* Offical Velodyne Support Thread * - Page 338 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 17Likes
post #10111 of 10122 Old 08-22-2015, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Question

G'Day ... I have a DPS-12 (manufactured Sept 06) that stopped working a couple years ago and has since been in storage as I don't what to do with it ... it still looks mint cosmetically, and I did pay over 5 bills for it when it was new, and am reluctant to just toss it. I have two other Velo's of the same vintage which work fine. In any case, on the day the DPS-12 'died', it had turned on normally, with the usual indicator lights lit up ... however, there was no sound, and after about 5 - 10 mins, it made a popping noise (from the driver) and turned itself off. The behaviour repeats with each attempt to power it on again. From casual perusing of the forums, it appears that there are known issues with the DPS. Any insight or suggestions (eg; plate amp or fuse issues) would be gratefully appreciated. Matt H.

HiDef S c o p e Fanboy-man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10112 of 10122 Old 08-23-2015, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
SC-1250 Mute issue

I have a brand new SC-1250 amplifier with one SC-10 passive sub, I have noticed the amp to "mute" the output when the audio signal is very low (but still present). This is not an issue with the Auto On/Off feature because the amp stay ON all the time, it's something related to the output. This issue cause bad listening experience a low level because there is still some bass to reproduce and when the amp goes to mute, we can hear an audible cut in the bass. I am wondering if my amp is DOA or if this is a normal behavior with those amp, in that case, Velodyne should really work to fix that because it break the please of low volume listening experience. Please help.
post #10113 of 10122 Old 08-24-2015, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Manual needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse View Post
It is possible to modify the cross-overs or remove them. PM me your email address and I will forward you the service manual.
I tried sending you a PM for the manual, but the rules require 15 posts before I can do so and I don't qualify because I'm a reader, not a talker.

Is there a way to get the info on the crossovers and a schematic for a ULD 15A7 Series II servo?
post #10114 of 10122 Old 08-25-2015, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Velodyne MiniVee10 finally went out, I took it to a shop and they determined that its the motherboard assy Pt#84-0044_Rev_. Do you still sell this part and if you do how much is it? What would it cost to swap entire amp for a rebuilt one?
post #10115 of 10122 Old 08-26-2015, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatredaz View Post
The amp and woofer where replaced twice within the 2 warranty period, so it is now out of warranty. It was August 2013 on the sticker after it was replaced, they replaced the woofer about a year afterwards, Last May 2014, so they said it is out of warranty, but I will look into to confirm the actual 1 year period from the last date they repaired it.

I'd be willing to install a thermal curcuit breaker if you can suggest one, I've heard studios do this in their monitors to keep them from constantly blowing woofers etc, although tweeters use a different approach, but thermal circuit breakers might be something I'd need to install if necessary, cause the sub can get hot to the touch after 10-15 mins etc, though the amp shuts it off no issues, the excess heat already heats the Woofers voice coil, so I let it cool down for 10 mins, I've done this several times but would like for the woofer to shut off before it reaches those temps.
I apologize for the delayed response, I have been away due to a family situation....

In my capacity I am unable to make any recommendations when it comes to altering the subwoofer from its manufactured state.

When in comes to audio there are seldom right and wrong answers.  The opinions of "experts" are just that, and should be used as a suggestion only.  Remember at the end of the day it is your money, your system, and you will need to listen to it.
post #10116 of 10122 Old 08-26-2015, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pml73 View Post
Hello there good folks,

I have a Velodyne HGS10BGE. Manufactured in sep 15, 2000. #60259505 .

Now, I havent used it for awhile since it starts to hammer hard for about five minutes everytime I turn the power on. Then it calmes itself down. But still have a very low hum or more like a sound like wind through a tunnel, still very low dB though.

To my questions, I have opened it and checked visually throughout. Nothing seams out of order. But I start to think the problem has something to do with the servo/control.

1. How can I make sure that the piezomic is in fixed place and working proparly?
2. Does these issues emply other faults?
3. Who else could fix this?
4. Whats the cost for a newer version of this sub?

I am very fond of the HGS for its size and output, I would like to get it running again.

Thanks again for a great forum.
/pml
I apologize for the delayed response, I have been away due to a family situation....

There are a few things going on here. First the "hammering" would you maybe describe this akin to an outboard motor noise with the driver vibrating, or a violent noise with the driver trying to jump out of the cabinet? Second, the HGS series subwoofer will almost always have a light white noise sound that is especially pronounced when your ear is close to the subwoofer. In most rooms, with normal ambient noise, this should not be heard from more than 3-4 feet away.

When in comes to audio there are seldom right and wrong answers.  The opinions of "experts" are just that, and should be used as a suggestion only.  Remember at the end of the day it is your money, your system, and you will need to listen to it.
post #10117 of 10122 Old 08-26-2015, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientcafe View Post
G'Day ... I have a DPS-12 (manufactured Sept 06) that stopped working a couple years ago and has since been in storage as I don't what to do with it ... it still looks mint cosmetically, and I did pay over 5 bills for it when it was new, and am reluctant to just toss it. I have two other Velo's of the same vintage which work fine. In any case, on the day the DPS-12 'died', it had turned on normally, with the usual indicator lights lit up ... however, there was no sound, and after about 5 - 10 mins, it made a popping noise (from the driver) and turned itself off. The behaviour repeats with each attempt to power it on again. From casual perusing of the forums, it appears that there are known issues with the DPS. Any insight or suggestions (eg; plate amp or fuse issues) would be gratefully appreciated. Matt H.

The DPS series subwoofer did not have any known issue if by that you mean manufacturing defect that caused an abnormal number of failures. It does however have two common failure modes when an instance occurs. What you are describing is not one of those common symptoms, however is still likely electronics related. If you can still acquire an electronics pack or find a repair shop willing to work on the unit it might be worth repairing. Unfortunately I cannot provide much more insight as the typical repair on this unit is to either replace the touch pad (not your issue) or to replace the electronics pack.

post #10118 of 10122 Old 08-26-2015, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstone View Post
I have a brand new SC-1250 amplifier with one SC-10 passive sub, I have noticed the amp to "mute" the output when the audio signal is very low (but still present). This is not an issue with the Auto On/Off feature because the amp stay ON all the time, it's something related to the output. This issue cause bad listening experience a low level because there is still some bass to reproduce and when the amp goes to mute, we can hear an audible cut in the bass. I am wondering if my amp is DOA or if this is a normal behavior with those amp, in that case, Velodyne should really work to fix that because it break the please of low volume listening experience. Please help.

This is an issue that I have not heard before with the SC-1250 amplifier. With the class D amplifiers sometimes when the input signal level is below a particular threshold the amplifier will treat it as no signal being present. There are some adjustments that can be done to your system settings to try to minimize this.
  • Ensure the SC-1250 amplifier is set to the SC-10 subwoofer setting.
  • Try using a splitter to feed both the left and right input
  • Set your main speakers to small with the cross-over at 80-100 Hz
  • Set your LFE gain to 0dB or higher
  • Try setting the subwoofer channel 3-4 dB louder than the main channel
  • If you have full range speakers you can also experiment setting the speakers to Large, and set the LFE to both
If you continue to have problems contact service@velodyne.com for additional support.

post #10119 of 10122 Old 08-26-2015, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimafm View Post
I tried sending you a PM for the manual, but the rules require 15 posts before I can do so and I don't qualify because I'm a reader, not a talker.

Is there a way to get the info on the crossovers and a schematic for a ULD 15A7 Series II servo?
I have sent you a PM

post #10120 of 10122 Old 08-26-2015, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorWithWood View Post
My Velodyne MiniVee10 finally went out, I took it to a shop and they determined that its the motherboard assy Pt#84-0044_Rev_. Do you still sell this part and if you do how much is it? What would it cost to swap entire amp for a rebuilt one?
Please contact support@velodyne.com for current service parts pricing and availability.

post #10121 of 10122 Old Today, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone, I have an SP1000 and the other day I began to get static and odd noises without making any changes to the environment. Basic research suggests the amp needs to be replaced. I'm tech savy and handy, but cannot solder etc. Is this a replacement I can do on my own? If not, given that I live in NY, is there a place you know of who could fix this? Finally, any idea of associated costs would be great. This sub has been phenomenal over the years and was somewhat costly, so I'd like to breath new life into her. Thanks!
post #10122 of 10122 Unread Today, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Velodyne DLS-5000R

Velodyne DLS-5000R
believe that the internal panel amp has failed. The unit still powers on (front panel lights on, etc.), but the only sound produced by the sub is a static like crackling sound when either a preamp output or a speaker connect signal is applied.

Hello Rob,

I while back you helped a guy with this sub and I believe I have the exact same problem.. I was wondering what he did to fix his unit. you sent him a schematic on how to fix his unit.. I was just wondering if you still had it and if you still had his email address anywhere so I could ask him.

Thanks
Matt

user _crankn_ . 11-03-2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Velodyne Acoustics , Velodyne Impact 10 10 Subwoofer , Velodyne Wiconnect 10 Wireless Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 8 8 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 10 10 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 12 12 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 15 15 Subwoofer , Velodyne