your opinion, it just did not make much sense, which is my opinion smile.gif

This comment says it all about the type of poster we are dealing with in Prime316........
Quote:

Even if you get on your private plane and fly me a new one the next day and fail to refund me half my money, it's not going to be acceptable for me. Now that you know my standards...they are MINE, no one elses'.

Unfortunate as I always thought he was a fair level headed poster in the bass thread which is obviously not the case. frown.gif

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #38 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Unfortunate as I always thought he was a fair level headed poster in the bass thread which is obviously not the case. frown.gif

Obviously not. I won't apologize for my standards. Customer service is fine but if your quality if up to snuff, customer service will take care of itself. You could fix a thousand problems for me one by one with a smile on your face, but if you always take the time to make sure your product is good to go from the start, i'm probably not going to have those problems in the first place. In this statement, i'm not speaking about svs or any company in particular. Yes, your quality takes into account the entire process of you creating the product until the time it takes to hit my doorstep.

Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #39 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You don't believe it happened. 

That is not necessarily true.  I am neutral on that.  It may have happened, it may not have.  If it happened the way he said it did, it is primarily his fault, secondary blame on the carrier.  Too many people do not accept responsibility for their actions.

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #40 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Too many people do not accept responsibility for their actions.

You and I are certainly in agreement on that one.

Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #41 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Prime316? Who is this tool? And what is he/she doing posting in a thread or should I say trolling in an SVS thread, never having had any experience with the company.

Trolls belong under the bridge. Please return.
Toe and Steve1515 like this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #42 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 06:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

Trolls belong under the bridge. Please return.

Yes, but your comment is so trite that it gives Prime serious cred.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #43 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

Yes, but your comment is so trite that it gives Prime serious cred.

As what a bonafide troll?
Toe and Steve1515 like this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #44 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have bought two subs from svs(3 if you count a pb12-nsd which I tried and they exchanged for me with no problems). The first one a pb12-nsd/2 came with some marks on it, packaging didn't seem right, they gave me a partial credit on the sub. This amount was more than fair. I bought a pb12-plus and it had a couple small blemishes on it so they and sonic boom audio came up with a store credit which I used for merchandise. Again more than fair. Excellent service between sonic boom and svs. No hesitation from them.

Sonic boom audio shipped out a new amp for my pb12-plus when it stopped working. Just told them what it was doing and it wasn't a problem. I was then sent out another new amp when the pb12-plus was making a bottoming sound, this amp was pretested and sent right from SVS direct. Then sonic boom sent me a brand new driver after consultation with SVS when the amp didn't fix the problem.***Turns out I think it might have been the Cambridge audio 751r causing the sub to distort.***

Also great support pretty much at any time of the day from Mason at sonic boom or SVS.

I myself can't say enough good things about SVS. Don't own the subs anymore as I just wanted a change. It has nothing to do with their quality of products or service as they are excellent. Will buy from them again in the future I can say for sure. No other manufacturer sends a replacement part out so easily and so fast that I have ever dealt with. Just excellent overall.
post #45 of 47 Old 02-23-2014, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Having bought one sub from SVS, returned it, bought another one, chatted with them about which sub would be best for me, and having even called them after getting my PB-1000 for placement help, I can say that SVS was great to me. I've had nothing but a great experience in dealing with them. I was waiting for my shipping label to send my PB-1000 back for a few days. After not getting it, I chatted with SVS and asked them where it was. I needed it for the next day so I could drop off my PB-1000 at FedEx before I caught my flight back home for my grandfathers funeral. They said they were busy shipping out the 2000 series and would make a note of it and email it to me first thing in the morning. Low and behold, it was in my email first thing in the morning and I was able to send back my PB-1000 before my flight as planned. I can't fault them one bit. They assessed my issue and took care of it in a prompt and professional manner. I was satisfied/happy. Period. Since I didn't have any serious issues (thank god), I can't comment on how well they handle serious issues because I didn't experience any first hand. In my particular experience, the shipping was perfect, the product was in pristine condition, and has been working perfectly fine since I got it. SVS is great, and I will continue to consider them for my next subwoofer upgrade. Also, I will continue to recommend their products to people until they give me a very good reason not to. They haven't so far, and I doubt that will ever change. SVS is a great company and they have great customer service. I'm sure most if not all ID subwoofer companies have great customer service, but I have only seriously dealt with SVS and bought products form them, so I will not comment on other companies products or customer service since I did not deal with + buy from them. It's stupid to comment on companies or products that you've never owned or dealt with. You can generalize and say no company is perfect, but we're not stupid. Everyone already knows no company is perfect and they can't satisfy 100% of customers 100% of the time. rolleyes.gif

SVS was great to me. There's more than enough posts on this forum to reinforce SVS' reputation.

Polk CS20
Polk Tsi 500's
Polk Tsi 200's
Denon 1713
Samsung 37'' LCD
Panasonic DMP-BDT 210
SVS PB-2000
Auralex Great Gramma/MoPAD
Logitech Harmony One
post #46 of 47 Old 02-24-2014, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Well, I've never dealt w/ SVS, but I read that other thread and agree w/ the OP of this thread- that thread title was totally unwarranted. So I'm posting here to give this a bump.

What is sad is that even though the OP in that other post has disappeared, others keep posting and just keep that title prominent. Personally, I think the Mods should lock it down.
post #47 of 47 Old 02-24-2014, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I agree with that.