LG SH3B Soundbar low/mids fading out and in - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-13-2017, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LG SH3B Soundbar low/mids fading out and in

Hey guys,

First post, hoping someone can help me. I just got this soundbar a couple weeks ago (LG SH3B) and I have noticed that the soundbar has this weird tendency to have what sounds like either the bass and the sub, or the low/mid range, completely sucked out of the sound for a period of 3-8 seconds. It fades back in after 5 to 10 seconds but not before my wife and I give eachother looks of 'did we just hear that?'.

I literally have no idea what's causing this.. I've tried changing from ADS to Standard t Cinema modes, it still does it. I tried changing from DTS neo 2.5 to PCM sound mode on my Samsung LED, and that seemed to help, but the issue doesn't seem to have gone away completely. It doesn't happen when I bluetooth/stream music to the soundbar, only when playing video playback (it seems). It just sounds like the life is sucked out of the sound for a small period of time, like it has absolutely 0 pop, then goes back to normal.

I'm running a samsung UN46H5203 with the soundbar, connected via optical cable from TV to sound bar. The issue is happening seemingly regardless of the source: AppleTV (3) connected via HDMI, or SurfacePro3 to TV via HDMI. Also happens on youtube vids via AppleTV. The only time we haven't seen it happen is streaming content (movies) from our iMac to the AppleTV via Beamer... just haven't seemed to notice it ever happen during movies.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? If I can't get a fix for it or figure out what causes it I'm inclined to return it as part of the 30 day in store warranty. I'm otherwise happy with the sound of it, but obviously don't want this issue to persist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-13-2017, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 4631
Try the soundbar forum.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2017, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sorry! will do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page