post #31 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I would hold off on the Reaction Audio stuff...while it looks promising there is no 3rd party data yet on the subs. Also the lead times are pretty long and it appears they are struggling to keep up with orders. Not putting this out there as jab at Reaction, Jeremy seems like a great guy, but 3-4 week lead times and no third party data would make me look other directions...especially with all the great options out there.
No offense taken at all. These would be valid concerns where I to be on the other side of things and shopping around myself.

We will have 3rd party data in the form of CEA 2010 testing as soon as Josh Ricci from Data-Bass.com can get a Sunday without rain to test. We sent him a sub over two months ago, but the poor dude has just been swamped. He now has two units from us and we will have 3rd party data on our prime 2 subwoofer products.

In addition, we hope to have these two units "in stock and ready to ship" by the fall.
Most of what we have done so far has been "built to order" this summer because demand has far exceeded expectation....which is a good and bad thing.

There is definitely an advantage if you want to get a sub fast, ordering from a larger company.
But we do have many customers who felt it was worth the wait, especially to have hand built, made in USA drivers with over 2.5 inches of P-P xmech.

FWIW I know there are a at least a handful of ID companies who are doing mostly built to order stuff and I have seen wait times for those have ranged from a few weeks to as long as six months (in rare cases). And they are still highly recommended and have a solid online following.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

Last edited by edgebsl; 08-20-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 16
are there any assemble your self units in a 15" variety? Ones that would resemble the size of a xv15se or even slightly larger? I like the idea of that, but not sure if I would end up being better going with the xv15se, at this point im ordering one. But dont wanna jump on it and regret not building one.
post #33 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandiele View Post
I have been planning on getting an SVS PB-2000 for a few weeks now to replace my polk audio DSW pro 500.

Tonight I have actually gotten time to read about other subs in my price range and found out there are a few. I dont know if I like any of HSU offerings, and the shipping puts it over my range for the ones I think id like however I have read about the Power Sound Audio xv15se and think that could be a great option, but I am not sure if it would suit me better then the PB-2000. I want to get the most sub for my money because eventually I will be moving into a larger home and I dont want to have to buy a new sub to fit the room.

What are some other choices in my price range and if you had to choose something besides the PB-2000 why would you make that choice. If you would choose the PB-2000 what are its advantages?

my room is about 2500 cu ft. it is a living room with eat in kitchen attached. with the whole upper level of the home being about 780 sq feet.

Thank You!!!!
Did you happen to get the 10% off ebay coupon? I ask because onecall.com sells SVS subs and you could get the PB-2000 new for $719.10. The 45 day home audition w/free return shipping still applies, but the trade up program doesn't apply.

I had the PSA XV15se and it's a powerful home theater sub, plus it was pretty solid for music. IMO, I would choose the XV15se or the PB-2000, mainly because they are proven subs and they both have an audition period (30 days on the PSA sub) w/free return shipping. Both SVS and PSA also have a 5 year warranty on the whole sub. I almost bought a HSU sub, but their terms of service and only a 2 year warranty on the amp scared me off.

Last edited by MIX_MASTER_ICE; 08-20-2014 at 03:08 PM.
post #34 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
Did you happen to get the 10% off ebay coupon? I ask because onecall.com sells SVS subs and you could get the PB-2000 new for $719.10. The 45 day home audition w/free return shipping still applies, but the trade up program doesn't apply.

I had the PSA XV15se and it's a powerful home theater sub, plus it was pretty solid for music. IMO, I would choose the XV15se or the PB-2000, mainly because they are proven subs and they both have an audition period (30 days on the PSA sub) w/free return shipping. Both SVS and PSA also have a 5 year warranty on the whole sub. I almost bought a HSU sub, but their terms of service and only a 2 year warranty on the amp scared me off.
Nope I didnt get the coupon I dont think.
post #35 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Man you've got a good problem, there are a lot of great subs in this price range. I will tell you that everything I read about PSA and my dealings with Tom left me very impressed. In the under $1000 category they are a phenomenal value. Ultimately I ended up with a little bit more money in my search for a sub and ended up with a SVS PC12+. If I hadn't gone with the SVS I think the PSA would have been the one I picked.
dandiele likes this.
post #36 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
No offense taken at all. These would be valid concerns where I to be on the other side of things and shopping around myself.

We will have 3rd party data in the form of CEA 2010 testing as soon as Josh Ricci from Data-Bass.com can get a Sunday without rain to test. We sent him a sub over two months ago, but the poor dude has just been swamped. He now has two units from us and we will have 3rd party data on our prime 2 subwoofer products.

In addition, we hope to have these two units "in stock and ready to ship" by the fall.
Most of what we have done so far has been "built to order" this summer because demand has far exceeded expectation....which is a good and bad thing.

There is definitely an advantage if you want to get a sub fast, ordering from a larger company.
But we do have many customers who felt it was worth the wait, especially to have hand built, made in USA drivers with over 2.5 inches of P-P xmech.

FWIW I know there are a at least a handful of ID companies who are doing mostly built to order stuff and I have seen wait times for those have ranged from a few weeks to as long as six months (in rare cases). And they are still highly recommended and have a solid online following.
Thanks for the response Jeremy. I have been keeping a eye on your products to see what is the latest and I am impressed with what I see. Soon as we get some 3rd party measurements I would be prepared for a big increase in sales.
post #37 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

hey there basshead81 I sent you a pm.
post #38 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
are there any assemble your self units in a 15" variety? Ones that would resemble the size of a xv15se or even slightly larger? I like the idea of that, but not sure if I would end up being better going with the xv15se, at this point im ordering one. But dont wanna jump on it and regret not building one.
Yes same person I recomended earlier(chalugadp) offers a microcube that is designed around a Dayton HO 15" sub. This setup combined with a Inuke 1000DSP will run around 500.00. Pretty much give you similar XV15se performance but for 400.00 less.
post #39 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

I posted in the DIY section, I am thinking im going to go with the stonehenge setup. But I wanna make sure of a few things, first, using the SI 18 D2 since the D4 is out of stock and second, in the PDF manual it says the power consumption for the nu3000dsp is 25 amps and I only have 15 amp breakers, but I am not sure if this is worst case maximum consumption or what.

Besides that I just wanna make sure I get the little things.
post #40 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

You can run more then a Inuke 3000 ona 15amp braker. 15 amp breakers are good for 40-50amps in short bursts.
dandiele likes this.
post #41 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You can run more then a Inuke 3000 ona 15amp braker. 15 amp breakers are good for 40-50amps in short bursts.
Oh good, I was worried I wasnt going to be able to do this after all....for this setup, with the SI 18 should I do the Inuke 3000 or a larger one? I only ever plan on having one sub but I noticed the SI 18 D2 is a 2ohm dual so I think id be at 1500 watts? sounds like plenty to me but I could get the Inuke 6000 and be under 900$ so id get it if I could use the extra power with the driver
post #42 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

actually, it doesnt look like the 6000 does 2 ohm
post #43 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
actually, it doesnt look like the 6000 does 2 ohm
You can wire the SI-18D2 so it is 4ohm. Just have to hook the coils up in series.
dandiele likes this.
post #44 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You can wire the SI-18D2 so it is 4ohm. Just have to hook the coils up in series.
Ok Cool, ill still go with the 3000 I think cause it seems like 600 watts is about all the SI18 can handle anyway, so ill have plenty.
post #45 of 48 Old 08-20-2014, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ok Cool, ill still go with the 3000 I think cause it seems like 600 watts is about all the SI18 can handle anyway, so ill have plenty.
Sounds like a good plan.
dandiele likes this.
post #46 of 48 Old 08-21-2014, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I just received one of those Dayton Ultimax 15" subwoofers, holy cow, so that's what a 15 inch driver looks like, it looks military grade too. My intention is to go sealed cabinet 4cuft with a 1000w amp(Inuke 1000 most likely), it will be interesting to see how it compares to my pb2000. I'm not a fan of diy normally but after having spent too much money on a pair of floorstanders recently I needed a cheap subwoofer alternative. I had intended to get the sb13ultra but it's just too much money right now so hopefully this Dayton will work out.

Last edited by nirvy111; 08-21-2014 at 09:57 PM.
post #47 of 48 Old 08-22-2014, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

My intention was to purchase a PB-2000, 2 weeks ago I was determined. Then, I got on the forums and found out about the PSA xv15se and for about a week I was determined I had changed my mind and was going for the PSA. And now im not getting either haha. I ordered the stonehenge 18" flat pack and I think its going to provide me with a better sub, for less money then either of those 2 options. Both companies were very great to work with and answered all of my questions regarding my decision on which product to purchase, but ultimately I have to go with what gets me the best boom for my buck!
post #48 of 48 Old 08-25-2014, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So out of all the subs mentioned in the thread which one would be best for sound quality and music only listening? Like the op, I'm working with $900 budget and trying to find best bang for buck. My room size is ~1200 cu ft and this will be in a nearfield (desktop) 2.1 setup.

I started this thread right here:
Best Sub for Music under $900
if you guys can offer more input. Tnx in advance for any suggestions.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers
Gear in this thread - PB-2000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page