[Urgent] Looking for a Sofa Bass Shaker for home cinema! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #1 of 91 Old 06-30-2014, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 2
[Urgent] Looking for a Sofa Bass Shaker for home cinema!

Hi guys,

Need some help, I'm looking for a tactile transducer or bass shaker for my sofas in my home cinema living room, below i have described my cinema layout:

I have a projector and also a onkyo 5.1 audio receiver with 5 B&W speakers and a huge subwoofer.

My room includes two sofas, one 3 seater and the other is a 2 seater.

I am looking for the best tactile transducer system to add to my home cinema system.

I would highly prefer a wireless system cause it would be much easier to install and hide.

Please could you recommend me a system to purchase, I'm based in London, UK. So it needs to be deliverable to here!

Im not sure how many sofas the system would connect to and if two would be ok, but if it isn't then i definitely need the one, 3 seater sofa to work with this. The second two seater sofa would be an added bonus.

The sofas i have are on 4 legs with a gap underneath between the sofa and the floor.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 Old 07-01-2014, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter

Come on guys, no one?

I have had a look and am thinking to stick to a wired system now.

The two i have come down to are the Buttkicker LTE and the Clark Synthesis TST239. I need 2 in my larger sofa and 1 in my smaller sofa. So 3 in total.

Now the question is which one shall i get?

Please can someone advice on this and tell me which one would be better option, I'm going to be using mainly for movies and games.

I also need to decide on a amplifier.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
post #3 of 91 Old 07-01-2014, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I bought 4 aura bass shakers for 42$ each and a dayton 250 amp for 125.00 all through parts express and my family and cant be more happy. There are many options some costing alot more but i did my research n people were happy with that set so i went that route.

Peeps here can help u with wiring diagrams
kevings likes this.
post #4 of 91 Old 07-01-2014, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal swagger View Post
I bought 4 aura bass shakers for 42$ each and a dayton 250 amp for 125.00 all through parts express and my family and cant be more happy. There are many options some costing alot more but i did my research n people were happy with that set so i went that route.

Peeps here can help u with wiring diagrams
Thanks for your reply. Nice, good to see your enjoying it.

Unfortunately, the Aura are impossible to get hold of in UK and even if you manage to find someone selling they are priced around £80-100 each, not really worth it when you can purchase much better ones in ButtKicker LFE / Clark Synthesis TST239.

I don't really need to worry about the wiring, as i have a home cinema expert installing it for me. At the moment i just need to decide which one i want to go for out of these two i mentioned.

The ButtKickers are slightly cheaper at £1000 for the installation of 3 of them, while the Clarks are slightly more expensive at £1300, but that is also because of the very costly Amplifier: Paradigm X300 (which itself is around £500-600).
post #5 of 91 Old 07-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Swagger, good to see you on here helping out /paying it forward. Nice work
post #6 of 91 Old 07-01-2014, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Please guys can someone recommend one over the other, i urgently need to know as the home cinema installer is due to come in within the next week or so to install and bring the equipment.

Hence, i urgently need to tell him to either go with the clarks or buttcrakers!!

Thanks
post #7 of 91 Old 07-01-2014, 11:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Crowsons are such a step up from those 2 IMO. The buttkickers, clarks, and auras all seem fake and gimmiky to me. For a long time those were the only kind of transducer I had experienced so I thought I didn't like transducers. Then an avs member (craig john) recommended Crowson to me. They are more expensive but are so realistic!! I bought one and it's one of the best upgrades I have made in my room.

The coolest thing about it is that it moves my couch exactly like the low frequencies do on my subs (I'm a bit crazy, I have 8 18" subs) but even with more authority (especially below 15hz) since I am on a concrete floor.

http://www.crowsontech.com/go/crowso...opDefault.aspx

I bought the Shadow 8 single for $500 and am powering it with a Behringer Inuke 3000 dsp. It's awesome.

Here is the avs thread:

The "Official" Crowson Tactile Motion Actuators Thread.

Good luck man!
post #8 of 91 Old 07-02-2014, 01:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 54
^^ +1
post #9 of 91 Old 07-02-2014, 03:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Crowsons are such a step up from those 2 IMO. The buttkickers, clarks, and auras all seem fake and gimmiky to me. For a long time those were the only kind of transducer I had experienced so I thought I didn't like transducers. Then an avs member (craig john) recommended Crowson to me. They are more expensive but are so realistic!! I bought one and it's one of the best upgrades I have made in my room.

The coolest thing about it is that it moves my couch exactly like the low frequencies do on my subs (I'm a bit crazy, I have 8 18" subs) but even with more authority (especially below 15hz) since I am on a concrete floor.

I bought the Shadow 8 single for $500 and am powering it with a Behringer Inuke 3000 dsp. It's awesome.

Here is the avs thread:

Good luck man!
Thank you for your response, the problem is that these are going to be impossible to get hold of in UK! I was initially after motion transducers, as i prefer my seat moving rather then a static vibrate! Im assuming that these Crowsons move the whole sofa and also make it shake like the Buttcrakers do? or does it not vibrate and only do motion?
post #10 of 91 Old 07-02-2014, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

OK guys i managed to find one distributor here in london selling the crowsons, but as i thought they are ridiculously overpriced here.

I've emailed almost all home cinema distributors that i could find in my area, so far i have only found one distributor selling these and they are £600 for the crowns stereo amp and another £600 for a pair of transducers the sit beneath your sofa feet. Which means £1200 for just one sofa!!! I would need another pair for the other sofa taking it to £1800. Which is almost double for what i earlier wanted to spend.

Can someone that knows please tell me that if i go for the crowsons over the clarks, what is the major advantage that it will give me? How do they differ? I know that these will provide a stereo vibration as they get input from the from left and right speaker channels also, but i think this can also be added to the clarks? Apart from this function is there a feature of the crowsons that make it much better then the clarks and worth the high price?
post #11 of 91 Old 07-02-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Nads View Post
OK guys i managed to find one distributor here in london selling the crowsons, but as i thought they are ridiculously overpriced here.

I've emailed almost all home cinema distributors that i could find in my area, so far i have only found one distributor selling these and they are £600 for the crowns stereo amp and another £600 for a pair of transducers the sit beneath your sofa feet. Which means £1200 for just one sofa!!! I would need another pair for the other sofa taking it to £1800. Which is almost double for what i earlier wanted to spend.

Can someone that knows please tell me that if i go for the crowsons over the clarks, what is the major advantage that it will give me? How do they differ? I know that these will provide a stereo vibration as they get input from the from left and right speaker channels also, but i think this can also be added to the clarks? Apart from this function is there a feature of the crowsons that make it much better then the clarks and worth the high price?

I don't know how much it would cost you to get an Inuke 3000 dsp but they are pretty cheap over here. One inuke 3000 dsp is perfect to power 2 of the Shadow 8 transducers.

Also, you can tweak the distance settings, low pass filter settings (I don't use a low pass for music but for movies I like a 40hz low pass filter - you can tweak the settings to see what you like). Just connect the inuke to a computer or laptop with a usb cord.

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-NU30.../dp/B005DUR7U8

The inuke 3000 has been tested to put out around 350-400 watts per channel in 8 ohms which is perfect for the Crowson.

Now, the inuke fan is noisy so I have my amp in the next room. Some guys do a fan modification (put in a different fan) to make them quiet. You could find threads about what fans to use and how to do it on avs.

The other brands you are looking at can be fun but in the end if you want a realistic experience where you will forget you are even using transducers the Crowsons are the way to go.
post #12 of 91 Old 07-02-2014, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I don't know how much it would cost you to get an Inuke 3000 dsp but they are pretty cheap over here. One inuke 3000 dsp is perfect to power 2 of the Shadow 8 transducers.

Also, you can tweak the distance settings, low pass filter settings (I don't use a low pass for music but for movies I like a 40hz low pass filter - you can tweak the settings to see what you like). Just connect the inuke to a computer or laptop with a usb cord.

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-NU30.../dp/B005DUR7U8

The inuke 3000 has been tested to put out around 350-400 watts per channel in 8 ohms which is perfect for the Crowson.

Now, the inuke fan is noisy so I have my amp in the next room. Some guys do a fan modification (put in a different fan) to make them quiet. You could find threads about what fans to use and how to do it on avs.

The other brands you are looking at can be fun but in the end if you want a realistic experience where you will forget you are even using transducers the Crowsons are the way to go.
That amp can be had for a reasonable price here on UK amazon. However, it won't be adequate as i need 4 transducers, 2 for each sofa! Hence i would need an amp that can work with 4 transducers, also i really need a quite amp - it can't be noisy.

Anyhow, all that can be looked at afterwards. What i first need to understand is how the Crowson works! As i just can't seem to understand, i know it sits on the back footing of the sofas, and moves the sofa around, up, down, diagonal etc.. But as its only on 2 feet how good is this? In my view you won't get a full sense of motion!

Also what i don't understand is how it would function in a film, for example say I'm watching Godzilla. He Roars, producing huge vibrations on the normal Clarks/ButtKickers, but how would this translate to a stereo Crowson that is only doing motion?

Please if you could describe exactly how it works?!

Thanks for your help
post #13 of 91 Old 07-02-2014, 09:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Thank you for your response, the problem is that these are going to be impossible to get hold of in UK! I was initially after motion transducers, as i prefer my seat moving rather then a static vibrate! Im assuming that these Crowsons move the whole sofa and also make it shake like the Buttcrakers do? or does it not vibrate and only do motion?
"Motion transducers" vs. vibration??? If, by "motion transducers" you mean something like D-Box, then NO!.., none of the "tactile" transducers will provide that kind of "motion." Only D-Box will provide actual movement of the seat in an up/down, left/right, front/back, Disney-ride kind of motion. D-Box will physically move the seat(s) by 4 to 6 INCHES in multiple 3D horizontal/vertical planes. It's VERY expensive, costing several thousands of dollars per chair. It uses a specific D-Box "Motion Code" track available on some, but not all, BluRay discs. Nothing else besides D-Box can use that track, as it is proprietary.

(Having said that, IN MY EXPERIENCE, the "Disney-Ride" motion provided by D-Box is pretty cool... for about 2 minutes... after which it becomes incredibly annoying and distracting. But hey, that's just me... Many D-Box enthusiast love the effects: For all D-Box enthusiasts !)

In any event, if you're looking beyond, (below???) D-Box, at "tactile" transducers, there are multiple ways to provide tactile response. Some move the seats directly; some move the seats indirectly and some move a platform that sympathetically moves the seats. IMO and IME, the systems that move the seats directly provide the most useful and natural tactile response.

In that category, the Crowsons top the list. They sit underneath the seating framework, either under the "legs" or "feet" of the seating, or under the framework of the chair. They directly move the seating up and down based on the frequency of the bass signal. They don't move nearly as much as a D-Box transducer. They only lift and lower the seating by a few millimeters. But that movement is not implicitly noticeable as an up/down motion. It is so subtle that it is very "natural" and it blends with the bass response in a way that augments the bass without being overwhelming or overbearing or distracting.

The biggest benefit of the Crowson transducers vs. many of the other "tactile" transducers is their very low frequency, (VLF), response. Tactile response at 5 - 10 Hz "feels" very different than tactile response at 40 - 100 Hz. Many transducers can do 40+ Hz. The Crowsons are in a league of their own when it comes to >40 Hz VLF response. A tactile motion response at 10 Hz feels like a "wobble" or a "shudder" while a 40 Hz vibration feels kinda like sticking your finger in an electrical outlet.

The other major benefit of the Crowsons is their rapid decay. When an effect "ends", the Crowsons stop vibrating immediately. Other transducers systems will have some inherent inertia that will cause them to continue to vibrate, or cause the system they're attached to, to continue to vibrate, well after the effect has ended. The immediacy of the decay of the Crowsons further enhances their "believability" and the naturalness of their response.

The Crowsons are 8 Ohm transducers, so they're pretty easy to drive. They can be run in many combinations of serial/parallel to provide the optimal resistance for most any amp.

Bottom line, if your looking for actual "motion transducers", there's only one game in town... D-Box.

If D-Box is not your thing, the next best option is Crowson. IMO, in many ways, the Crowsons are not just the "next best" option, but the more preferable option.

Craig
Boxozaxu and Killer_Nads like this.

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #14 of 91 Old 07-02-2014, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Craig for the detailed responce, however im still unsure as to how crowson responds in a film or game, like you said it moves the rear of the couch up and down only and that too only by a small amount. Does this movement in quick succession as a vibration/shake? Or does it not shake at all and only provides a very small hardly noticeable motion?

For example, like the scene i gave earlier where godzilla performs a roar, on buttkicker this would probive a shake for a few seconds until the roar finishes! How would crowson deal with this scene? Would it just keep moving the rear of the seat up/down for a few seconds also? Will this equal the whole couch vibrating and would it be a noticeable shake like buttkicker?

Thanks
post #15 of 91 Old 07-03-2014, 06:12 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:

Here is the avs thread:

Good luck man!
How were the Buttkickers mounted that you experienced? Buttkickers need an indirect type mount (a riser/platform built to flex and preferably the entire wood frame of the seating to come in contact with the riser as well as the riser having enough room for your feet so they also get the sensation and there is no disconnect) to achieve their full potential IME.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP

Last edited by Toe; 07-03-2014 at 08:30 AM.
post #16 of 91 Old 07-03-2014, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Thanks Craig for the detailed responce, however im still unsure as to how crowson responds in a film or game, like you said it moves the rear of the couch up and down only and that too only by a small amount. Does this movement in quick succession as a vibration/shake? Or does it not shake at all and only provides a very small hardly noticeable motion?

For example, like the scene i gave earlier where godzilla performs a roar, on buttkicker this would probive a shake for a few seconds until the roar finishes! How would crowson deal with this scene? Would it just keep moving the rear of the seat up/down for a few seconds also? Will this equal the whole couch vibrating and would it be a noticeable shake like buttkicker?

Thanks
Short and dirty answer, yes, it will operate much the way the Buttkicker does, only better. The BK (of which I'm the owner of 2) does its own internal shaking, which in turn shakes the seats. The Crowson skips that first step and just shakes the seat.
post #17 of 91 Old 07-03-2014, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
That amp can be had for a reasonable price here on UK amazon. However, it won't be adequate as i need 4 transducers, 2 for each sofa! Hence i would need an amp that can work with 4 transducers, also i really need a quite amp - it can't be noisy.

Anyhow, all that can be looked at afterwards. What i first need to understand is how the Crowson works! As i just can't seem to understand, i know it sits on the back footing of the sofas, and moves the sofa around, up, down, diagonal etc.. But as its only on 2 feet how good is this? In my view you won't get a full sense of motion!

Also what i don't understand is how it would function in a film, for example say I'm watching Godzilla. He Roars, producing huge vibrations on the normal Clarks/ButtKickers, but how would this translate to a stereo Crowson that is only doing motion?

Please if you could describe exactly how it works?!

Thanks for your help
The owner Randy Crowson is very nice to speak to and can provide more info about how they work. He offered me the 10% AVS power buy discount.

Having experienced Buttkicker/Aura/Clark transducers I was skeptical about the Crowson's providing the tactile experience I was looking for. After reading through all of the positive reviews in the Crowson thread I decided to order 1 Shadow 8 to try out. They have a 30 day trial so there was very little risk. It was very easy to install and after about 20 minutes I was so impressed I called and ordered more.

I just bought an iNuke 3000dsp and will be using it to drive 4 Crowson's. Wiring them in paralllel results in a 4 ohm load which the amp can easily handle. From the measurements I've seen it outputs ~600 watts per channel into a 4 ohm load. The Crowson's are rated at 500 watts max. The DSP software in the iNuke has a peak limiter function that can be used to limit output power to 500 watts.
Killer_Nads likes this.
post #18 of 91 Old 07-03-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
How were the Buttkickers mounted that you experienced? Buttkickers need an indirect type mount (a riser/platform built to flex and preferably the entire wood frame of the seating to come in contact with the riser as well as the riser having enough room for your feet so they also get the sensation and there is no disconnect) to achieve their full potential IME.
Both ways, connected directly to the chair in a couple rooms and in another room they were connected to the riser - the riser was better for sure.
post #19 of 91 Old 07-03-2014, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
The owner Randy Crowson is very nice to speak to and can provide more info about how they work. He offered me the 10% AVS power buy discount.

Having experienced Buttkicker/Aura/Clark transducers I was skeptical about the Crowson's providing the tactile experience I was looking for. After reading through all of the positive reviews in the Crowson thread I decided to order 1 Shadow 8 to try out. They have a 30 day trial so there was very little risk. It was very easy to install and after about 20 minutes I was so impressed I called and ordered more.

I just bought an iNuke 3000dsp and will be using it to drive 4 Crowson's. Wiring them in paralllel results in a 4 ohm load which the amp can easily handle. From the measurements I've seen it outputs ~600 watts per channel into a 4 ohm load. The Crowson's are rated at 500 watts max. The DSP software in the iNuke has a peak limiter function that can be used to limit output power to 500 watts.
Im trying as hard as possible to find it, I've made up my mind to go with the Crowsons now - however I'm failing to find any in UK. Today i contacted the Official distributors of crowsons in uk, at first they didn't even have a clue about it - but after speaking to the correct guy Charles, he was aware of it and said we used to sell them a few years ago, but they have nothing now.

So basically theres no distributor in uk, possibly non in all of Europe! Ive also contacted crowsons website which I'm assuming is run by Randy Crowson? Its been 24 hours since then and still no response!! Starting to get worried now that i will never be able to get them the other problem is i required them installed within the next 2 weeks. If i can't get them then i will have to either go for the ButtKicker or Clarks.

What would be the second best option
post #20 of 91 Old 07-03-2014, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Sucks to be on a time crunch like that!

However with the Crowson's you simply pit them under a leg of your chair and pit the motion isolators under the other legs so there isn't much to it, you don't actually attach the Crowson's to the chair does that help your time issues?

I bet Randall is not working during the holiday weekend and will be back next week. When I bought my Crowson's it took a few days to get ahold of him that can be frustrating. He is super helpful once you get a hold of him.
post #21 of 91 Old 07-03-2014, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Sucks to be on a time crunch like that!

However with the Crowson's you simply pit them under a leg of your chair and pit the motion isolators under the other legs so there isn't much to it, you don't actually attach the Crowson's to the chair does that help your time issues?

I bet Randall is not working during the holiday weekend and will be back next week. When I bought my Crowson's it took a few days to get ahold of him that can be frustrating. He is super helpful once you get a hold of him.
Yeh installation is not a problem, i have a home cinema guy here who would come and install it for me (hide all the cables etc..) and configure it with the correct settings etc... thats only an hours job or so.

The problem is buying the unit! and getting it delivered to me in time!! Ive run out of options to try and purchase it from uk Hopefully Randall can help?! Is he on these forums at all?
post #22 of 91 Old 07-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Yeh installation is not a problem, i have a home cinema guy here who would come and install it for me (hide all the cables etc..) and configure it with the correct settings etc... thats only an hours job or so.

The problem is buying the unit! and getting it delivered to me in time!! Ive run out of options to try and purchase it from uk Hopefully Randall can help?! Is he on these forums at all?
Perhaps you have the option of letting your installer run all the wires/amps and then you install the Crowsons yourself if/when you get them?
post #23 of 91 Old 07-03-2014, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post
Perhaps you have the option of letting your installer run all the wires/amps and then you install the Crowsons yourself if/when you get them?
I have a special event day coming up around 20th July, where a lot of guests will be coming over to my house also. I really need it installed before then, delaying the installer to come on the day the crowsons arrive is not the problem, the problem is receiving the crowsons, heck at the moment even finding where to order them from!!
post #24 of 91 Old 07-04-2014, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

OK Randall finally contacted me last night, saying that he could ship them directly from usa. He asked me if i would like a quote with uk shipping for level 2 or 3.

So I've asked him for a quote on both! However, I'm worried, apart from shipping charges it might cost a fortune in customs/tax!? Anyway to avoid this?

Also whats the AVS power buy discount and can anyone get it?

One other thing I'm thinking of doing (will need help from you guys to see if this is doable or not) is purchase the Level 2 package, which gives 2 actuators instead of 4, i.e.. so will only cover one sofa, and then on my second sofa have a Clark Silver or ButtCracker installed! Can someone tell me if this is possible to have on the same amp! This way i basically cover both sofas on level 2 crowsons + a shaker transducer! and at the same time i also get to try both methods out

The reason why i think this is possible is because the amp accompanying this package actually has two slots on the back, one slot runs to one sofa with two actuators and you can add another two in parallel off these first two. After doing this, you still have one free slot on the back of the amp that could run a clark/bt to my other couch! Ideally you could run 8 actuators off this amp according to the manual!
post #25 of 91 Old 07-04-2014, 03:51 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Killer_Nads -> I have to jump in here.....

The buttkickers are used in iMAX, Disney, Universal studios and other professional settings where quality matters most...

I have experiences, clarks, crowson and the buttkickers...

I have to say the buttkickers in my opinion WALK over the others I have tried.

My friend has one in his floor a single unit. His room is 20 by 10 and 8 high... When he plays a movie with an explosion you 100% feel the explosion happened right in the room. The entire room shakes.

I also use mine for music, but mainly for action movies. They are VERY fast.... To be honest faster response than my SVS subwoofer... And the feeling DEF. difference in the different frequency zones.

Anyways, I just though I would throw this out here, as the buttkickers are VERY good products. I've even test ALL with earthquake, explosion and thunderstorm sound tracks.... And living in Antigua I have personally felt REAL earthquakes... And the buttkicker can mimic the EXACT feeling...

Let me know if anyone needs more information or some of my personal experiences/ setup arrangements.

Cheers
post #26 of 91 Old 07-04-2014, 04:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittyfit View Post
Killer_Nads -> I have to jump in here.....

The buttkickers are used in iMAX, Disney, Universal studios and other professional settings where quality matters most...

I have experiences, clarks, crowson and the buttkickers...

I have to say the buttkickers in my opinion WALK over the others I have tried.

My friend has one in his floor a single unit. His room is 20 by 10 and 8 high... When he plays a movie with an explosion you 100% feel the explosion happened right in the room. The entire room shakes.

I also use mine for music, but mainly for action movies. They are VERY fast.... To be honest faster response than my SVS subwoofer... And the feeling DEF. difference in the different frequency zones.

Anyways, I just though I would throw this out here, as the buttkickers are VERY good products. I've even test ALL with earthquake, explosion and thunderstorm sound tracks.... And living in Antigua I have personally felt REAL earthquakes... And the buttkicker can mimic the EXACT feeling...

Let me know if anyone needs more information or some of my personal experiences/ setup arrangements.

Cheers
Thanks for your input, Wow an exact opposite from what most others are saying

You said you experience the Crowsons too, most others are saying that the crowsons is the best option to go for out of these, what was your experience like with them?

Also it would be good to also get a comparison between the buttkicker and clarks?

thanks
post #27 of 91 Old 07-04-2014, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 375
Quote:
Thanks for your input, Wow an exact opposite from what most others are saying

You said you experience the Crowsons too, most others are saying that the crowsons is the best option to go for out of these, what was your experience like with them?

Also it would be good to also get a comparison between the buttkicker and clarks?

thanks
Lol, I just saw him post virtually the same in another thread as well. I'm +1 on the Crowson's. Carp summed it up pretty well.
post #28 of 91 Old 07-06-2014, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Killer_Nads -> The crowson I used may have been defective.

I don't think you can go wrong with either units. When hooked up properly, they will add an extra feel, some call it 4-D
post #29 of 91 Old 07-06-2014, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Ok well i have asked more details from Randall, im still waiting for his reply!

At the moment importing crowsons is my number one choice. If for some reason we cant work it out cause of high prices in uk delivery and/or custom s fees etc... Then i will go with my second choice!

Now this is where i need help, as a second choice currently i am thinking of selecting the clark silver package. Main sofa will have 2 transducers and smaller sofa will have one clark silver.

Is this the next best option or do you think buttkickers are a better option?

I prefer the quality of the clarks from what ive read, however im confused because the clarks dont go down to 5hz they only go down to 15hz!! Thats where my confusion comes in, should i stick and be happy with the clarks at 15hz or go for the 5hz buttkicker?
post #30 of 91 Old 07-06-2014, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

After reading this FAQ:
http://www.bassshakers.com/bass-shak...ark-synthesis/

My heart is even more inclined to go with the Clarks rather then the ButtKickers as my second choice! Says they are Tactile Transducers rather then just "shakers" that the buttkickers are known as!

What really got my attention though was this line:
Say for example you're watching a scary movie, and a door is slowly creaking closed, and then slams shut with a bang. The Clark transducers will let you feel the high-pitched creak as well as the bang.

Thats exactly what i want to feel, the creek and the bang! Especially since i watch a lot of horror movies as well. Maybe it is worth me sacrificing the 5hz BT's for this and going with the 15hz clarks?

Also on that page it says that the clark tactile transducers have a speaker on them and produce sound as well?! what does this mean? What kind of sound will be produced from these when they are within my sofa?

One important question i have though is, the Crowsons are my first choice! Will they be able to provide this also? Can they also do the creek and not just the bang?
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
bass shaker , Home Theater , seats , subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page