Phonometer in HT sistem - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-20-2016, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Phonometer in HT sistem

Hi guys, i would know how to use a Galaxy Audio CM-130 Handheld SPL Meter to set my Klipsch Reference Premiere HT system.
I run the AUDYSSEY XT32 but now i would use my New Phonometer... please can you help me guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2016, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1836 Post(s)
Liked: 1406
You'll need a soundcard. Then you'll need a stereo-1/8th mini to mini cable or mini to RCA depending on the card.
Look for a long cable at monoprice if you don't have a laptop to move the computer around. Shop around online for a good deal!

Then you use REW as per standard procedure, I'd start by reading its help file, it shows you step by step.

Make sure to set the meter to C-weighting and inside REW apply the correction file I have attached here:
Attached Files
File Type: zip CM-130-140.zip (471 Bytes, 5 views)

Last edited by BassThatHz; 07-20-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1836 Post(s)
Liked: 1406
If you need a soundcard and don't have one, I'd recommend this:
https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA...ringer+usb+dac

Alternatively you could get a CSL UMIK-1 and not use the CM-130/UCA for REW. It would be more accurate and less fuss.
http://cross-spectrum.com/measuremen...ated_umik.html
You'd still want to keep the CM-130 just to ensure the sens factor/SPL calibration is set correctly for usage in REW. (You'd set REW to C-weighted SPL meter readings mode and the CM-130 to the same, play a 100hz sinewave (do not play lower than 100hz! 1khz is also acceptable to use.), and then note the difference in db's, and then adjust the sens factor in the UMIK cal file until you get the same SPL number with both meters. The sens factor isn't in the CSL cal file, you have to add it from the miniDSP cal file.) Once you do that you never have to do it again (unless you want to ). That will ensure that the SPL reading you get with REW is valid. Otherwise you are putting your faith in miniDSP's china factory of being correct.

If you don't get the same number, more or less, then you've done the SPL calibration wrong. Should be within +-1db if you can.

Last edited by BassThatHz; 07-20-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
but guys which software have to download to do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement