Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Nads View Post
After reading this FAQ:
http://www.bassshakers.com/bass-shak...ark-synthesis/

My heart is even more inclined to go with the Clarks rather then the ButtKickers as my second choice! Says they are Tactile Transducers rather then just "shakers" that the buttkickers are known as!

What really got my attention though was this line:
Say for example you're watching a scary movie, and a door is slowly creaking closed, and then slams shut with a bang. The Clark transducers will let you feel the high-pitched creak as well as the bang.
Really???

Let's examine this quote in greater detail because it is critical to how you will enjoy your tactile transducers.

How do you sense/experience IN REAL LIFE a slowly creaking door that is slammed shut... Do you "feel" anything when the door is slowly creaking closed? NO! You "hear" it as a very directional point source of sound, but you don't actually *feel* anything. It's not until the door hits the door frame and THUDS to a close that you actually *feel* the force of the door closing.

The slow creaking of the door is midrange and higher frequency content. The THUD of the door closing is much, much lower in frequency. So why would you want transducers that make you "feel" the creaking of the door? That would be completely unnatural. You don't "feel" that in real life. IMO, you only want transducers that make you *feel* the end-point SLAMMING of the door, which is much more realistic, and would portray much more accurately what you would experience in real like.

A number of "transducers" that can't do the infrasonics will portray their ability to do mid and hi frequencies as a "strength." Don't be fooled by marketing... there is no "Tactile Response" at mid and high frequencies IN REAL LIFE! You NEVER experience the sensation of shaking or vibration at frequencies above 80 Hz. If you examine your real life environment, you'll agree that this is true. In fact, real "TACTILE" response doesn't begin until 40 Hz and below.

Quote:
Thats exactly what i want to feel, the creek and the bang! Especially since i watch a lot of horror movies as well. Maybe it is worth me sacrificing the 5hz BT's for this and going with the 15hz clarks?
If that's what you "want" to feel, then something like the Clark Synthesis may be right for you. However, if you want to reproduce a natural effect that correlates with what you actually *feel* in nature, then a transducer that is cutoff above about 40 Hz, but can also reproduce down to 20 Hz and BELOW, will be a much better choice.

Quote:
Also on that page it says that the clark tactile transducers have a speaker on them and produce sound as well?! what does this mean? What kind of sound will be produced from these when they are within my sofa?
A "speaker"??? Who would want THAT from their tactile transducer? A transducer should only reproduce sensations you can *feel*, not sensations you can *hear!* This is a byproduct of the Clark transducer's output at mid- and high- frequencies, and its' inherent inability at very low frequencies. They try to use it as a marketing tool, and portray it as a "strength." I, (personally), don't want my transducers getting anywhere close to frequencies that can be "heard" instead of "felt!"

Quote:
One important question i have though is, the Crowsons are my first choice! Will they be able to provide this also? Can they also do the creek and not just the bang?
The Crowson's can do whatever you ask of them. The key is what "Low Pass Filter" you apply. If you set an LPF of 200 Hz, they'll vibrate on any content up to 200 Hz. However, that won't be a "natural" effect. You'll feel a bunch of vibration that you would NEVER feel in real life. If that's what you're after, then the Crowson's, or the Aura's, or even the Buttkickers can do that.

OTOH, if you want to limit the tactile effects to only those you would actually experience in real life, then something like the Crowson's with a 40 Hz LPF would be a much better investment.

Craig
Killer_Nads likes this.

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 91 Old 07-06-2014, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

The Crowson's can do whatever you ask of them. The key is what "Low Pass Filter" you apply. If you set an LPF of 200 Hz, they'll vibrate on any content up to 200 Hz. However, that won't be a "natural" effect. You'll feel a bunch of vibration that you would NEVER feel in real life. If that's what you're after, then the Crowson's, or the Aura's, or even the Buttkickers can do that.

Craig

This ^ is exactly right, if you want to feel that creak you sure can with the Crowsons, they will give you feel much higher than 80hz if you want it. Like Craig said, you can set your low pass filter where ever you want - it's really up to your preference but rest assured you won't be missing out on any high "fake" stuff compared to the Clarks. What you will miss with the Clarks is much of anything below 20hz.
post #33 of 91 Old 07-06-2014, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Thanks guys for the answers but that still leads me back to the original question! I have already selected crowsons as my first choice, im deciding on my second choice incase i cant get the crowsons to uk. Haven't heard anything back still from randall either which is a tad disappointing!!

Can you also tell me then is a bumpy ride in a movie say like a jeep safari, will those bumps be of a lower frquency then 40hz? Im guessing that anything at 40hz will be a very minute sensation, such as a shudder or very very small vibration? And anything at 5hz will be a crazy vibration such as a atom bomb or a godzilla roar!

See when I'm playing say a racing game, i want to also feel the engine revving just like you would in real life while sitting in the car driving it. Will these count as low frequency hits? or only be able to be felt in frequencies above 40Hz?

Thanks

Last edited by Killer_Nads; 07-07-2014 at 02:22 AM.
post #34 of 91 Old 07-07-2014, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Sounds like your best bet would be the Buttkickers, honestly. Although I am biased, they are spec'ed down to 5Hz vs the Clark's 15. I think multiple people have tried to explain the experience, but unless and until you have it properly installed in your system, you can't know if you'll like it or not. I love my BK's and would only upgrade to the Crowsons if they were currently in my budget. Also, you will get much better performance if your subwoofers are capable, also.
post #35 of 91 Old 07-08-2014, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks guys for the answers but that still leads me back to the original question! I have already selected crowsons as my first choice, im deciding on my second choice incase i cant get the crowsons to uk. Haven't heard anything back still from randall either which is a tad disappointing!!

Can you also tell me then is a bumpy ride in a movie say like a jeep safari, will those bumps be of a lower frquency then 40hz? Im guessing that anything at 40hz will be a very minute sensation, such as a shudder or very very small vibration? And anything at 5hz will be a crazy vibration such as a atom bomb or a godzilla roar!

See when I'm playing say a racing game, i want to also feel the engine revving just like you would in real life while sitting in the car driving it. Will these count as low frequency hits? or only be able to be felt in frequencies above 40Hz?

Thanks
Hi guys,

any response to the above please?

Also i just received the quote from Randall, unfortunately the price is through the roof! Im still working out if i can budget enough to afford it! However, the things that make it unaffordable at the moment are delivery charge of around $250, plus he said they are not allowed to reduce the parcel invoice value on the front to aid in reducing customs!

At the moment i have worked out the customs and total cost of full package comes to just under £2000, which is a huge amount! Considering that i could get the Clarks with installation at £1300 and the ButtKickers at even less than that!

Whats your views on this guys?

I need to make an immediate decision so that i can receive it all in time, I'm wondering if the £700+ is worth it or not to get the crowsons over the clarks just to go down from 15hz to 5hz!! Seems like a lot for a small feature no?
post #36 of 91 Old 07-08-2014, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

One other question i had, how can i get the AVS power buy discount? Do i just ask him for it or have to be a special member of something?
post #37 of 91 Old 07-08-2014, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've also seen your thread on the AV forum.

I'm in the UK too and was I the same position as you deciding which to buy. I am not against buying things from abroad but at the back of my mind is always the question of 'What if it goes wrong?" What are the consumer laws in that country, how much hassle would it be to get it repaired, high postal charges in two directions and what about persuading customs not to charge duty again in two countries both ways.

I decided to see what was freely available in the UK and who from. As they say 'All roads lead to Rome' and in this case 'All roads led to The Shaker Centre.' I ended up buying the Buttkicker LFE as they have a good reputation for customer service. I chose the Buttkicker kit mainly because it was popular, installed in cinemas and had just been installed in the Concorde simulator, (which I assume is Concorde as in supersonic airliner and not something else). I've never experienced any other brand so cannot give an opinion.
post #38 of 91 Old 07-08-2014, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Hi guys,

any response to the above please?

Also i just received the quote from Randall, unfortunately the price is through the roof! Im still working out if i can budget enough to afford it! However, the things that make it unaffordable at the moment are delivery charge of around $250, plus he said they are not allowed to reduce the parcel invoice value on the front to aid in reducing customs!

At the moment i have worked out the customs and total cost of full package comes to just under £2000, which is a huge amount! Considering that i could get the Clarks with installation at £1300 and the ButtKickers at even less than that!

Whats your views on this guys?

I need to make an immediate decision so that i can receive it all in time, I'm wondering if the £700+ is worth it or not to get the crowsons over the clarks just to go down from 15hz to 5hz!! Seems like a lot for a small feature no?
With regard to the difference between frequencies, I can only speak for the BK and the Crowsons because they play lower than the Clarks--the frequency of the effect doesn't totally determine how it feels. If the effect that would be played through your sub is subtle, then the BK effect will be suble (if set up correctly). If the effect is loud and shakes your body through a sub, the effect will mirror that on the BK.

I think we've answered your questions as well as can be expected, honestly. You just have to make a decision, at this point. Only you can determine what you deem the best value.
post #39 of 91 Old 07-08-2014, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolus View Post

I'm in the UK too and was I the same position as you deciding which to buy. I am not against buying things from abroad but at the back of my mind is always the question of 'What if it goes wrong?" What are the consumer laws in that country, how much hassle would it be to get it repaired, high postal charges in two directions and what about persuading customs not to charge duty again in two countries both ways.

I decided to see what was freely available in the UK and who from. As they say 'All roads lead to Rome' and in this case 'All roads led to The Shaker Centre.' I ended up buying the Buttkicker LFE as they have a good reputation for customer service. I chose the Buttkicker kit mainly because it was popular, installed in cinemas and had just been installed in the Concorde simulator, (which I assume is Concorde as in supersonic airliner and not something else). I've never experienced any other brand so cannot give an opinion.
Hahaha its funny you should say that cause just an hour ago i fired of an email with the same questions to crowsons about warranty and repair etc...

Yes I've also been in conversation with the The Shaker Centre (they are great at answering questions there), they only do the Buttkickers and the eatherquakes. Along with this, the only other popular ones available in the UK are the Clarks!

Im honestly, thinking of dropping the purchase of the crowsons now - it could prove to be too much hassle as it has already proven just to communicate with Randall. Cause of time differences i don't blame him but it is an inconvenience especially when I'm trying to get something as quickly as possible!

As for my other option, I'm still double minded about the ButtKicker LFE, they seem to take up way too much power to get the same vibration as the others can get using up much less power! Also i don't like the idea of buttkickers suddenly come on and then go off, they seem to operate in a on off type pattern, where as the clarks are always ready to rumble! To me Clarks sound like they would be more in sync with the onscreen action! However, i could be totally wrong.

All said and done, when i spoke with the Shaker Centre one other problem was that i needed 3 transducers with the one amp, he suggested that the buttkicker amp would only give enough power for two transducers to operate at full potential. So that combo doesn't really work for me either
post #40 of 91 Old 07-08-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
As for my other option, I'm still double minded about the ButtKicker LFE, they seem to take up way too much power to get the same vibration as the others can get using up much less power! Also i don't like the idea of buttkickers suddenly come on and then go off, they seem to operate in a on off type pattern, where as the clarks are always ready to rumble! To me Clarks sound like they would be more in sync with the onscreen action! However, i could be totally wrong.

All said and done, when i spoke with the Shaker Centre one other problem was that i needed 3 transducers with the one amp, he suggested that the buttkicker amp would only give enough power for two transducers to operate at full potential. So that combo doesn't really work for me either
I don't know if the Buttkickers require more power than other transducers but the LFE kit comes with a 1000 watt amp (into 4ohm) BKA1000. You can attach up to four Buttkickers, but I did read somewhere that because of the wiring arrangement connecting three was the worst option so The Shaker Centre are right in that respect.

I not sure why you think the Buttkickers suddenly come on then go off. It is the BKA1000 amp that goes into standby mode when there is no LFE signal. When watching a source with an LFE channel the amp switches out of standby and then remains on.
Quote:
Not trying to spend your money or steer you to the Buttkickers but as wth718 said the decision is finally yours You could buy two LFE kits at £525 each plus another Buttkicker LFE £250 for a total of £1300 or do it in stages and just buy one kit to see how it goes. Connect it to the sofa and then determine if you need another. If not then just buy another Buttkicker to attach to the other sofa, total £775. (I only have one attached to my sofa and that is enough to surprise the unsuspecting. It even surprises me if I am not expecting it.)

But and it's a big BUT the Shaker Centre are out of stock of the LFE kit as they were last December when I wanted to buy one Doh!
post #41 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

OK I've spoken to Randolph about this, he said warranty won't be a problem as they would use a UK repairer if something went wrong. The option (hopefully final) that I've now come to is to just order the 4 transducers from crowsons, and buy my amp from UK.

This way i can avoid high delivery charges and also make the actuators DUTY FREE as only amplifier is charged at 4.5%.

Now this where i need the most help, please could you guys recommend me a amp that would work comfortably with the 4 crowson transducers? obviously I'm not looking at going crazy with the price cause that would defeat the purpose of not ordering the crowsons one. Im looking for around £350 max.

I have already asked Randolph about these:

Crowns XLS (he said it has a fan, also will require a preamp to boost the LFE signal).

iNuke NU4-6000.
He said I do not believe the amplifier you selected will be good for the following reasons:
1. The built in low pass filter is not adjustable
2. The amplifier has two fans
3. It requires a preamp to boost the signal (input sensitivity is too low)
4. Power is too much. Maximum of 500W rms for the Crowson actuators.

Any others you can think of? Remember i need it to go down to 5Hz and not struggle past 15Hz. Also it should be silent as it will be sitting out in the open in cinema room.

Thanks
post #42 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 06:19 AM

Quote:
This way i can avoid high delivery charges and also make the actuators DUTY FREE as only amplifier is charged at 4.5%.
I don't know why the actuators would be duty free. It depends more on the value than anything else. Into the UK, Up to £15 No Duty, Up to £36 if a gift No Duty.

I cannot remember the exact figures, but over £135 you could be liable for customs duty, over £400+ liable for import duty. Even if you escape those you will be clobbered for VAT at 20% of purchase price, postage and any local taxes. and a handling fee of £8.00.

.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel= pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014&propertyT ype=document#P34_3134
post #43 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I don't know why the actuators would be duty free. It depends more on the value than anything else. Into the UK, Up to £15 No Duty, Up to £36 if a gift No Duty.

I cannot remember the exact figures, but over £135 you could be liable for customs duty, over £400+ liable for import duty. Even if you escape those you will be clobbered for VAT at 20% of purchase price, postage and any local taxes. and a handling fee of £8.00.

.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel= pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014&propertyT ype=document#P34_3134
Yep i used a online customs tax calculator, it shows actuators as being duty free! Only amplifiers are targeted at 4.5%.

One other option i was thinking of is buying the whole level 3 package (with amp) and then getting a freight forwarder company to collect the goods from the warehouse and ship them to me. This way i can mark my own invoice amount for the goods and i can mark it below £400, then even with the amp i don't get charged ridiculous amount at tax/duty.

Maybe even mark it as a used product?
post #44 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:

iNuke NU4-6000.
He said I do not believe the amplifier you selected will be good for the following reasons:
1. The built in low pass filter is not adjustable
2. The amplifier has two fans
3. It requires a preamp to boost the signal (input sensitivity is too low)
4. Power is too much. Maximum of 500W rms for the Crowson actuators.

Any others you can think of? Remember i need it to go down to 5Hz and not struggle past 15Hz. Also it should be silent as it will be sitting out in the open in cinema room.

Thanks

Why not just get the iNuke 3000 DSP? It has plenty of power for these. If it needs to be silent, the iNukes are not an option for you as their fans are quite loud. You can switch them out, but you may not want to open your amp.

1. The built in low pass filter is not adjustable - this is completely adjustable on the DSP models.
2. The amplifier has two fans - this is true, and they are pretty loud.
3. It requires a preamp to boost the signal (input sensitivity is too low) - the iNukes don't need a lot of input to reach max power. Regular receiver outputs should be more than capable of driving it.
4. Power is too much. Maximum of 500W rms for the Crowson actuators. - with the DSP models, you can limit the power that the amp puts out.
post #45 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Why not just get the iNuke 3000 DSP? It has plenty of power for these. If it needs to be silent, the iNukes are not an option for you as their fans are quite loud. You can switch them out, but you may not want to open your amp.

1. The built in low pass filter is not adjustable - this is completely adjustable on the DSP models.
2. The amplifier has two fans - this is true, and they are pretty loud.
3. It requires a preamp to boost the signal (input sensitivity is too low) - the iNukes don't need a lot of input to reach max power. Regular receiver outputs should be more than capable of driving it.
4. Power is too much. Maximum of 500W rms for the Crowson actuators. - with the DSP models, you can limit the power that the amp puts out.
Thank you for your response with that, was very helpful. Yes i do need a super silent amp, i have a installation guy coming to install the cables and transducers when i get them, so I'm sure he'd be ok with changing anything inside the amp.

Two questions though:
Once the LPF is set (i assume via a pc) can it not be changed again from the amp itself? Do you have to connect it to a pc every time to adjust it even if i want to change it from say 40Hz to 50Hz?
Randalph was quite sure yesterday when i spoke with him via email that the iNukes had too low input sensitivity and would require a preamp, i have no clue about this. Are you sure it would be ok, because a preamp addition is the last thing i can have installed in home cinema now. Ive run out of both power space and space to put these things, so can not install a preamp ontop of this!

If the DSP3000 is fine, how about cheaper models such as the DSP1000, can i use these ones just as well?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-NU...ringer+1000DSP

thanks
post #46 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Just received another response from Randolph about the DSP1000, he's said:

I have heard of customers successfully using the iNuke-1000. It offers good control of the filtering but I believe it still requires a preamp and it still has a fan. Most pro amplifiers have a 1.4Vrms input requirement while our system needs only .2Vrms. A preamp is required to boost the signal for most Pro amps. I am not sure what the input sensitivity of the iNuke is.

Please can someone who knows about this immediately let me know what they think? Im going to place the order for the crowsons today, and i need to know quickly if i should get it with their amp or get the inuke amp from here so i can save some money.

Thanks
post #47 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Just received another response from Randolph about the DSP1000, he's said:

I have heard of customers successfully using the iNuke-1000. It offers good control of the filtering but I believe it still requires a preamp and it still has a fan. Most pro amplifiers have a 1.4Vrms input requirement while our system needs only .2Vrms. A preamp is required to boost the signal for most Pro amps. I am not sure what the input sensitivity of the iNuke is.

Please can someone who knows about this immediately let me know what they think? Im going to place the order for the crowsons today, and i need to know quickly if i should get it with their amp or get the inuke amp from here so i can save some money.

Thanks

I'm trying to find the spec in some of the threads around here. IIRC, it was 1 volt or less to drive the iNuke to full power.

What receiver will you be driving the amp with? IIRC, Pioneers have very weak output on the sub out, whereas Onkyo has a very high output, 4+ volts. More than enough to drive an iNuke.
post #48 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm trying to find the spec in some of the threads around here. IIRC, it was 1 volt or less to drive the iNuke to full power.

What receiver will you be driving the amp with? IIRC, Pioneers have very weak output on the sub out, whereas Onkyo has a very high output, 4+ volts. More than enough to drive an iNuke.
I have a Onkyo 609
post #49 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have a Onkyo 609

Onkyos are known to have very high power output on the sub out. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee anything for you.

I still think the fans will be a big problem for you. They are very noisy. I think that alone would rule out the iNukes.
post #50 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'll add my .02 in and say the Buttkickers are fantastic for the money. I have 4 running on two amps and they shake more than I can imagine anyone with any type of setup requiring. Can't see where there is anything that much better for a tactile transducer. Especially not for the price differences.
Killer_Nads likes this.
post #51 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's a thread talking about Onkyos driving pro amps. Multiple people stating the Onkyo makes plenty of power to do it, and then other members saying theirs didn't work.

Can Onkyo's run pro amps without voltage step-up?

Quote from the thread:

The inuke 3000 only needs 0.75v to reach full power.
Killer_Nads likes this.

Last edited by zeus33; 07-09-2014 at 02:57 PM.
post #52 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Here's a thread talking about Onkyos driving pro amps. Multiple people stating the Onkyo makes plenty of power to do it, and then other members saying theirs didn't work.

Can Onkyo's run pro amps without voltage step-up?

Quote from the thread:

The inuke 3000 only needs 0.75v to reach full power.
Thank you for that, theres a huge risk factor involved i guess, i don't think i should risk it. Cause otherwise i could end up with no working amp and just the crowsons transducers! It might cost a bit extra but i think its a better option for me to just order the whole package with the amp from crowsons so at least i know its compatible.
post #53 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for that, theres a huge risk factor involved i guess, i don't think i should risk it. Cause otherwise i could end up with no working amp and just the crowsons transducers! It might cost a bit extra but i think its a better option for me to just order the whole package with the amp from crowsons so at least i know its compatible.

Probably your safest bet. Good luck.
post #54 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Probably your safest bet. Good luck.
Thank you for trying to help out.
post #55 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm using an inuke3000 dsp with a Pioneer Elite vsx-53 for my avr. My avr has a very weak signal compared to other avr's I've had and still it gets enough juice to the inuke to power the Crowson no problem I just had to turn up the gain.
I
The dsp on the inuke is awesome. You can set up any kind of house curve you want, run the low pass filter at any frequency you want, the dynamic eq function is awesome.

Honestly now that I have a inuke 3000 running the Crowson I would hate to use another kind of amp because the dsp is so awesome on the inuke.
Killer_Nads likes this.
post #56 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Also as stated, an inuke 3000 is perfect for the crowsons. The crowsons are 8 ohms and the inuke puts out 400-500 watts per channel in 8 ohms. You could run 2 crowson's per channel which would be a 4 ohm load on the inuke which would once again give the almost perfect amount of watts to each crowson. So, 1 inuke 3000dsp for all 4 Crowsons.

Look up the fan mod, I haven't done it on the inuke but I have on the Behringer ep4000 and it was easy.
Killer_Nads likes this.
post #57 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

@carp , oh man i wish i had read your post! Just after talking with zeus33 i concluded that it would be best to order the amp with the crowsons.

I just finished sending the payment through Bank Transfer

Oh well it cost me an extra £250 probably
post #58 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

AHHHH sorry about that man, I have kept my eye on this thread but for awhile didn't feel I had anything else to add - and when I do I'm too late!

No way to get a return on that amp? If not, you will still be fine - and you won't have to worry about a fan mod.
Killer_Nads likes this.

Last edited by carp; 07-09-2014 at 03:54 PM.
post #59 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

LOL yeh this always happens to me

Ill leave it now and see what happens, unless if something goes wrong in the payment and it gets auto returned/cancelled. Then i can change it.

However until then i leave it as it is.

Also didn't realise, Crowsons wanted the payment in USD, i sent through my Santandar account in UK and they bloody charged me an extra £25 and also gave me a crappy rate of £1 to $1.61 Ended up paying an extra £70 or so
post #60 of 91 Old 07-09-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
LOL yeh this always happens to me

Ill leave it now and see what happens, unless if something goes wrong in the payment and it gets auto returned/cancelled. Then i can change it.

However until then i leave it as it is.

Also didn't realise, Crowsons wanted the payment in USD, i sent through my Santandar account in UK and they bloody charged me an extra £25 and also gave me a crappy rate of £1 to $1.61 Ended up paying an extra £70 or so
Man, you sure did pay top dollar. Now I feel some pressure - ha, I hope you like them as much as I do!

Just so you know, when I first tested one out before putting it under my love seat I thought something had to be wrong it seemed like the movement of it was WAY too slight to do much moving of my seat - I was wrong.
Killer_Nads likes this.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
bass shaker , Home Theater , seats , subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page