KEF Kube 2 with Pioneer receiver, setup help. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old Today, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
KEF Kube 2 with Pioneer receiver, setup help.

Hello i have Kef's 2005.3 package. My receiver is Pioneer VSX-819. Kef's manual suggests to use 100-120hz crossover on the receiver for the sub . My receiver has 100hz and after that is 150hz so i set it to 100Hz. What about the crossover knob on the sub itself though? Where that should be? There is no clear indication as to where 100hz is on the knob exactly. It ranges from 40hz to 140hz. Which of these settings is the active one? What i mean is if i set crossover for 100hz on the receiver and 140hz on the subwoofer which of the two frequencies is effectively being used? The sound am getting from the sub is not very localized with 100hz on the receiver and around 100hz on the knob. Can somebody clear this up? thanks a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Today, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 39
KEF mentions an LFE mode but not in the manual. The manual shows it connected to the sub out on the AVR to the Left input on the dub, so I'll assume this is the LFE input. In LFE mode, it should bypass the crossover. To be safe, set the crossover on the sub to it's highest setting to get it out of the way. Set phase to 0 and set Eq (bass boost) to 0. On the AVR, set the crossover to 80 or 100.

Randy
post #3 of 7 Old Today, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Hi thanks for the reply. On the back of the receiver there are 2 subwoofer out ports. One of it says subwoofer out and the other one subwoofer preout as shown in the pictures i have attached. Up until now i was using the preout? Is that wrong? Am getting confused. Please help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1106 (1).JPG
Views:	5
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	812378   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1107 (1).JPG
Views:	5
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	812386  
post #4 of 7 Old Today, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiorgos759 View Post
Hi thanks for the reply. On the back of the receiver there are 2 subwoofer out ports. One of it says subwoofer out and the other one subwoofer preout as shown in the pictures i have attached. Up until now i was using the preout? Is that wrong? Am getting confused. Please help.
That's correct. The other one is an input when you use discreet channel outputs from the BD player.

Randy
post #5 of 7 Old Today, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac View Post
That's correct. The other one is an input when you use discreet channel outputs from the BD player.
Thanks for the reply. So just set the crossover on the sub to the maximum and the play with the receiver's settings?
post #6 of 7 Old Today, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 231
More than likely, setting the sub to 100 hz will be OK. The sub preout is for using 7.1 analog thru a BDP.
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post
More than likely, setting the sub to 100 hz will be OK. The sub preout is for using 7.1 analog thru a BDP.
The sub pre-out is for output of the LFE and redirected bass to an external sub amp, on board or out board of the sub. Sub pre-out is where he will connect to the sub's input.

Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers