AVS Forum banner

Why no actual driver specs...?

361 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  blake18 
#1 ·
I would absolutely love to know what the detailed drivers specs of ID subs are. I cannot seem to find any. I can't be the only one that would love to know things like Xmax, Xmech, T/S parameters, ohms, Bl motor force, driver weight, spider and magnet details, voice coil diameters, dual or single voice coil, ect...

#2 ·
Have you tried shooting them an email?

#3 ·
Im not sure they'd wanna share that detailed of info. Usually they say the magnet weight or voice coil size. Sometimes more vague like "huge voice coil for high power handling and low power compression". They'll never list the driver Fs and other TS parameters because thats irrelevant in a finished sub. Xmax is such a funny thing to define that they usually only list some like "long throw" or "high excursion". To list an actual number opens them up to scrutiny.

#7 ·
I would absolutely love to know what the detailed drivers specs of ID subs are. I cannot seem to find any. I can't be the only one that would love to know things like Xmax, Xmech, T/S parameters, ohms, Bl motor force, driver weight, spider and magnet details, voice coil diameters, dual or single voice coil, ect...

This is a great idea. I'd like to start an ID subwoofer business. I think JTR should publish all details of every one of their products in this manner.
No need to be rude.

#9 ·
That is a lot of detail, but I really do not see the point. What are you really going to do with that information. The only need I can see is if you where going to take the driver out and use it in a custom box. But really you should just buy a driver on your own since that will be so much cheaper. :confused:

#11 ·
You don't need to share T/S parameters if you sell finished subwoofers. In our case (Rythmik Audio) we sell CI Kits also so we publish some driver T/S parameters so customers can simulate and design their own boxes. The issue with our servo drivers and servo amps is that you will need a proprietary software made by Brian Ding that measure the servo response of the driver and unfortunately we can't share this software with customers due to copyright and patents. So if you use a software like WinISD you won't get the same results as using our proprietary software, it will be close but not 100% accurate.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/DS1500driver.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.