AVS Forum banner

Outlaw X12 vs SVS PB-2000 vs Rythmik LVX12?

10K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  texasninja956 
#1 ·
Lots of good deals floating around right now and I've got some analysis paralysis after reading countless threads and reviews.

Room Details:

• Room is ~3700 cu ft
  • 12.5' ceiling
  • Open on one side into the rest of the house
  • 100% home theater use
  • Buying dual subs
Pricing on my contenders:

• Outlaw - $1000 delivered
  • SVS - ~$1400 delivered (Outlet prices)
  • Rythmik - ~$1500 delivered
The Outlaw's are a smoking deal but you know what they say about regrets. $500 ain't nuthin' though...

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

See less See more
#6 ·
The PB-2000 is a real workhorse. If SVS has the outlet sale this weekend and you can get one for around $650, that's what I would go for. Best warranty, perks and customer service, as well. The one weakness the Outlaw Ultra-X12 has is the ports. Running in ax extension you only have a single 3" port open. That's where a problem with port noise can arise with intense LFE. A 3" port really isn't sufficient when things get down and dirty. Even the 10" PB-1000 has a larger port size.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Hone theater use and a large area to fill is a double whammy against the small, sealed SB12-NSD's.:(

#13 ·
I own the Outlaw LFM-1 plus and it is a big boy sub! Hits low, doesn't distort and hs incredible output! The X12 is the newer version of that sub. Very good rep as a subwoofer maker.

#14 ·
Thanks everyone for your input. I was waiting to see if any new deals popped up at SVS before making a decision. I just pulled the trigger on two of the Outlaws. Price and aesthetics as well as performance that should suit my needs tipped the scales. It is REALLY easy to start down the path of "for just a few dollars more I could get..." :)

#15 ·
True...however, I can say from personal experience...that you can also go cheap and be dissapointed. look at me...I got a SLS 8 inch sub, the ML dynamo 500, the Klispch synergy and the Klipsch Rw12d that ain't worth the ugly carpet they sit on! With that in mind, i saw with confidence that they really aren't too many good subwoofers under 500 bills! I spent way over 500 dollars to find that out...

Reactions: ncracing
#19 ·
Was hoping the ultra x12’s would go on sale but oh well... pulled the trigger on some pb2000’s! Hopefully they don’t disappoint!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.