AVS Forum banner

Is there a more destructive low bass song to be had?!

12K views 169 replies 43 participants last post by  David Charles 
#1 ·
I'm pretty new into the subwoofer realm and while I wouldn't say I'm a total basshead, I do like a good back massage once in a while :)

I've been going through different tracks trying to find some material that really makes my walls shake and test smy new PSA v3601.

4 tracks that I've found to really rock the foundation are:
1. Sub bass excursion- basstronics. This track makes my windows flex in my downstairs living room more than anything ever heard.
2. Bass out- techmaster PEB
3. How low- " ludacris" low bass. Better than da club :)
4. Saint Saens organ CD (Boston symphony)

Thoughts on others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#123 ·
I'm going through the colorful vibrations album right now. Only 2 songs in but I really like this. Thanks for the recommendation

Reactions: uniquepattern
#13 · (Edited)
I play 3 types of same electro bass music from basstronics album and those making me smile.
1.Asteroid Belt(original 35 hz music)
2.Asteroid Belt(29 hz music)
3.Asteroid Belt(25 hz music) anyhow this 25 hz sound level coming too low from my sub but giving me vibration feeling more.I don't know what your subs(system) can produce this 25 hz song.

Another best music from basstronics for me
"Sub Under Attack"

#19 ·
Reactions: uniquepattern
#29 ·
I'll add that I'm listing to "it's nothing" from wiz right now at reference and it has some great lower chest slam bass. I'd like to know what frequency it hits at. Very fun

#45 ·
I'm trying to post my video of curtain shaker at reference volume but it won't let me! Tried avs.com and taptalk with no luck. They won't upload...

#47 ·

Okay I just did it on YouTube. I'll turn it up tomarrow and give you guys a little more impressive video but that was just at refrence (subs 6db hot, MV-6).

#56 ·
Destructive, or simply jaw dropping? I'm too old to enjoy something that busts my ear drums or my speakers.... :}

"Train song" by Holly Cole

"Vibratoire" by Biosphere

"Anchor States Pt 2" by Stars of the Lid

\\ Sent from my mobile device //

#61 ·
Judging by the video Newc33 posted, he could play sine wave tones all day at that level and not hurt a damn thing. One of the major benefits of having lots of voice coils in a system with ass loads of power. His system at -6 is like most people's system at -30 comparing power draw and excursion requirements.

#63 ·
I did a ULF card on Newc33's room a while back, and it was of course heaps above reference down to 10Hz, with room gain he might be fully capable to DC. It's too bad he wasn't able to finish compression sweeps, because I'd love to know where his ceiling is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.