Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

Old 08-22-2014, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Enjoying some John Mayer "Bold as Love" right now at -20MV and it sounds just incredible! I can't thank you guys enough. This place is a wealth of info for us not-so-informed, keep up the good work!

AVR: DENON 2113ci
FL/R: Klipschorn
CC: Klipsch RC64ii
SUR: Polk LS F/X x 4
SUB: PSA XS15 x 4 (Soon to be replaced with dual T-18s!)
DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 1706
No problem Alan!! I am glad everything is sorted and now you can fully enjoy your subs. I have learned a lot from this thread and it was great to see Mr. Seaton join in and offer some solid advice. Says something big for him to come into this thread and help a non-customer...good times!!
Old 08-23-2014, 04:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Excellent result, just shows what you can do with hard data & some perseverance now you get to sit back and enjoy rather than spend time tweaking!

Also remember you can use the rta in REW while playing something back to get a slightly more detailed view on what is going on, at least peak levels anyway. For example Flight of the Phoenix barrel roll at -20

Last edited by 3ll3d00d; 08-23-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

After living with the new/improved sub setup for the weekend, I'm really enjoying how it sounds...and I've noticed a strange, but happy phenomenon. The bass doesn't seem to travel throughout my house like it did before. In fact, it doesn't travel much outside of the "rectangle" that defines my listening area. Not sure what this is attributed to, but my wife likes it.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
After living with the new/improved sub setup for the weekend, I'm really enjoying how it sounds...and I've noticed a strange, but happy phenomenon. The bass doesn't seem to travel throughout my house like it did before. In fact, it doesn't travel much outside of the "rectangle" that defines my listening area. Not sure what this is attributed to, but my wife likes it.
I have noticed the same thing...if the subs are not properly aligned you will actually end up with more bass in other areas of the house compared to the LP.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I have noticed the same thing...if the subs are not properly aligned you will actually end up with more bass in other areas of the house compared to the LP.
Exactly. If the multiple subs are fighting at your listening position, they often are combining somewhere else more constructively. If you then proceed to boost the range that isn't getting to your seat efficiently, it gets even more intense where ever it is combining better.

Were you able to get the MiniDSP back in the mix with the gains adjusted?

I might have missed it, but I don't recall seeing a clean overlay of the individual responses from final locations and the combined output all at the same drive level?

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
Old 08-25-2014, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
Were you able to get the MiniDSP back in the mix with the gains adjusted?

I might have missed it, but I don't recall seeing a clean overlay of the individual responses from final locations and the combined output all at the same drive level?
Haven't had time to mess with the MiniDSP yet, but it's on my short list.

I haven't done new individual measurements since the final position tweaks and gain matching. I'll do those as soon as I can.

A few posts up though I posted this: combined output, positions 1/2/5/6, Audyssey on, max spl sweeps: