AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/)
-   -   Great Customer Service at SVS (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1519382-great-customer-service-svs.html)

bear123 02-23-2014 05:51 AM

Honestly, just tired of seeing the misleading post about terrible customer service bumped over and over again.   Until it disappears I figured I would simply get a more truthful post going along side of it.

 

My PB2000 arrived.  I used it for a day and it quit working.  Called SVS and they had me pull the amp to check for loose connections.  Wiggling the circuit board caused the sub to come on and off.  They sent a new amp which arrived the next day.  Everything working fine since then.  Looking forward to doing some more REW testing starting probably wednesday, along with some EQ attempts and possibly even testing dual subs.


mercury 02-23-2014 06:12 AM

Know ones perfect including SVS(although never opened that thread). SVS IMHO and most others would agree set the standards in customer service....

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jack D Ripper 02-23-2014 11:58 AM

SVS has great customer service.  They are fast to respond, and are quite helpful with reasonable requests.  And they make a great product, at a great price.  If they continue as they have, I will never recommend any other brand of subwoofer, or buy any other brand myself.  Sure, there are other good subwoofers, but you cannot go wrong with SVS.


Prime316 02-23-2014 12:33 PM

...

Prime316 02-23-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

Honestly, just tired of seeing the misleading post about terrible customer service bumped over and over again.   Until it disappears I figured I would simply get a more truthful post going along side of it.

My PB2000 arrived.  I used it for a day and it quit working.  Called SVS and they had me pull the amp to check for loose connections.  Wiggling the circuit board caused the sub to come on and off.  They sent a new amp which arrived the next day.  Everything working fine since then.  Looking forward to doing some more REW testing starting probably wednesday, along with some EQ attempts and possibly even testing dual subs.


OP, until you can guarantee their customer service is 100% for each and every transaction, I don't think you can judge against what someone else's experience might be. There are great companies out there but they have at least one customer that they did not please. It's not possible to please everyone all the time. I'm glad you had a good experience, even though I would never associate getting a product that's DOA as a good experience, that doesn't diminish what happened to someone else.

bear123 02-23-2014 12:36 PM

I disagree.  The other thread's title implied terrible customer service from a company known for great customer service, when in reality, his issue was with the shipping company. Also, great customer service is not defined by one customers experience as compared to 99 others, but rather is better defined by the experience of 99 out of 100.


Prime316 02-23-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

I disagree.  The other thread's title implied terrible customer service from a company known for great customer service, when in reality, his issue was with the shipping company. Also, great customer service is not defined by one customers experience as compared to 99 others, but rather is better defined by the experience of 99 out of 100.

I'm not defending that other thread in any way but I would definitely disagree with your definition of good customer service. If your product is worth any at all, most will be ok with it. It's what you do when there' s a problem that defines you as a company. As long as everything fine, it's smooth sailing and no one really knows who you are as a company. You show your true face under extreme adversity. Not necessarily just shipping out a part to a customer. What do you do when you ship that part and it doesn't arrive or that customer has no idea what in the world to do with it?

I'm glad you're happy with your experience but as I said, had I bought a brand new sub from Dr. Hsu and it stopped working after the first use, I would have been sure to let people know about it. Sure, if it had happened 6 months down the road, I could understand but not right out the box. That's acceptable for you so that's cool. I'm not for or against SvS..never owned anything from them but don't just jump to the point of saying what someone else is saying isn't true just because you have had a different experience. Again, this is just in general. I don't support anything being said in that other thread. I believe I posted in it a few times and decided it was all pointless and left it be.

cel4145 02-23-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post

I'm glad you had a good experience, even though I would never associate getting a product that's DOA as a good experience . . .

Then don't buy any subwoofers off the Internet. Shipping can cause damage. There's just no way around that for the manufacturers. SVS double boxes their subs with good padding, and that's the best that they can do.

Jack D Ripper 02-23-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post

I'm glad you had a good experience, even though I would never associate getting a product that's DOA as a good experience . . .

Then don't buy any subwoofers off the Internet. Shipping can cause damage. There's just no way around that for the manufacturers. SVS double boxes their subs with good padding, and that's the best that they can do.

 

He better not buy one in a store, either, as they are shipped to the store, and it could have gotten damaged on the way there, too.


Prime316 02-23-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Then don't buy any subwoofers off the Internet. Shipping can cause damage. There's just no way around that for the manufacturers. SVS double boxes their subs with good padding, and that's the best that they can do.

Great job picking out a line without context and giving a response not even relevant to what's being said.


The entire point here again is that just because you think you had a great experience with something, doesn't mean that next person is lying or going overboard about their experience because it wasn't a positive one for them. I don't see how anyone can dispute that. That's just common sense.

Jack D Ripper 02-23-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

Honestly, just tired of seeing the misleading post about terrible customer service bumped over and over again.   Until it disappears I figured I would simply get a more truthful post going along side of it.

My PB2000 arrived.  I used it for a day and it quit working.  Called SVS and they had me pull the amp to check for loose connections.  Wiggling the circuit board caused the sub to come on and off.  They sent a new amp which arrived the next day.  Everything working fine since then.  Looking forward to doing some more REW testing starting probably wednesday, along with some EQ attempts and possibly even testing dual subs.


OP, until you can guarantee their customer service is 100% for each and every transaction, I don't think you can judge against what someone else's experience might be. There are great companies out there but they have at least one customer that they did not please. It's not possible to please everyone all the time. I'm glad you had a good experience, even though I would never associate getting a product that's DOA as a good experience, that doesn't diminish what happened to someone else.

 

No, the OP does not have to guarantee that everything is great for everyone always to their satisfaction.  If you read the thread to which the OP is referring, the complainer indicates that he has a problem with SVS trying to find out what happened to the missing subwoofers, and just wants them to trust him and send him another pair and just suck up the loss, without a proper investigation.  SVS wants to know what happened in the delivery process, and the customer refuses to help them do so.  Then he posts online that their customer service sucks, when, in fact, if one reads what he claims they have done, demonstrates the opposite.

 

So, the OP is absolutely right that the other thread is giving a very misleading impression with its title, and I can certainly understand a dislike for such a false impression.


Prime316 02-23-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack D Ripper View Post

No, he does not have to guarantee that everything is great for everyone always to their satisfaction.  If you read the thread to which he is referring, the complainer indicates that he has a problem with SVS trying to find out what happened to the missing subwoofers, and just wants them to trust him and send him another pair and just suck up the loss, without a proper investigation.  SVS wants to know what happened in the delivery process, and the customer refuses to help them do so.  Then he posts online that their customer service sucks, when, in fact, if one reads what he claims they have done, demonstrates the opposite.

So, the OP is absolutely right that the other thread is giving a very misleading impression with its title, and I can certainly understand a dislike for such a false impression.


I am familiar with the other thread. I wasn't speaking towards the meat of that thread so much as this thread tries to prove that SVS can do no wrong. Without even doing business with them, I can tell you that this isn't true. I can say this because no company does all it should do for all customers each and every time out. I speak from many years of experience.

Toe 02-23-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post

I am familiar with the other thread. I wasn't speaking towards the meat of that thread so much as this thread tries to prove that SVS can do no wrong. Without even doing business with them, I can tell you that this isn't true. I can say this because no company does all it should do for all customers each and every time out. I speak from many years of experience.


If you have never owned one of their subs, and never had any experience with their customer service, what are you doing posting in this SVS thread? confused.gif Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but SVS all things considered has one of the best customer service reputations out there, so I don't understand your devils advocate type posts unless you are just flat out bored and have nothing better to do on this fine Sunday.

I have owned (and still own) 4 SVS subs in the last almost 10 years and have had to deal with warranty issues a few times in all those years. I would put my experience with SVS customer service right at the top of all companies I have dealt with over the years (would also put one or two other companies in that same class such as Carada). The few issues I have had over the years were dealt with VERY promptly, kindly and met or exceeded my expectations. Bottom line is SVS is absolutely first rate to deal with are very deserving of their fantastic reputation. cool.gif

Jack D Ripper 02-23-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack D Ripper View Post

No, he does not have to guarantee that everything is great for everyone always to their satisfaction.  If you read the thread to which he is referring, the complainer indicates that he has a problem with SVS trying to find out what happened to the missing subwoofers, and just wants them to trust him and send him another pair and just suck up the loss, without a proper investigation.  SVS wants to know what happened in the delivery process, and the customer refuses to help them do so.  Then he posts online that their customer service sucks, when, in fact, if one reads what he claims they have done, demonstrates the opposite.

So, the OP is absolutely right that the other thread is giving a very misleading impression with its title, and I can certainly understand a dislike for such a false impression.


I am familiar with the other thread. I wasn't speaking towards the meat of that thread so much as this thread tries to prove that SVS can do no wrong. Without even doing business with them, I can tell you that this isn't true. I can say this because no company does all it should do for all customers each and every time out. I speak from many years of experience.

 

No one said that SVS can do no wrong.  That is not implied by saying that they have great customer service.  The simple fact is, they do have great customer service. And if you are right that "no company does all it should do for all customers each and every time out", I have not seen any evidence of that for SVS.  I have never read or heard of anyone ever having anything other than a proper response from them.  Including people who complain about them, such as in the thread to which this one is a response.  Now that I have written that, I expect someone to write up some BS story to point out to me.  But even if someone pointed to a true story in which they did not do everything they should have done in some particular case, it would not mean that they do not have great customer service.  "Great" does not mean "invariably perfect."


Prime316 02-23-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

If you have never owned one of their subs, and never had any experience with their customer service, what are you doing posting in this SVS thread? confused.gif Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but SVS all things considered has one of the best customer service reputations out there, so I don't understand your devils advocate type posts unless you are just flat out bored and have nothing better to do on this fine Sunday.

I have owned (and still own) 4 SVS subs in the last almost 10 years and have had to deal with warranty issues a few times in all those years. I would put my experience with SVS customer service right at the top of all companies I have dealt with over the years (would also put one or two other companies in that same class such as Carada). The few issues I have had over the years were dealt with VERY promptly, kindly and met or exceeded my expectations. Bottom line is SVS is absolutely first rate to deal with are very deserving of their fantastic reputation. cool.gif

I am here because I am a member of these forums and can pretty much post where I please. I chose to respond to this thread because this thread was created not because the OP wanted to let everyone know about his great experience, it was created just because another thread is in existence. If the OP had a point, he could have probably put it there.

Toe 02-23-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post

I am here because I am a member of these forums and can pretty much post where I please. I chose to respond to this thread because this thread was created not because the OP wanted to let everyone know about his great experience, it was created just because another thread is in existence. If the OP had a point, he could have probably put it there.


Of course you can post where you want rolleyes.gif , I just don't get the mentality of doing so with a company/product you have never owned. Wish I had your kind of free time and I have quite a bit these days unfortunately! That other thread is ridiculous as the OP is being unreasonable to say the least. I get the motivation of starting this thread which is why as a customer of SVS and someone who HAS dealt with them in the past with warranty issues, I wanted to share my experience as that other thread is creating unfair negative exposure.

f430 02-23-2014 01:47 PM

I ordered the 12 that was on sale.
after 2 days I get an email my order was cancelled becuase I'm in Canada, I have to order from a distributor here.
So I contact them, they are sold out.
So I contact the US again, since I have an address there too, but they could not re-activate my order and I missed out.

What are you going to do? Sometimes **** happens.

Everyone I dealt with was professional and understanding, but just couldn't do anything for me so I moved on.



Life is not perfect. I still want one, but will just wait for another sale. Now I know the rules. It's all good. No harm no foul. Wife is happy I saved $700 biggrin.gif

Prime316 02-23-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f430 View Post

I ordered the 12 that was on sale.
after 2 days I get an email my order was cancelled becuase I'm in Canada, I have to order from a distributor here.
So I contact them, they are sold out.
So I contact the US again, since I have an address there too, but they could not re-activate my order and I missed out.

What are you going to do? Sometimes **** happens.

Everyone I dealt with was professional and understanding, but just couldn't do anything for me so I moved on.



Life is not perfect. I still want one, but will just wait for another sale. Now I know the rules. It's all good. No harm no foul. Wife is happy I saved $700 biggrin.gif

Yeah, great way to save $700. biggrin.gif Sometimes outside forces have to protect us from ourselves. biggrin.gif

I hope you are able to get one at some point. That's a bad feeling to get over for at least the first few days...wanting something and can't get it.

airgas1998 02-23-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack D Ripper View Post

SVS has great customer service.  They are fast to respond, and are quite helpful with reasonable requests.  And they make a great product, at a great price.  If they continue as they have, I will never recommend any other brand of subwoofer, or buy any other brand myself.  Sure, there are other good subwoofers, but you cannot go wrong with SVS.

my thoughts exactly....+1

cel4145 02-23-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post

Great job picking out a line without context and giving a response not even relevant to what's being said.

It's extremely relevant. You said you wouldn't call bear123's experience a good one. Most of us accept that shipping can cause problems subs with parts coming loose or getting broken. Bear123s experience with SVS taking care of his problem immediately is what I would call a sign of good customer service, and it's important to have. We want to know that when a sub doesn't work that the Internet direct companies take care of us, because you can't take it back to the store.

Prime316 02-23-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

It's extremely relevant. You said you wouldn't call bear123's experience a good one. Most of us accept that shipping can cause problems subs with parts coming loose or getting broken. Bear123s experience with SVS taking care of his problem immediately is what I would call a sign of good customer service, and it's important to have. We want to know that when a sub doesn't work that the Internet direct companies take care of us, because you can't take it back to the store.


Let me be clear: Me paying a grand or more for anything and it being DOA is NEVER going to end well with me. Even if you get on your private plane and fly me a new one the next day and fail to refund me half my money, it's not going to be acceptable for me. Now that you know my standards...they are MINE, no one elses'.

Whether the problem is with you the manufacturer or whomever you teamed up with to get me the item. I'm the customer. Not My Problem.

bear123 02-23-2014 03:54 PM

To assume that there is any company on earth that ever existed that has never had a defective product is being.....i am trying to think of  a polite word.....regardless...it has nothing to do with customer service.

 

On another note...thanks for keeping the thread bumped.  :)  That was my intention...to replace the misleading post.


Prime316 02-23-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

To assume that there is any company on earth that ever existed that has never had a defective product is being.....i am trying to think of  a polite word.....regardless...it has nothing to do with customer service.


You are right, no company is perfect so you have to make allowances for people who state they have had negative experiences with a company...no matter how much you love it. I don't think they're giving you any stock options, are they?

cel4145 02-23-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post

Let me be clear: Me paying a grand or more for anything and it being DOA is NEVER going to end well with me. Even if you get on your private plane and fly me a new one the next day and fail to refund me half my money, it's not going to be acceptable for me. Now that you know my standards...they are MINE, no one elses'.

Whether the problem is with you the manufacturer or whomever you teamed up with to get me the item. I'm the customer. Not My Problem.

But this is a customer service thread, and one of the primary purpose of customer service is to help the customer when/if they have problems. Given that you seem to have unrealistic expectations that there should never be a problem--that it's never acceptable, I don't know even understand why you are posting in this thread. LOL

bear123 02-23-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post


You are right, no company is perfect so you have to make allowances for people who state they have had negative experiences with a company...no matter how much you love it. I don't think they're giving you any stock options, are they?

One person having a negative experience (even though the blame is misplaced) does not mean that a company does not, in general, provide great customer service.  That is the point.  And to go onto a forum and make a scathing, credibility bashing thread title, rubs me the wrong way.


cel4145 02-23-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

To assume that there is any company on earth that ever existed that has never had a defective product is being.....i am trying to think of  a polite word.....regardless...it has nothing to do with customer service.

I chose the word "unrealistic," and I think that's a fair term. smile.gif

In thinking about this, one of the problems with Internet user ratings of Internet sellers is that they get rated five stars all the time for taking an order electronically and shipping it out on time. That's just standard customer service for Internet sellers. Great customer service can only happen when either (a) the company helps you pick out the right product or (b) how the company reacts when there is a problem.

So your original post is extremely important because of what it tells us about SVS when a problem occurs.

thebland 02-23-2014 04:14 PM

FWIW, the other 'bashing' thread is far more interesting! biggrin.gif

bear123 02-23-2014 04:16 PM

Yeah, I didn't jump on here and make a post about it when it happened, as I felt like it could be taken either way, and I felt like it was handled well.  I was a bit disappointed that it happened.  But after seeing the other post and thinking about my experience, I figured I would share it.  What impressed me was that, other than asking if I minded to check a few things(which I didn't, and found reasonable), they shipped a new amp out that same day and i had it in hand the following day.  No questions asked.  Once we saw it was not just a loose wire(which would have been a faster resolution then waiting for the new amp), it was handled courteously and professionally.  I have heard this about most of the other ID companies that everyone here knows about, including PSA, HSU, Rythmik, etc.  That is why it is so easy for them to be recommended by people here.  Good products backed by good service = happy customers.  Unsatisfied customers tend to be ten times more vocal than happy customers.  So if you have a lot of unhappy customers, people are going to hear about it.


Prime316 02-23-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

Yeah, I didn't jump on here and make a post about it when it happened, as I felt like it could be taken either way, and I felt like it was handled well.  I was a bit disappointed that it happened.  But after seeing the other post and thinking about my experience, I figured I would share it.  What impressed me was that, other than asking if I minded to check a few things(which I didn't, and found reasonable), they shipped a new amp out that same day and i had it in hand the following day.  No questions asked.  Once we saw it was not just a loose wire(which would have been a faster resolution then waiting for the new amp), it was handled courteously and professionally.  I have heard this about most of the other ID companies that everyone here knows about, including PSA, HSU, Rythmik, etc.  That is why it is so easy for them to be recommended by people here.  Good products backed by good service = happy customers.  Unsatisfied customers tend to be ten times more vocal than happy customers.  So if you have a lot of unhappy customers, people are going to hear about it.

I invite to take another look at your original post.

Honestly, just tired of seeing the misleading post about terrible customer service bumped over and over again. Until it disappears I figured I would simply get a more truthful post going along side of it.



You are saying that what you saw in the other thread is misleading...as if not true...and you are going to set the record straight and SVS is great because you personally think they are and you are telling the truth.

Why should I believe you over that other person exactly? You have some special credentials I could get a look at?

bear123 02-23-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post

Why should I believe you over that other person exactly? You have some special credentials I could get a look at?

At this point, I think you are just too irrational to reason with, as just about everyone else in this post agrees with.  But, to each his own.  You are entitled to your opinions.  Enjoy.

 

P.S.  Sorry for having angered you, it was inadvertent.



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.