AVS Forum banner
2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  basshead81 
#1 ·

Hey everyone, I am deciding between the F12 or the PSW505. The subwoofer would only be used for music. Electronic dance music will mainly be played and I want a sub that can be fratproofed. Please let me know asap! I need this subwoofer by Friday and amazon prime is my only friend.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevstur  /t/1521066/f12-or-psw505-for-frat-parties#post_24441255

Hey everyone, I am deciding between the F12 or the PSW505. The subwoofer would only be used for music. Electronic dance music will mainly be played and I want a sub that can be fratproofed. Please let me know asap! I need this subwoofer by Friday and amazon prime is my only friend.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81  /t/1521066/f12-or-psw505-for-frat-parties#post_24441751

Dayton Sub1500...179.00

I might have to agree with this one. I have personally seen a Dayton Sub-1000 pushed pretty hard with hip-hop/dance music for about 5 or 6 hours at a party. The sub was a gift from me and her daughter was not shy with the volume on the sound bar it was connected to. I was surprised that the plate amp was never more than warn to the touch. Of course it was me who setup everything including the sub gain and cross over using my trusty SPL meter.

I suspect the Sub-1500 to perform similarly

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesando  /t/1521066/f12-or-psw505-for-frat-parties#post_24442495

I might have to agree with this one. I have personally seen a Dayton Sub-1000 pushed pretty hard with hip-hop/dance music for about 5 or 6 hours at a party. The sub was a gift from me and her daughter was not shy with the volume on the sound bar it was connected to. I was surprised that the plate amp was never more than warn to the touch. Of course it was me who setup everything including the sub gain and cross over using my trusty SPL meter.

I suspect the Sub-1500 to perform similarly

However, the OP was determined to order now from Amazon prime so he could have the sub by Friday. Doubtful parts express would make that deadline unless the OP is in OH.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1521066/f12-or-psw505-for-frat-parties/0_50#post_24442630

However, the OP was determined to order now from Amazon prime so he could have the sub by Friday. Doubtful parts express would make that deadline unless the OP is in OH.

Let's review, we have a fratboy who needs a big-arsed sub for the Big Party on Friday, and he's waited until WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON to order one. Hmmm, that could mean only one thing;

Mid-terms are on Monday!

+++

It's shame that no other other frat houses on campus have a sub he could borrow...

#10 ·
Doesn't guitar center rent speakers? I would think a pro-audio sub would be more appropriate here.

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon  /t/1521066/f12-or-psw505-for-frat-parties#post_24443114

Doesn't guitar center rent speakers? I would think a pro-audio sub would be more appropriate here.

I agree.

And then save up for one if there will be frequent parties.

#12 ·
#13 ·
#15 ·

ok so i got the f12 through amazon. estimated time of arrival is march 7 and it better be so haha.

just to clarify, this is for my room, which has a stage, bar, and dj stand. what are some pointers to keep this sub lasting a while, while still shaking my dance floor? any subwoofer tips would help.

ps- there are 23 rooms in my fraternity house. our chapter room has its own high powered system, while every individual room has their own as well. im currently using audioengine p4's and bose 201's. hopefully that and the f12 could rattle. 

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevstur  /t/1521066/f12-or-psw505-for-frat-parties#post_24443347

it's true though! my last one blew out and then everyone left
No offense, but if your last one blew, it probably sounded like complete horse dung for quite a while before blowing. Fortunately, when one involves excessive drinking with sound, the ears seem to desensitize to things that sound horrible.... I should know, it's how I've blown most my speakers, too -- though, usually I blow tweeters, and hopefully will never have that problem again with my recent upgrades.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1521066/f12-or-psw505-for-frat-parties#post_24443301

It's passive. They would need to spend some more on an amp.

Oh yes you are right, doesn't matter now, OP went with the F-12.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevstur  /t/1521066/f12-or-psw505-for-frat-parties#post_24443341

ok so i got the f12 through amazon. estimated time of arrival is march 7 and it better be so haha.

just to clarify, this is for my room, which has a stage, bar, and dj stand. what are some pointers to keep this sub lasting a while, while still shaking my dance floor? any subwoofer tips would help.

ps- there are 23 rooms in my fraternity house. our chapter room has its own high powered system, while every individual room has their own as well. im currently using audioengine p4's and bose 201's. hopefully that and the f12 could rattle. 

I wouldn't put it out in the open. Putting it in the corner will give you a bit more output, but can makes things boomy (probably fine for your needs). Put it behind something, and maybe put a towel on the top in case someone spills something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.