Problem with my Velodyne DD15plus - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-11-2014, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello all,

I'm facing to some issue with my subwoofer, that's why I'm writing you today. It is a velodyne DD15plus (1st hand) that I bought at the end of the year 2011. The problem is the following :

The sub does not want to light on anymore. Before this major bug, I've been faced to some other bugs which were all similar (they do not happen not each time but quite regularly) : when lighting on the sub with the rear switch, the front light kept blocked on the default preset (P4 in my case) and remains frozen in this state (without any sound from the sub). To solve this, I had to light off the sub (still with the rear switch), then wait few seconds and then, light it on again. In that case, the sub passes from preset indication (P4) to the volume setting (07) and then produce the bass.

My question is the following : have you been faced to similar issue with the ddPLUS serie from Velodyne ? If so, what was the problem ? How I can handle it ? Do I need to resend to sub to my local dealer to have it repaired ?

Many thanks in advance,

With my best regards,

Flo, from France

P.S. : the sub is used for 80% Hifi and 20% Home Cinema. It was NEVER drived hard.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-11-2014, 11:54 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo from France View Post

Hello all,

I'm facing to some issue with my subwoofer, that's why I'm writing you today. It is a velodyne DD15plus (1st hand) that I bought at the end of the year 2011. The problem is the following :

The sub does not want to light on anymore. Before this major bug, I've been faced to some other bugs which were all similar (they do not happen not each time but quite regularly) : when lighting on the sub with the rear switch, the front light kept blocked on the default preset (P4 in my case) and remains frozen in this state (without any sound from the sub). To solve this, I had to light off the sub (still with the rear switch), then wait few seconds and then, light it on again. In that case, the sub passes from preset indication (P4) to the volume setting (07) and then produce the bass.

My question is the following : have you been faced to similar issue with the ddPLUS serie from Velodyne ? If so, what was the problem ? How I can handle it ? Do I need to resend to sub to my local dealer to have it repaired ?

Many thanks in advance,

With my best regards,

Flo, from France

P.S. : the sub is used for 80% Hifi and 20% Home Cinema. It was NEVER drived hard.

Assuming you have checked the obvious, making sure the plug is secure, making sure the plug is working, trying the sub on another outlet I would guess that there is something wrong with the amp.  Do you still have a warranty on it?  If so I would take advantage of that, if not you may want to see if you can get it repaired by Velodyne if they won't maybe there is some other place you can take it to get it repaired.

post #3 of 3 Old 05-11-2014, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10

Hello Subfanatic,

Thanks for your feedback : I've already checked all the points that you've mentioned and the problem is still there... It looks like an amp bug indeed.. but just want to know if it is a well known bug or just a new one  ;-)

Anyway, since the sub is guaranteed, I'll see with my local dealer to make it repaired. Again, thanks for your feedback !

Flo

P.S. : I've copy/pasted this thread in the official velodyne support thread. If a staff member could delete this one or transfer it in the right part of the forum, it would be great

Regards,

Flo

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page