Hey everyone, I know this is the best site to be asking questions in, so here I go
I recently bought a second hand Morel is9a in working condition (heard it myself), and now it's not!
The chain of events is as follows:
1. Heard the sub working in the seller's place using his system (Marantz AVR).
2. Switched the sub to "off" at the back panel, and disconnecting RCA and power cable.
3. Moved the sub to the trunk of the car (5 door Seat Ibiza).
4. Drove about 35min, with one break being a bit hard, heard the sub 'falling' in the back (was standing, and "fell" about 15 degrees to a position in which it leaned against the back seats).
5. No physical damage whatsover (At least not visible, front or back).
6. Moved the sub from the car to the apartment, removed previously connected subwoofer using the same RCA (conncted to Denon X1000).
7. Switching power cable to the one I got from the seller (working).
Now, this is where the problem starts...
Switched the sub to "On", the green light is steady on (no thump or anything).
Anddddd no sound...
Things I've tried:
1. Switching power cable and RCA cable.
2. Using a splitter.
3. Connecting a 3.5mm mini-pl to 2 RCA from iPhone to the back of the sub.
4. Connecting to a different power socket in another wall.
5. Opening the back of the amp to look for damage... Couldn't see anything burnt, leaking, damaged, disconnected...
One wierd thing that does happen is when I put the sub on "Auto on", and pushing some volume to it (around 45db from the AVR), I hear a "pop" sound, and the subs goes "on" (as in green light, still no sound at all).
Btw, when I say no sound, there's no movement at all of the membrane, so it's not faint, it's off.
Pretty bummed about having to deal with it right after I heard it working and payed for it :\
I would greatly appreciate any advice!
Needless to say... there's no warranty, and I'm trying to avoid sending it to a random speaker fixer, and pay about 50% of the cost on this repair.
Thanks for reading and Thanks in advance for helping!