Hum/Buzz in Pinnacle Subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-14-2014, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello All,

I recently (about 3 weeks ago) purchased a Pinnacle Powered Subwoofer (Digital Sub200) and realized last night that its seems to be making humming/buzzing noises.  Every 30 seconds to a minute, it will make a rather low pitch buzz/hum that lasts about a second or two.  I have removed my RCA input to the subwoofer and have it just plugged into the wall outlet, and it still emits the same noise.  I have tried moving the power plug to another outlet, while it seemed to be a bit lower in pitch (in other words not as noticeable or obvious) but still makes the same noise.  Any thoughts as to what the issue might be?  Is it something with the subwoofer itself or could it be noise in the electrical system of my house causing the aforementioned issue?

Any input would be great.

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-14-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Any chance something with a big power draw on the same circuit is kicking on/off every 30-60 seconds? A sump pump during a hard rain for example?

If not, could be a faulty amp.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #3 of 4 Old 05-14-2014, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Tom,

There shouldn't be anything running that frequently.  The room that the sub is in, is directly above the electrical panel.  Additionally its in a room with a fair amount of bluetooth enabled devices and computers.  I don't suspect that would be a problem, but worth mentioning.

Thanks

Chris

post #4 of 4 Old 05-14-2014, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealtharsenal View Post

Tom,

There shouldn't be anything running that frequently.  The room that the sub is in, is directly above the electrical panel.  Additionally its in a room with a fair amount of bluetooth enabled devices and computers.  I don't suspect that would be a problem, but worth mentioning.

Thanks
Chris

Since the problem occurs with no cable connected I wouldn't expect it to be interference related. Since you have only had it 3 weeks would you be able to get the retailer to send you a new amp to pop in?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page