Subwoofer cuts out - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Subwoofer cuts out

I have a pioneer vsx 1023 AV receiver that I bought used. I found out the mcacc will not work and I belive this to be part of the problem and I'm looking for some help. The problem: when there is a very actiactive scene in a movie the klipsch r12sw shuts off for a split second. I have the receiver x. Over setting at 100hz and the bass on zero along with subwoofer setting at -5 the subwoofer itself is all the way over to the LFE seeing and the gain is half way up. I previously had the vsx 822 k in the same room with klipsch ksw 10 that never once cut out . I have the klipsch synergy quintet iii surround system. I need help. Is there possibly more to the mcacc not working that could cause this issue? The sub is brand new. Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle0215 View Post
I have a pioneer vsx 1023 AV receiver that I bought used. I found out the mcacc will not work and I belive this to be part of the problem and I'm looking for some help. The problem: when there is a very actiactive scene in a movie the klipsch r12sw shuts off for a split second. I have the receiver x. Over setting at 100hz and the bass on zero along with subwoofer setting at -5 the subwoofer itself is all the way over to the LFE seeing and the gain is half way up. I previously had the vsx 822 k in the same room with klipsch ksw 10 that never once cut out . I have the klipsch synergy quintet iii surround system. I need help. Is there possibly more to the mcacc not working that could cause this issue? The sub is brand new. Please help.
I have the same issue on the same sub.
Old Today, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don't think there is anything wrong with the sub. It has to be a sesetting in the receiver, I'm thinking. You may need to get better components. My quintet synergy satellite system bottoms out at 120hz and my receiver goespecially from 100hz to 150hz on the cross over. I am on the verge of buying the reference center that goes down to 88hz so I don't lose any sound be tween the sub and the rest of my system.