Hsu VTF-3 MK2 amp trouble - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-03-2016, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hsu VTF-3 MK2 amp trouble

Hi there! I looked around a while and didn't find the answer I was looking for. I fired up the system today and after about 15 seconds smelled that signature nope smoke, so I shut her down and unplugged. I had smoke coming off of the HSU VTF-3 MK2 that I have loved for close to 8 years, so I checked the fuse and it was intact (tested with meter). I pulled the amp and saw a bit of dark meat so I'm in the process of trying to repair. The problem is, I can't seem to find any part numbers or schematics. I was wondering if anyone had the info I was looking for. I have attached some pics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160703_141151.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1525874   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160703_141202.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1525882  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
have you tried calling hsu up and seeing if they have a newer amp that will fit your model? good luck. i have vtf3.3 and it is a 350w amp. the current vtf3 uses a 600w amp like the vtf15. vtf2.3 and .4 use 250w amp. not sure what the vtf3.2 used. anyways, call up and see what they can do.
post #3 of 4 Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
have you tried calling hsu up and seeing if they have a newer amp that will fit your model? good luck. i have vtf3.3 and it is a 350w amp. the current vtf3 uses a 600w amp like the vtf15. vtf2.3 and .4 use 250w amp. not sure what the vtf3.2 used. anyways, call up and see what they can do.
Ya, I probably will, I was just trying to save some money. I appreciate it though.
post #4 of 4 Old Today, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 30
generally, individuals have been better off just contacting Hsu for advice (and likely then purchasing a replacement amp from Hsu).
That is the most straightforward and least expensive option. You can also try to get a replacement amp from a third party such
as Parts Express but the replacement amps may not fit without modification. I have two PE replacement amps that have
worked fine (in different systems). I also have the VTF3 Mark 4 in my main system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page