AVS Forum banner

Oh snap! Jtr cap 1400

73K views 890 replies 108 participants last post by  Reddig 
#1 ·
$1599 pre-order pricing. Jeff claims within 2 dB of Cap2400. :eek:

#11 ·
Looks like these Ice Amps seems to be selling like Hot Cakes and are helping in cutting the prices down in subs. I cant wait to see some measurements to see how clean and well they perform this summer by Ricci. As far as I know, he hasnt tested any yet since these are new correct?

Reactions: gkf15
#20 ·
If I had to guess the Captivator 1400 is going to be a step above the Echo 18. Both will be home runs at their price points. Jeff is going to get busy I suspect because it seems like subs under 2000.00 tend to sell better...1599.00 pre order pricing will fill fast. If I was in the market for new subs and had a dedicated theater, 4 of these bad boys would be on order in a heart beat.

#46 ·
Yea.. Jeff makes some subs that can take some beatings when pushing them. And yet sound so clean while at It. I know I pushed mines. :) Guess why JTR's (Jeff) takes care the pro audio side too. And pro audio stuff always take beatings in high spl. Not that many ID's do both pro and home.

#59 ·
Yes, it is a very good deal and am strongly considering 2.

On another note...I just joined the KScape owners forum and upon perusing it I saw a member named 7channelfreak and I'm thinking there can't be two people with the same name.

So is it you?

Did you get an Alto?

#61 · (Edited)
We now have full functioning prototypes and everything is looking really good. Attached is an in room (center of demo room), 1/2 meter, raw (no eq) measurement with no smoothing so please take it with a gain of salt. We're not going to use our typical house curve and instead eq for a +/- 1db from 16hz and up. The new amplifier allows for user adjustments so people can dial in the response the way they want from there.

Attachments

#62 ·
I wish I was better at interpreting graphs but what little I (think) I know...this looks good without smoothing. What do the 2 little L like brackets that you added in there mean? Or what are you pointing out?

#63 ·
The left one is at 16hz and the right is at 33hz and they are 2db apart (+/- 1db). The topend rises because of how much motor strength (bl^2/re=256) the driver has and this is really important for sound quality because this with a well designed cabinet gives extremely tight, clean bass.

To calculate motor strength, take the "bl" times the "bl" and divid by the "dcr" (bl^2/re). Sample: bl=10, re= 4 ohm so 10x10/4=25.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.