AVS Forum banner

Klipsch R-112SW vs MartinLogan Dynamoâ?¢ 700W

7K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  dmb12679 
#1 ·
Klipsch R-112SW vs MartinLogan Dynamo™ 700W

I am looking for guidance on which sub to go with. My home setup is as follows
Living room is 18x16x9 (height), which opens up to the kitchen and dining. For cubic foot calculations it is safe to double those dimensions.

Planning to purchase Yamaha A-750 receiver.
Home comes with 4 ceiling speakers (no info on what brand or capacity)
Plan to buy sub and center speaker.

Need input/recommendations on either of these subs
Klipsch R-112SW &
MartinLogan Dynamo 700W

Budget - $500

#5 ·
This thread saves me the time of posting my own, since I have a very similar setup, room size, and budget. Can you guys ellaborate why you would recommend one of the rhythmik/SVS/Klipsch over the other? The smaller diameter SVS PB1000 seems like it's automatically at a disadantage for that size room

#6 ·
Look at the frequency response graphs (rythmik and SVS provide accurate ones) and you'll see both have solid output down to 20hz.

The Klipsch is rated at something in the mid to upper 20s. Real world would be towards the upper end of that range. The ML signs off in the mid 30 hz range, maybe lower 30s depending on room size.

Both the klipsch and the ML are probably not flat- that is they have a tuned in hump in the output around the 50-60hz range to make them sound more powerful.

#16 ·
Where can you get a Klipsch 112 for that price? I'd take it all day at that price. I have not heard older klipsch subs, but many people have comented on the klipsch page and forum that the r-11x line of subs made great improvements over past models. I have no complaints about mine. In fact I have another one coming fed ex today

#18 ·
I just got one for $498 delivered, and I looked for over a month, called many places, and watched the regular sites. Plus I bought my first one a little over a year ago and did the same. I'd be pissed if I could have found one for $389 and missed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.