No sound from subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-06-2014, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello. My subwoofer has a red and white option for rca leads. However my amp doesn't, the only options are multi channel or pre out, both with only one socket. I have used the test tone and it appears to be working, but when I am watching something there is no sound. When I had my previous amp, I was always been told to turn it down or off as the bass was too powerful. Now unfortunately I don't have that problem. Can somebody tell me how to fix this problem. thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-06-2014, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 476
What is the make & model of your amp/receiver and of your sub? If the sub works when you run a test tone but doesn't when you're playing regular audio, it's possible that your speakers are set to "large" and the sub is being bypassed.

You may need to go into your amp/receiver's speaker set-up menu and set the speakers to "small" (which should result in the amp/receiver directing lower frequencies to the sub).
post #3 of 4 Old 05-06-2014, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

ELJAYCANUCK. thanks for your reply and advice, in between my post and your reply, I decided to have one last go at it, and it is now working. I did what you said and changed the setting size of speakers, I also had lead into multi channel output on amp. I now have it connected to the pre-out socket and it's working fine. thanks once again.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-06-2014, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 476
You're not the first person to connect a sub to his receiver's input instead of output... smile.gif

Happy to hear that you figured it out, and that changing the speaker settings helped resolve the problem. cool.gif
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page