Just picked up a Paradigm PS-1200 or £100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-31-2014, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just picked up a Paradigm PS-1200 or £100

This is my first post in the forum, I do frequent this board because I'm an audio enthusiast but I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Matthew and I'm a software developer currently building up my own home cinema system

So, I think I've got a good deal, the subwoofer is in excellent condition apart from a scuff in the corner that has been cleaned up and the portholes are a little mucky. I got this amplifier from a friend who loves his sound and practically every room in his house is filled with fantastic setups, he had a pair of old B&Ws in his bedroom and a rather beefy looking akai amp from the 70s.

I'm very satisfied with the warmness of the bass and the sheer output from this PS-1200 but I have a question which brings me to why I've posted here.

I'm not sure which version of the PS-1200 this is, I'm aware that there are four versions? I only ask because I'm curious as to the technical specifications of the sub and how powerful the internal amplifier is. I didn't think to ask the guy as I was more overwhelmed at the fact I managed to pick up such a fantastic looking active subwoofer at this price. The first generation supposedly had a 120W RMS amplifier with newer models having 200 and 250, I've attached some photographs of this new sub and would love to hear your opinions on it and anything you might know about it. I have no idea how old it is.

Peace out AVS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3953.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	238769   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3954.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	238777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3956.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	238785  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2014, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 585
A quick image Google of PS-1200s shows v2s, v3s and v4s not looking like your sub, so I'm going to suggest that it's a v1.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post
A quick image Google of PS-1200s shows v2s, v3s and v4s not looking like your sub, so I'm going to suggest that it's a v1.
Yeah most likely, I had googled it though but the results have been rather counter-productive. I had a few results that said they were V4s but it looked like mine - whilst others that said they were V4s looked nothing like the others if that makes sense. (http://prntscr.com/4j8qco)

It sounds great though so no complaints if it first gen.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 585
If you're happy with its performance, your £100 was money well-spent.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I used to own the v2 version of the PS1200, this is almost certainly the v1.

My brother had a v1 PS1000 and looked identical to yours.

Fairly impressive amount of bass from a reasonably sized bandpass enclosure - also the PS1200 was my first real subwoofer, so it holds a special place for me. Nice find for the price for sure

Tags
Paradigm , ps-1200 , subwoofer