Help with 15 inch sub box build 1st time - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-09-2014, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help with 15 inch sub box build 1st time

Well I've got 2 questions. I have an Interfire ifs-15d4 laying around and was thinking about building a sealed box for it for my mazda 626 trunk. I have 2 12 inch JL Audio 300 watt subs in there now, they share a sloped box. The surrounds rotted out a couple years ago so I got 2 surrounds from JL Audio and took them to a speaker shop to have the surrounds replace. They worked great for about a year and a half. Recently the voice coils have started sounding like they are rubbing real bad at certain frequencies. And then a few months later my amp quit. So that's my first question, what happened, maybe they've been over driven. I had a 2 channel 1000 watt peak kenwood amp bridged, turned way down driving the 2 12's. Not sure if those voice coils rubbing are what took out my amp. Anyways I've had this 15 inch Interfire sitting around for the last couple years and want to do something with it. I read they're not to bad of a sub. I've been threatening to go bigger. I found a box calculator on line and have worked out my demensions for two 15 inch subs in a sealed box. Coming up with about 2.2 cubic feet of air space for each sub. My second question is am I going to need a square or triangular enclosure? I have about 17 depth x 35 wide x 17 tall to play with for 2 15 inch subs. Any advice? I'll get a separate amp for each 15 inch. Moderate woodworking skills.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-09-2014, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Post this thread in the DIY area for more help.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page