B&W CM5 SUB possibility - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 7 Old 07-13-2015, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
B&W CM5 SUB possibility

I want to get a great subwoofer for my B&W CM5 speakers, I'm working on upgrading the AMP (any suggestions are fine). But I want a sub that will match the CM5's nicely. I'm using my speakers for only music currently, and I have no set budget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-13-2015, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJL546
I want to get a great subwoofer for my B&W CM5 speakers ... I have no set budget.
Seaton SubMersive HP+.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-13-2015, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 1090
If you have a very flexible budget and can handle a large sub, check out the Deep Sea Sound Mariana 24. The driver was measured to have extremely low distortion. Even though more interest has been shown in this sub by the home theater crowd, it really is an extremely high fidelity subwoofer. If that is too big or expensive for you, I would be looking at the Mariana 18S or if that is still too much, look at theRythmik F15HP.
post #4 of 7 Old 07-13-2015, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
If you have a very flexible budget and can handle a large sub, check out the Deep Sea Sound Mariana 24. The driver was measured to have extremely low distortion. Even though more interest has been shown in this sub by the home theater crowd, it really is an extremely high fidelity subwoofer. If that is too big or expensive for you, I would be looking at the Mariana 18S or if that is still too much, look at theRythmik F15HP.
Hi thanks for your comment I looked them all up and couldn't find them in Australia. So I'm struggling to find the cost of such a sub as well as other specs.

Certain events came up and I now have a budget of $2000, preferably under this budget. I really appreciate the comment, shame those subs looked great.

Thanks

Last edited by KJL546; 07-16-2015 at 02:55 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-17-2015, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am in a similar situation. I recently upgraded my B&W 68X series to a all CM's CM10's CmCentre 2 and cm1's. I was running an Epik Empire until it died and it sounded great. The two subwoofers I keep coming back to areual Hsu Research VTF15hMK2 (two of them shipped is just about 2k) or twin Rythmik FV15HP's. I am having a hard time justifying the extra 1000 dollar cost for the Rythmiks. The biggest reason I prefer the rythmik is they offer the subwoofer in Piano black which is the same finish as my b&w's (dumb reason, but it would be nice to have visually matching subwoofers) Rythmik's are known to be very musical, that being said I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Hsu at Axpona this past Spring and was able to listen to the VTF15hMK2 in person and it sounded absolutely wonder!
post #6 of 7 Old 07-18-2015, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 39
CM5 would be a good match to the SVS SB13 for music. http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/sealed-box/SB13-Ultra
I have one of these subs and it is great paired to a small bookshelf speaker like the CM5

try contacting the distributor in Aus for pricing https://www.finallink.com.au/svsound

If the AUS pricing is over your budget, the larger but cheaper PB12-Plus would be a good choice as well http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/ported-box/pb12-plus

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A

Last edited by warpdrive; 07-18-2015 at 07:06 AM.
post #7 of 7 Unread Today, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 345
I would also like to add PSA. Either the S1500 or XS15se would blend very nicely with your current speakers.

They have an Aussie dealer you might want to take a look at...likewise with Svs products but some of the alternatives already mentioned look mighty tempting as well.

Cheers & good luck...

http://www.deephzaudio.com/

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry & Svs SB13U in sig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page