AVS Forum banner

Outlaw Audio announces it's first new sub in over a decade the Ultra X12

629 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ungoy 
#1 ·
The new Ultra X12 is smaller than the EX and just an inch wider and longer than the LFM-1 Plus yet it outperforms both! New 350 watt amp , longer port to keep the 17hz extension, It beats both in max output. Most interesting to me is the all new "windowpane" bracing incorporated into the cabinet. Taming cabinet resonance , particularly in the critical 60- 65hz mid bass neighborhood , where the previous subs tended to be a bit fat, it should be the most musical sub they've offered. The older models had a single horizontal brace in place of the new multipoint bracing.
http://outlawaudio.com/products/ultra_about.html

#2 ·
The X12 has been out for a few months now. An improved design over previous model. It is in a very competitive price bracket at $700 shipped. Nice value from a long standing reputable company

Not to discount the X12 , but HSU VTF15H is on clearance- if you do not have a hard budget the additional 150 for the HSU is a much better value.

Other subwoofers around the same price point..
SVS PB200 is $800 shipped ( cheaper if you can wait for one to pop up in the outlet, shipping is free both ways ) and the LVR is $563 shipped.

#3 ·
I would be interested in seeing Data-bass.com measure one, to see how its performance differs from the LFM-1 EX when it is so similarly spec'd. I really don't see how they can squeeze more performance out of a mid level 12", especially in the low end from a slightly smaller cabinet.

#4 ·
I don't know how the Ultra X12 compares to the LFM1-EX... I'm just glad I was able to purchase my EX over Black Friday last year when they were closing them out for the X12. Got my EX for $550 shipped. :D I have been interested, though in how the X12 compares side by side, but I haven't been able to find many reviews on it thus far. Expecially ones that compare it to the EX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.