* Offical Velodyne Support Thread * - Page 336 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
post #10051 of 10053 Unread Today, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by nek View Post
I can get a DD15 plus relatively cheap but it may be a bit big for my room - I will only use it for music - no movies so was wandering to go down the dd12 route and possibly add another dd12 at a later date - would i be losing out on low end wobble if i pick the dd12 plus over the Velodyne DD15 plus??
The DD12plus has a frequency response of 17Hz at minus 3dB and 10.2Hz overall. In a room up to 5000 cubic feet, you should be fine. I run dual DDP10s in my set up and am extremely satisfied.

When in comes to audio there are seldom right and wrong answers.  The opinions of "experts" are just that, and should be used as a suggestion only.  Remember at the end of the day it is your money, your system, and you will need to listen to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10052 of 10053 Unread Today, 10:39 AM
nek

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
DD10+ with Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse View Post
The DD12plus has a frequency response of 17Hz at minus 3dB and 10.2Hz overall. In a room up to 5000 cubic feet, you should be fine. I run dual DDP10s in my set up and am extremely satisfied.
Hi Rob,

I'm going to test a DD10+ at my place hopefully within the next week - my room size is only around 2200 cubic feet, I only require 2.1 channels and have Kef R900's as fronts

I use a Mac for my music listening using Jriver

I hear the Velodyne DSP is not compatible with a mac - is this right? - is there a work around this

Ken
post #10053 of 10053 Unread Today, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by nek View Post
Hi Rob,

I'm going to test a DD10+ at my place hopefully within the next week - my room size is only around 2200 cubic feet, I only require 2.1 channels and have Kef R900's as fronts

I use a Mac for my music listening using Jriver

I hear the Velodyne DSP is not compatible with a mac - is this right? - is there a work around this

Ken
By the DSP I assume you are speaking about the room calibration software and not the subwoofer's internal digital signal processing chipset which is independent of any external system. The Digital Drive Room Management system functions in two modes. The first or legacy mode does not require any computer system, the subwoofer's video output can be connected to your monitor allowing you to utilize the GUI and remote to control the system. The second mode via the supplied software, which is windows based. If you are unable to utilize a PC during the setup (which is the only time you need this) then most Mac users are able to run this with the windows emulator.

When in comes to audio there are seldom right and wrong answers.  The opinions of "experts" are just that, and should be used as a suggestion only.  Remember at the end of the day it is your money, your system, and you will need to listen to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Velodyne Acoustics , Velodyne Impact 10 10 Subwoofer , Velodyne Wiconnect 10 Wireless Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 8 8 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 10 10 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 12 12 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 15 15 Subwoofer , Velodyne

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page