AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill View Post
In case anyone else has this issue:

Just an update -- it seems like the when the Edge is passing the video signal of the SMS-1, the Sony refuses to play nice. Even if I set the output resolution to 480p or 780p on the Edge, locked/unlocked the framerate, on/off with HDCP, etc., etc.

So I took the Edge out of the signal chain and plugged the SMS-1 video straight into my Onkyo SR805 -- and then the projector into the HDMI out on the 805. That worked ... so all is good. Odd though that the Edge somehow won't pass (or the Sony won't accept) the signal.
I agree it seems odd, but obviously it happens. I am happy to hear all is well now.

When in comes to audio there are seldom right and wrong answers.  The opinions of "experts" are just that, and should be used as a suggestion only.  Remember at the end of the day it is your money, your system, and you will need to listen to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9632 of 9632 Old Today, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse View Post
If you were to look at the speaker cone, does it move back and forth (breathing in and out) while sitting idle?
Yes--the excursion is not large but I can see it moving. It stops for a few seconds then starts again until the red light on the control box goes out, then it stops completely.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Velodyne Acoustics , Velodyne Impact 10 10 Subwoofer , Velodyne Wiconnect 10 Wireless Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 8 8 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 10 10 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 12 12 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 15 15 Subwoofer , Velodyne

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page