Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-14-2014, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Question Antimode 8033 question...

Antimode 8033: Will it make my front row the 'sweet spot'??? Right now the lower-end bass is hitting toward the back of the room...what could help this?

Terrence
"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?...."No, have you?" -ALIENS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-14-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 187
It'll optimise it for the initial listening position, positions to the left & right would be slightly different so not optimal. However..

From the manual.

Quote:
3. Wider Area Correction
In some situations it is more favorable to compensate for room acoustics in a wider listening area.
When this is done, the result is no longer optimal in any single listening position but is improved for
a wider listening area. Before performing wider area correction the first (main) calibration
procedure described in the earlier section must be performed. As previously discussed, the first
calibration is done with the microphone at the center of the listening area or primary listening
position within the area.
The Anti-Mode 8033 can be calibrated for wider areas by moving the microphone to another point
within the listening area. Pressing and holding the BYPASS button will initiate a secondary
calibration utilizing two to three additional frequency sweeps. Anti-Mode 8033 will use the results
from these sweeps in conjunction with data gathered from the first calibration to create a
compensation model for a wider listening area.

Do not accidentally keep both the LIFT and BYPASS buttons pressed on the front panel as this will
start the first (main) calibration all over again overriding the current room data.
Secondary calibrations can be done multiple times and will not result is the loss of data from the
first (main) calibration. The previous secondary calibrations will not be retained. It is easy to try
different secondary calibration points for the best audible result. Following are several strategies
for choosing the microphone position for the secondary calibration

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

post #3 of 7 Old 08-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom View Post
It'll optimise it for the initial listening position, positions to the left & right would be slightly different so not optimal. However..

From the manual.
I've used my friend's for about a month and though it is optimized for the listening position, it does make a big difference in most if not all, of the room.
post #4 of 7 Old 08-14-2014, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmerci View Post
I've used my friend's for about a month and though it is optimized for the listening position, it does make a big difference in most if not all, of the room.
this does help...when I get a few extra bones, I will try this thing out....at least my Buttkickes help (quite a bit)

Terrence
"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?...."No, have you?" -ALIENS

post #5 of 7 Old 08-14-2014, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I use one as well. Made a huge difference in my room. The bass from my hsu stf-2 became louder and tighter. And I concur with the previous post. It made a difference not only in the sweet spot where I placed the mic but in the whole room.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-15-2014, 01:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 89
When I first put it in and compared it with it on and off, I thought I can hear a difference because there was a room resonance that was gone. Not much but good. But after having it a month and having to return it, I really missed it!

(I'm now not set up to listen to my system now so it'll be a while before I get one of mine own.)
post #7 of 7 Old 08-16-2014, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 365
It didn't make much difference in my room. REW measurements confirmed it was making minor tweaks to the FR, but to my ears the difference was essentially inaudible. I concluded I must not have much issue with peaks (the 8803 doesn't address dips) and sold the 8033.

Last edited by Saturn94; 09-08-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page