Jamo Sub650 Schematic - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By nc4080

post #1 of 4 Old 03-28-2015, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Jamo Sub650 Schematic

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here so if its not where I should be posting please let me know.

I have had a Jamo SUB650 for a couple of years now and am happy with it but in the last month it keeps blowing fuses when i powered it on. It did power on occasionally but only when i very quickly switched it on at the on at the rocker switch. I noticed that the on/off rocker switch for power felt a bit flimsy and cheap so I said to myself i will open the sub up, get to the board and replace the switch with a good load breaking 2 pole switch as i thought it may be causing an arc / inrush at power on.

So i opened it up, and found a couple of burnt capacitors, a burnt resistor and another component which I cannot identify. I would like get get my hands on a schematic so i can replace the components myself but Jamo basically said to contact a distributor in Australia and didn't really want to help.

If anyone here has a schematic for this subwoofer or is able to help me locate one that would be much appreciated.

Here are some pics of the board...

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	298.0 KB
ID:	632769   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	632777   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	632785  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-31-2015, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
If you do a large number of Google searches, you may locate a service manual. Some sites will charge $15-25 to download the manual.

Many manufacturers consider the schematics (in their service manuals) to be proprietary information.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-08-2015, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

After much searching I managed to find the schematics. PM me if anyone would like a copy.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-10-2015, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

BTW, the schematics didn't tell me exactly what values of the resistors or capacitors were. I managed to to a bit of research of my own, bought the parts from element14 and replaced them. I also changed that cheap rocker power switch with a proper load break switch. The sub works like new again.
wwinkler likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Jamo , jamo sub 650 , sub 650 , subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page