1. Your budget: $800-1200 (might be flexible on this)
2. Size requirements/limits: Ideally a smaller sub for WAF factor. I prefer it as well for cleaner looks. One sub only.
3. Room dimensions: The room is 21' x 15' x 7' = 2200 cu feet. However it is open to a hallway, stairwell, and an 8' x 12' x 7' room. (as seen below in plan)
4. Primary uses: 40% HT, 40% music, 20% gaming. It's a Great room / Rec room in the basement. Completely carpeted floors and suspended acoustic tile ceiling.
5. Listening habits: I've never been a huge fan of bone rattling bass. I usually prefer clean, tight, punchy bass...I'm pretty sure I want a sealed sub that is flexible enough to have decent output for HT listening. I typically watch sci-fi and action/adventure movies. I listen to electronic/techno, classic rock, instrumental/orchestrated music. I listen to music louder than I do movies.
6. Appearance requirements: Smaller is better. I don't think I could do a huge ported sub. Besides that I don't care about the finish.
7. Timeframe: Nothing immediate. Maybe a couple months.
Denon AVR 2809ci
Energy RC-70 pair
Energy RC-LCR center
Energy RC-10 surround pair
Picture of the room:
With all that said, I've done a lot of research between the SVS SB2000, SVS SB13 ultra, and Rythmik E15. I'm leaning towards the Rythmik after the reviews I've seen and the fact it's price point is right in the middle of those 3 subs.
What do you guys think? Any other options? Will those subs output enough in my space for HT? I know they will excel with music listening for sure.
What about those two '?' locations? What one would be more ideal?