dayton 1200 or nxg bas 500? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 02-25-2014, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
PS3forlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Well title says it all. I am liking to buy a budget sub. I Ann the only income in a house of three so budget and best bang for buck is of concern to me. With that in mind and a room size of roughly 13x12x7.5 what sub would you recommend? I just purchased a denon avr e300 and am using the insignia bookshelves in front currently. These will be move to the rear eventual and infinity primus flour standing will take their place. Surprisingly the insignia speakers are very clear and can get loud with no distortion. Thanks everyone.

PS3forlife is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 39 Old 02-26-2014, 11:37 AM
Member
 
paulks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I guess you already read Jim Wilson's reviews on both Dayton SUB 1200 and NX-BAS-500. Both subs are well regarded and recommended by many. You can't go wrong on either sub. Simply it is the matter of your budget. If you can spend 260, go to NX-BAS-500. If not, Dayton SUB 1200 for 150 when it comes in stock in 3/4. Or, SVS PB-1000 for 500 is the best option.

Which one is the best bang for buck (price/performance ratio)? I think Jim could answer for this because he reviewed all of them above.   

paulks is offline  
post #3 of 39 Old 02-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Member
 
Sooner Wing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sub-1200-12-120-watt-powered-subwoofer--300-629

 

$129.00 right now and there is a coupon code out there for $10 off.  Add Shipping and your in at right around $135.  I opted for this instead because I can use the other speakers upstairs with my old system.

 

http://www.parts-express.com/51-home-theater-package-12-powered-subwoofer--300-696  $Right around $205 this rout.

Sooner Wing is offline  
post #4 of 39 Old 02-26-2014, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,987
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1441
I believe Jim said the NXG is slightly better...so if you can pony up the coin for it, that is what I would do. The Sub1200 is really good for the money tho!! If you have room for duals then I would go the dual Dayton route.
basshead81 is offline  
post #5 of 39 Old 02-26-2014, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
PS3forlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I was leaning towards the nxg. I read his review off the nxg but not the Dayton. I will have to read it. I like the looks of the nxg but is it worth the extra hundred performance wise?

PS3forlife is offline  
post #6 of 39 Old 02-26-2014, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,621
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulks View Post

I guess you already read Jim Wilson's reviews on both Dayton SUB 1200 and NX-BAS-500. Both subs are well regarded and recommended by many. You can't go wrong on either sub. Simply it is the matter of your budget. If you can spend 260, go to NX-BAS-500. If not, Dayton SUB 1200 for 150 when it comes in stock in 3/4. Or, SVS PB-1000 for 500 is the best option.
Which one is the best bang for buck (price/performance ratio)? I think Jim could answer for this because he reviewed all of them above.   

Actually, you pretty said what I would have anyway... wink.gif

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is offline  
post #7 of 39 Old 02-26-2014, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
PS3forlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
That settles it. I'm going with the nxg. Jim have you ever seen the insignia speakers or heard them. I'm sure they don't compare to high end stuff but for 69 dollars they are incredible. They are very very clear but lack any bass at all. Which I'm ok with this has been a low budget build but Is turning out nice. Hoping the a.j Pioneer center will match the insignia speakers. If not I can return to best buy. Trying to decide between a htd level 2 center or the Pioneer. Pioneer its more really available so it's the first try. Eventually I will move insignias to rear and get some infinity primus up front. Thank you everyone for the opinions. Jim is the nxg worth the extra hundred?

PS3forlife is offline  
post #8 of 39 Old 02-26-2014, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
PS3forlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Actually since I'm going to go with infinity up front eventually. I will get the pc251 for my center. That way the timbre will match when I do change. I can get the pc251 for 69 dollars currently.

PS3forlife is offline  
post #9 of 39 Old 02-26-2014, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,621
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3forlife View Post

Jim is the nxg worth the extra hundred?

That depends upon what $100 means to you. I think the NXG is worth the extra money, but $100 might be less significant for me than you. I look at it this way; the extra money I spend up front will soon be a distant memory, but the enjoyment will last far longer. That's just my 02 though...

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is offline  
post #10 of 39 Old 02-26-2014, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,621
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3forlife View Post

Actually since I'm going to go with infinity up front eventually. I will get the pc251 for my center. That way the timbre will match when I do change. I can get the pc251 for 69 dollars currently.

Wise choice. You'll never regret having a matching front stage.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is offline  
post #11 of 39 Old 07-29-2014, 11:03 PM
Member
 
curtissp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3forlife View Post
Well title says it all. I am liking to buy a budget sub. I Ann the only income in a house of three so budget and best bang for buck is of concern to me. With that in mind and a room size of roughly 13x12x7.5 what sub would you recommend? I just purchased a denon avr e300 and am using the insignia bookshelves in front currently. These will be move to the rear eventual and infinity primus flour standing will take their place. Surprisingly the insignia speakers are very clear and can get loud with no distortion. Thanks everyone.

I'd probably go with the Dayton until NXG fixes that burning port problem that a lot of people been having.
And also when NXG gets a real 1800 number. They supposedly been around for 10 years yet have no 1800 number seems pretty fishy!
curtissp is offline  
post #12 of 39 Old 07-29-2014, 11:17 PM
Newbie
 
dmaly88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
2 Dayton 1200 or 1 NGX BAS 500 for this size room? Sorry don't have dimensions of room but here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	basement.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	187218  
dmaly88 is offline  
post #13 of 39 Old 07-29-2014, 11:33 PM
Member
 
curtissp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaly88 View Post
2 Dayton 1200 or 1 NGX BAS 500 for this size room? Sorry don't have dimensions of room but here is a pic

Adding two subs is not always the best solution, cause if you don't find a sweet spot for both of them in your room they'll be fighting with each other on latency issues.
For that room I'd say the Dayton Sub 1500

I've owned the Bas the sub does move at 18hz but it's pretty quiet.
No way is it 500 watts like they say it or at least the amp powering it isn't.
I decided to return it, due to bad sound it made after this burning smell occurred within just a month.
I'd probably go with Dayton, there is a reason why so many recommend these certain subs on this site SVS,HSU,Dayton cause frankly they're bad ass.
curtissp is offline  
post #14 of 39 Old 07-29-2014, 11:40 PM
Newbie
 
dmaly88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So just 1 Dayton 1500 over 2 Dayton 1200's would be best for my arrangement?
dmaly88 is offline  
post #15 of 39 Old 07-30-2014, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,621
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtissp View Post
I'd probably go with the Dayton until NXG fixes that burning port problem that a lot of people been having.
What is this burning smell that supposedly 'a lot' of people are having? And how many people constitute a lot? This is the second reference to it that alleges there's a large problem, yet those are the only two posts I've seen which mention it at all. Do you have any links for other posts with users experiencing the same thing? I'm curious so see what's going on.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is offline  
post #16 of 39 Old 07-30-2014, 08:06 AM
Member
 
curtissp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
What is this burning smell that supposedly 'a lot' of people are having? And how many people constitute a lot? This is the second reference to it that alleges there's a large problem, yet those are the only two posts I've seen which mention it at all. Do you have any links for other posts with users experiencing the same thing? I'm curious so see what's going on.
yes 1 15 over 2 12.s. Unlessss you can find a sweet spot where the two 12's aren't fighting each other in the room and canceling each other out.(Usually people stack them on top of each other to prevent the canceling out from happening.) Which I think looks ridiculous.

Just check Amazon on the burning smell.
there is 3 people on there talking about it.
Some on RadioShack talking about.
It's a burning smell like something is on fire.
And soon as it happens the sub sounds really horrid on some frequency's.
It's definitely a manufacture defect.

I been emailing NXG for almost 3 weeks no and no response back they know it's a defect they aren't taking responsibility for it.

Last edited by curtissp; 07-30-2014 at 08:14 AM.
curtissp is offline  
post #17 of 39 Old 07-30-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,621
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtissp View Post
Just check Amazon on the burning smell.
there is 3 people on there talking about it.
Some on RadioShack talking about.
It's a burning smell like something is on fire.
And soon as it happens the sub sounds really horrid on some frequency's.
It's definitely a manufacture defect.

I been emailing NXG for almost 3 weeks no and no response back they know it's a defect they aren't taking responsibility for it.
If they aren't answering your emails how do you know they think there's a manufacturing defect and aren't taking responsibility for it? This appears more like a smear campaign at this point.

On radioshack.com there are 4 reviews posted, none of which contain the word 'burn' or 'smell' in them. On Amazon there are 34 reviews, 2 of which have the word 'burn'. The second of them says this though... "One other person had mentioned a burning smell coming out of the port and I did experience this as well. I moved the sub and did a little research and found it to be a ground issue with my outlets, not the sub itself. I have not had the issue again". That effectively makes it a single reference, which may have been a DOA.

If you didn't like the sub that's fine, just say it. But this nonsense is out of line.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is offline  
post #18 of 39 Old 07-30-2014, 08:45 AM
Member
 
curtissp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
If they aren't answering your emails how do you know they think there's a manufacturing defect and aren't taking responsibility for it? This appears more like a smear campaign at this point.

On radioshack.com there are 4 reviews posted, none of which contain the word 'burn' or 'smell' in them. On Amazon there are 34 reviews, 2 of which have the word 'burn'. The second of them says this though... "One other person had mentioned a burning smell coming out of the port and I did experience this as well. I moved the sub and did a little research and found it to be a ground issue with my outlets, not the sub itself. I have not had the issue again". That effectively makes it a single reference, which may have been a DOA.

If you didn't like the sub that's fine, just say it. But this nonsense is out of line.
Nope loved the sub sounded great till the burning smell.
Could easily tell the difference in sound after it happened.
Was a rumbling sound.
A Doa doesn't sound perfect for 23 days then go bad!
There was 12 reviews on the sub last week RadioShack is deleting them!

Don't believe go right ahead and buy it.. Get stuck with a paper weight.. I've sent over 4 emails no response from them over it.
curtissp is offline  
post #19 of 39 Old 07-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 991
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 325
^^ No matter the company, failures are bound to happen. And yes, it's frustrating to buy something and have it go bad. More people will get on line and post a bad review than they will a good review. It's human nature to get frustration off one's chest. But for the number of reviews (not a large sampling), three bad reviews don't sound particularly high. Matter-of-fact, I find it rather low. Take a look at any Amazon review on any product. No matter how many love a product, there will be some that hate it, and vice-versa.

However, that being said, what troubles me is the inability to contact them and get a response. That is far more troubling than a few bad amps. Do they not have a telephone number to contact?
dsrussell is online now  
post #20 of 39 Old 07-30-2014, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,621
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtissp View Post
There was 12 reviews on the sub last week RadioShack is deleting them!
If that's actually true then Radio Shack should be taken to task. Those are supposed to be open formats, so any type of censorship is BS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by curtissp View Post
Don't believe go right ahead and buy it.. Get stuck with a paper weight.. I've sent over 4 emails no response from them over it.
Dozens and dozens of people from this forum alone have bought those subs and use them every day, so the 'paper weight' analogy is quite the exaggeration. Difficulty getting replies from their support has been mentioned before though, so it seems NXG does have a problem there.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is offline  
post #21 of 39 Old 07-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Senior Member
 
89grand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtissp View Post
yes 1 15 over 2 12.s. Unlessss you can find a sweet spot where the two 12's aren't fighting each other in the room and canceling each other out.(Usually people stack them on top of each other to prevent the canceling out from happening.) Which I think looks ridiculous.

......
I disagree with this. Two or more subs are always better than one. I'd take two 12" subs over any single 15" sub. I don't agree most people stack them either, at least not anyone that actually understands the benefits of multiple subs. You want them in different locations to get the maximum benefit. Subs have phase controls, so it is important to have each one set correctly to avoid any cancellation issues, and with two it is fairly easy, with 3 or more I gets more difficult, but still doable even by ear. I used a measurement mic to get all three of mine in phase at the listening position.

When I measured each of my subs individually, the response was easily worse than all three combined and that was before running REW and eq'ing via a Minidsp, of course it got light years better still after using REW. I saw no cancellation at any frequency with all three playing, vs just one, but I had some largeer dips reduced when all three are playing.

I think it's better to give advice after having direct experience, rather than by either hear say or just guessing.
basshead81 likes this.

Last edited by 89grand; 07-30-2014 at 11:44 AM.
89grand is online now  
post #22 of 39 Old 07-30-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,621
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
I disagree with this. Two or more subs are always better than one. I'd take two 12" subs over any single 15" sub. I don't agree most people stack them either, at least not anyone that actually understands the benefits of multiple subs. You want them in different locations to get the maximum benefit. Subs have phase controls, so it is important to have each one set correctly to avoid any cancellation issues, and with two it is fairly easy, with 3 or more I gets more difficult, but still doable even by ear. I used a measurement mic to get all three of mine in phase at the listening position.
Actually, he has a valid point - you can potentially locate duals in a way that makes room modes even worse.

If you don't have the placement latitude such that you're able to position them in the proper locations then it may be better to have one larger sub then two smaller ones. Generally speaking total output favors the latter configuration, but extension will be greater with the former.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is offline  
post #23 of 39 Old 07-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Senior Member
 
89grand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Actually, he has a valid point - you can potentially locate duals in a way that makes room modes even worse.

If you don't have the placement latitude such that you're able to position them in the proper locations then it may be better to have one larger sub then two smaller ones. Generally speaking total output favors the latter configuration, but extension will be greater with the former.
I've used two or more subs in 3 different settings and I always had better, smoother response than with a single sub which I've never been able to dial in very well in any system, but I guess it is possible to have some particular placement that could actually result in worse response with two subs over a single. I'd think that maybe it was a phase issue between the two though if it actually made the response worse.

I will say too, that without a way to actually measure the rooms response, any positioning and phase adjustments are mostly a crap shoot as it's very hard to detect where frequency dips and peaks exist. I was shocked at just how bad my rooms acoustics were when I finally got the tools to measure it. I was also able to determine that one of the subs phase needed to be reversed. I thought I had them correct when tuning by ear, but one wasn't.

I know this is a different topic, but being able to take frequency measurements makes all the difference in the world.
89grand is online now  
post #24 of 39 Old 07-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Newbie
 
dmaly88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I went ahead and ordered the 2 sub 1200s for 240 bucks you can't go wrong
dmaly88 is offline  
post #25 of 39 Old 07-30-2014, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,621
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
I know this is a different topic, but being able to take frequency measurements makes all the difference in the world.
You're point is actually quite relevent, because it's 100% true. You can not fix a problem you don't know exists. Dual subs may indeed be the answer for some, but if you can't see why they might be the better option then you'll never know if it actually is.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is offline  
post #26 of 39 Old 07-30-2014, 07:39 PM
Senior Member
 
89grand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
You're point is actually quite relevent, because it's 100% true. You can not fix a problem you don't know exists. Dual subs may indeed be the answer for some, but if you can't see why they might be the better option then you'll never know if it actually is.
I couldn't agree more. I see so many posts like "Which sub should I get", and numerous responses for different models of subs, most costing several times over what my measurement mic and Minidsp cost. I paid roughly $200 for the Minidsp, advanced 2 way crossover plugin, Umik-1 microphone and the wonderful, and free REW software, and since owning it, it's way more valuable than any one single sub. It transformed by bass response (in fact the system as a whole) into a different league all together, so much more accurate and smoother, and I even use mediocre subwoofers.

Anyone serious about good bass response owes it to themselves to at least invest that $200. It will make a bigger difference than any one subwoofer will. Granted, it won't make a sub with limited low end response have it, but what it/they do have will be probably the best they've ever heard.
89grand is online now  
post #27 of 39 Old 07-31-2014, 09:52 AM
Newbie
 
dmaly88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'll look into it thanks
dmaly88 is offline  
post #28 of 39 Old 07-31-2014, 10:37 AM
Member
 
curtissp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
I disagree with this. Two or more subs are always better than one. I'd take two 12" subs over any single 15" sub. I don't agree most people stack them either, at least not anyone that actually understands the benefits of multiple subs. You want them in different locations to get the maximum benefit. Subs have phase controls, so it is important to have each one set correctly to avoid any cancellation issues, and with two it is fairly easy, with 3 or more I gets more difficult, but still doable even by ear. I used a measurement mic to get all three of mine in phase at the listening position.

When I measured each of my subs individually, the response was easily worse than all three combined and that was before running REW and eq'ing via a Minidsp, of course it got light years better still after using REW. I saw no cancellation at any frequency with all three playing, vs just one, but I had some largeer dips reduced when all three are playing.

I think it's better to give advice after having direct experience, rather than by either hear say or just guessing.
I get my advice from SVS a company that builds some of the best subs in the world where do you get your advice?
And some of the techs at Parts Express... If they're all telling me the same thing.. Then what I say is probably right.

Last edited by curtissp; 07-31-2014 at 10:41 AM.
curtissp is offline  
post #29 of 39 Old 07-31-2014, 11:06 AM
Senior Member
 
89grand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtissp View Post
I get my advice from SVS a company that builds some of the best subs in the world where do you get your advice?
And some of the techs at Parts Express... If they're all telling me the same thing.. Then what I say is probably right.
See, you're missing the whole point here and I thought it was pretty clear where my advice was coming from. The advice I've given comes from my own direct experience, not what others tell me. I'll take my own measurements and experience over what a sub company might tell me. I've used one, two and three subs in the same system. I've also done fairly extensive in room measurements of how one, two and three subs behave in the room. If you're saying what someone told you, trumps my actual experience and measurements, then so be it.
89grand is online now  
post #30 of 39 Old 07-31-2014, 11:13 AM
Member
 
curtissp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
See, you're missing the whole point here and I thought it was pretty clear where my advice was coming from. The advice I've given comes from my own direct experience, not what others tell me. I'll take my own measurements and experience over what a sub company might tell me. I've used one, two and three subs in the same system. I've also done fairly extensive in room measurements of how one, two and three subs behave in the room. If you're saying what someone told you, trumps my actual experience and measurements, then so be it.

It's all about positioning and tuning my friend.

If you can get two 12's in a bigger open position where they don't cancel themselves out.
Of course two is better than one.
But judging by the space he is working with 1 15 would be better.
curtissp is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Denon Avr E300
Gear in this thread - E300 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off