Sub Upgrade Curiosity - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 152 Old 05-12-2014, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 146
The Mini DSP or in my case, the Berhinger I Nuke DSP amps have 6-8 filter that can tailor the gain or attenuation for each filter. Sometimes raising the low end may eat up less headroom than dragging everything down to match it. The Mini DSP is worth the money in your case. It can be used in conjunction with MCACC, or Auddysee.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 152 Old 05-12-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijotter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post

EQ can also be used to raise the low end of a sealed sub to compensate for the natural roll-off.

Really? With a UMIK and REW or something like a minidsp?

You actually want all three. wink.gif

The MiniDSP is great, but without the ability to measure your room (REW + mic) it's pretty useless.

AVR:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FL/R:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CC:

SUR:
SUB:
DISP:
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page