AVS Forum banner

ELAC Debut 12SEQ sub calibration question

487 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  brireeves629 
#1 ·
Quick question to other ELAC Debut subwoofer owners / users.
I have my ELAC Debut S12EQ sub set up several months now paired with Wharfedale Jade 3 bookshelf speakers and the combo sound great - currently being driven by a Denon AVR X4000. I completed the set up using the app near the sub and again at the listening positions, however the subwoofer is sitting directly on the concrete floor of my basement.
I just recently purchased and installed an Auralex Subdude HT isolation pad between the floor and the subwoofer and it really has tightened up the bass by de-coupling the subwoofer from the floor and walls.
My question is this: Do I have to now perform another app calibration setup at the subwoofer and at the listening positions after this isolation pad install or does the original set up take care of the room and another recalibration is not necessary? Thanks in advance to all responding members.:)

#3 ·
Well, since it's debatable on whether or not subwoofer isolation pads actually do anything...whether or not you need to perform another calibration could be debated as well. :)

Reactions: BGLeduc
#4 ·
Quick question to other ELAC Debut subwoofer owners / users.

I have my ELAC Debut S12EQ sub set up several months now paired with Wharfedale Jade 3 bookshelf speakers and the combo sound great - currently being driven by a Denon AVR X4000. I completed the set up using the app near the sub and again at the listening positions, however the subwoofer is sitting directly on the concrete floor of my basement.

I just recently purchased and installed an Auralex Subdude HT isolation pad between the floor and the subwoofer and it really has tightened up the bass by de-coupling the subwoofer from the floor and walls.

My question is this: Do I have to now perform another app calibration setup at the subwoofer and at the listening positions after this isolation pad install or does the original set up take care of the room and another recalibration is not necessary? Thanks in advance to all responding members.:)

How do you like the Elaq sub? I am looking closely at one to purchase, but haven't found a ton of reviews for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.