* Offical Velodyne Support Thread * - Page 339 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #10141 of 10164 Old 11-07-2015, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Good day:

I live in Mexico so i don't have at reach any service center for checking if my velodyne impact 12 died so i'm asking for your kind help:

Today i noticed bass was lacking and i discovered that my subwoofer was not thumping anymore. I rechecked settings, test tone, cabling, power cord sources but it doesn't make any bass no more. I even connected my iPod directly and there was no sound, just the standby indicator was in green as it used to switch when working but no sound was coming out of it, not even a hum. Standby light goes red after i switch off my receiver so it may be a hint of what's going on.

Tomorrow i will test with my old kenwood receiver to discard a receiver failure but i'm pretty sure my sub died somehow. I've checked Veoldyne's official support page and the only official Dealer is at the most hipster district of the city so: i'm pretty sure it will be a waste of time and money to ask for help over there.

Anyone with the same failure? how much it its worth to pay for repairing? in case of no repairs possible: any substitute recommendation to match this sub (Not velodyne's since support is inexistent in here) in the same price range or below if any?

Thanks in advance and sorry if redaction is incorrect: english is not my native language

price paid: about 700 USD current exchange rate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10142 of 10164 Old 12-03-2015, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 67
On a regular, but unpredictable basis, my DD-18+ makes a pop sound. Oddly enough, it's more noticeable when I watch a movie at low volume than when the action is heavy. Replaying the same scene, the sounds is not produced. I've noticed it once happening within 10 minutes apart, which I thought was strange.

I suspect it's the subwoofer coming on and immediately having to drive the speaker, but I don't recall it making this sound when I first got it a few months ago.

Any suggestions on settings or next steps? Thanks!

Abstract yourself!
post #10143 of 10164 Old 12-03-2015, 08:48 PM

On a regular, but unpredictable basis, my DD-18+ makes a pop sound. Oddly enough, it's more noticeable when I watch a movie at low volume than when the action is heavy. Replaying the same scene, the sounds is not produced. I've noticed it once happening within 10 minutes apart, which I thought was strange.

I suspect it's the subwoofer coming on and immediately having to drive the speaker, but I don't recall it making this sound when I first got it a few months ago.

Abstract yourself!
post #10144 of 10164 Old 12-04-2015, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
It seems Velodyne has dropped the ball on this thread.. No answers to questions since late September when Rob left. It seems that us velo owners are stuck with calling velodyne for answers.
post #10145 of 10164 Old 12-14-2015, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper_75 View Post
Model: CHT-12QR BVE
Serial:693351184

Electric board: E230194 HX-008 (94VO)

Hi!!

I live in Sweden Europe and have a Velodyne that I am very happy with. Unfortunetly it suddenly was dead, I disassembled it and found a burnt curcuit board. I can not tell why but maybe due to bad contact between the connector that is for the woofer. It is badly burnt there anyway.

I would like to get this unit fixed and I wonder if you can help me out to get my hands on a new circuit board.

thank´s in advance for a reply in this issue. Also sorry for my poor english!!

Best regards Jesper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionelungurean View Post
Hi guys
To start off,a few nights ago my Velodyne CHT 12QR woke me up with a very loud noise similar to a static noise,about 3am,i unplugged it and the next morning i opened it up to discover what you will see in the pictures attached.
The subwoofer was not working and it was in stand by as usual.
The problem is that is out of waranty and i would like to repair it.
I do have some knowledge about electronics but my problem is that i cannot identify the value of 2 of the components from that board.
It's the amp board that cracked.
Having a look at the board on the photos bellow...there is a power relay that i can identify but next to that there is an resistor and an capacitor that i cannot see the value of them.
The resistor is cracked and not visible the value on it and the capacitor is actually blown apart(only legs left there)
The board model itself is E230194 HX-008
The resistor number on the board is R39
and the capacitor number on board is C27
If there is someone that can help please so i could identify the values of those 2 parts(capacitor and the resistor) i would apreciate as i love that subwoofer and i would like to keep bring it bacl to life.
Thank you and please,if any one have same model sub or knows the values of those 2 parts please let me know so i could replace them.
I cannot see anything else damaged on that board but first i would try my luck to replace those 3 parts(the relay that i know the value and the resistor and transistor that in dont know the values.
Thanks again and please let me know if any one knows something of them 2 parts.
Hi,
I am Polish and I have the same problem as Jesper_75 and Ionelungurean

Two elements on the electronics board burned.
There are a capacitor C27 and a resistor R39. I would like to replace them but do not know their value.
Can anyone give the values of Capacitor C27 and resistor R39?
Does anyone have a wiring diagram?

Is it possible to purchase new electronics board and how much it cost?

In Poland we do not have good VELODYNE service.

best regards
Grzegorz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0332.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	416.4 KB
ID:	1119866   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0329.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	1119874   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0327.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	1119882  
post #10146 of 10164 Old 12-14-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper_75 View Post
Model: CHT-12QR BVE
Serial:693351184

Electric board: E230194 HX-008 (94VO)

Hi!!

I live in Sweden Europe and have a Velodyne that I am very happy with. Unfortunetly it suddenly was dead, I disassembled it and found a burnt curcuit board. I can not tell why but maybe due to bad contact between the connector that is for the woofer. It is badly burnt there anyway.

I would like to get this unit fixed and I wonder if you can help me out to get my hands on a new circuit board.

thank´s in advance for a reply in this issue. Also sorry for my poor english!!

Best regards Jesper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionelungurean View Post
Hi guys
To start off,a few nights ago my Velodyne CHT 12QR woke me up with a very loud noise similar to a static noise,about 3am,i unplugged it and the next morning i opened it up to discover what you will see in the pictures attached.
The subwoofer was not working and it was in stand by as usual.
The problem is that is out of waranty and i would like to repair it.
I do have some knowledge about electronics but my problem is that i cannot identify the value of 2 of the components from that board.
It's the amp board that cracked.
Having a look at the board on the photos bellow...there is a power relay that i can identify but next to that there is an resistor and an capacitor that i cannot see the value of them.
The resistor is cracked and not visible the value on it and the capacitor is actually blown apart(only legs left there)
The board model itself is E230194 HX-008
The resistor number on the board is R39
and the capacitor number on board is C27
If there is someone that can help please so i could identify the values of those 2 parts(capacitor and the resistor) i would apreciate as i love that subwoofer and i would like to keep bring it bacl to life.
Thank you and please,if any one have same model sub or knows the values of those 2 parts please let me know so i could replace them.
I cannot see anything else damaged on that board but first i would try my luck to replace those 3 parts(the relay that i know the value and the resistor and transistor that in dont know the values.
Thanks again and please let me know if any one knows something of them 2 parts.
Hi,

There are a capacitor C27 and a resistor R39. I would like to replace them but do not know their value.

best regards
Grzegorz
post #10147 of 10164 Old 12-14-2015, 01:57 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindmillPL View Post
Hi,

best regards
Grzegorz
Hi there Windmill!

I still have mine Velodyne and I remember that it was badly burnt around the area where the element is connected to it.

To be honest I do not even now or remember if I still have the PCB, I think that I just put it back inside when I reassembled the amp.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any requests, oskar_67 "at" hotmail.com

I replaced my Velodyne with 4 AE speakers 18" IB elements that I have mounted in the roof of my living room!
post #10148 of 10164 Old 12-15-2015, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Looking for a little help on the best way to hook up two SMS-1's. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I'm using 3 Danley DTS-10 subs, 2 on the front wall and one on the back wall. The 2 on the front wall are controlled by one DTS-10 while the one in the back of the room is controlled by the other.

I am using each SMS independently, trying to set phase, and getting everything to play nice. After I get everything running as good as I can I run audyssey on my Marantz 8802A.

Then when checking what Audyssey did it seems to have messed with the phase on one of the SMS-1's and made the response out of whack.

If I daisy chain the SMS units together what actually will this do? Does it make it so I can eq each unit independently and then make them play nicer as one total unit? I'm not sure how daisy chaining them together will or if it helps in my situation.

post #10149 of 10164 Old 12-23-2015, 11:50 PM

Does anyone know what is the type, brand and model of the microphone which is added to the subwoofer Velodyne CHT-12QR? I bought a used subwoofer but unfortunately there is no microphone.
The microphone looks like picture bellow

[IMG][/IMG]
Windmill PL

Last edited by WindmillPL; 12-24-2015 at 02:41 PM.
post #10150 of 10164 Old 12-25-2015, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Popping/Thumping Noise with 15-inch DD+

After researching online for weeks, I am completely stumped with this problem. My DD+ makes either a "thumping" or "popping" sound intermittently. I can discern no clear pattern - it happens seemingly randomly. The thump can be quite loud, the pops not so much. Sometimes there is a high-volume LFE signal, sometimes not, when the noise happens. I can crank the volume sometimes and get perfect performance. The noise happens with all sources, but perhaps more so with my Xbox One.

The subwoofer is on the same AC circuit as the separates, but connected to a different outlet. I've already replaced the DD+ amplifier; switched to a Better Cables 16.4 feet Silver Serpent Subwoofer Cable; and installed a Blue Jeans Subwoofer Isolation Transformer / Hum Eliminator. For other reasons, I also just replaced my Yamaha receiver with Yamaha separates (CX-A5100 and 5000).

To my chagrin, the problem persists and I am pulling out what little remains of my hair. I will make a contribution to the favorite charity of whoever can help me with this! Thanks for any ideas and guidance.
post #10151 of 10164 Old 12-25-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorg View Post

I have a similar problem with my 15" DD+ - see my post below. Have you had any luck?
post #10152 of 10164 Old 12-25-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisGJ View Post
I have a similar problem with my 15" DD+ - see my post below. Have you had any luck?
I sent a recording of the pop to my installer who was going to reach out to Velodyne, but haven't heard back yet. In the meantime, I noticed something similar to you and that is with playing XBox 360, the popping happens quite frequently. I think it may have to do with the high end on the low-frequency scale. The game I was playing had a continuous low hum. Similar to you, the more LFE action there is, the less the problem is audible (but then again, I might just not be hearing it with all the bass action going on).

I'll report back when I know more from the installer.

Abstract yourself!
post #10153 of 10164 Old 12-29-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:
I sent a recording of the pop to my installer who was going to reach out to Velodyne, but haven't heard back yet. In the meantime, I noticed something similar to you and that is with playing XBox 360, the popping happens quite frequently. I think it may have to do with the high end on the low-frequency scale. The game I was playing had a continuous low hum. Similar to you, the more LFE action there is, the less the problem is audible (but then again, I might just not be hearing it with all the bass action going on).

Bjorg, a long shot, but try using one of the Velodyne presets (I selected one using the Velodyne remote). Hours later, I haven't yet heard a pop or thump. Could be a coincidence.

I also have my installer visiting today, but I'm afraid he and his team are stumped. Will advise.
post #10154 of 10164 Old 12-29-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:

Bjorg, a long shot, but try using one of the Velodyne presets (I selected one using the Velodyne remote). Hours later, I haven't yet heard a pop or thump. Could be a coincidence.

I also have my installer visiting today, but I'm afraid he and his team are stumped. Will advise.
post #10155 of 10164 Old 12-30-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:

Good suggestion. I'll have to try it out!

Abstract yourself!
post #10156 of 10164 Old 01-12-2016, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Does anyone know what is the type, brand and model of the microphone which is added to the subwoofer Velodyne CHT-12QR? I bought a used subwoofer but unfortunately there is no microphone.
Is there really no one can help me?
It seems that Velodyne is quite popular subwoofer.
post #10157 of 10164 Old 01-12-2016, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Is there really no one can help me?
It seems that Velodyne is quite popular subwoofer.
post #10158 of 10164 Old 01-13-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Hi,

best regards
Grzegorz
Hi,
From the Polish Velodyne distributor, I got a new amplifier module.
I plugged it, but unfortunately the subwoofer still not working.
When I turn on the display shows the number 112. Is this the error code? And what does it mean?
post #10159 of 10164 Old 01-19-2016, 02:33 AM

A very common problem (see attach).

So, two questions for Velodyne offsupport:
1. What's wrong with your engineers?
2. And where now to find this PCB?

Velodyne, "thanks" for my dead sub! This is a "great gift" for my approaching birthday (12 February).
From Russia with "love".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0018.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	1194082   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0022.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	1194090  
post #10160 of 10164 Old 01-19-2016, 07:02 AM

Velodyne DD 15 rattling noise

Hi guys!

I have a Velodyne DD 15 and maybe someone came across such problem - the subwoofer started to produce rattling sounds when running through sweep tones at the lowest frequencies.

Had the amp plate serviced and upgraded by Velodyne several years ago (special thanks to Rob Morse), so I suspect it is a driver issue. But I can be wrong.

Any suggestions?
post #10161 of 10164 Old 01-25-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Good suggestion. I'll have to try it out!
Hi - did you have a chance to try this? It still seems to work for me. When popping noises return - every couple of weeks or so, I reset the Velodyne EQ and the noise abates. Coincidence? Dunno.

Did your installer have any suggestions?

Thanks!
post #10162 of 10164 Old 01-26-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Hi - did you have a chance to try this? It still seems to work for me. When popping noises return - every couple of weeks or so, I reset the Velodyne EQ and the noise abates. Coincidence? Dunno.
Alas, no luck. I reset the EQ curve to flat and less than 5 minutes later, I got a loud pop. I'm convinced there's something wrong with the unit. Unfortunately, I've been traveling a bit, so I haven't been able to sync'up with the installer to take a look at it. For now, the unit is turned off as it has become unusable.

Abstract yourself!
post #10163 of 10164 Old 01-27-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Alas, no luck.
Shucks, I had my fingers crossed for you. Very strange problem. As I mentioned in a previous post, I've replaced everything from the receiver to the DD+ amplifier to no avail. I'll keep researching this. I love the thing when it works properly.
post #10164 of 10164 Old 01-27-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Shucks, I had my fingers crossed for you. Very strange problem. As I mentioned in a previous post, I've replaced everything from the receiver to the DD+ amplifier to no avail. I'll keep researching this. I love the thing when it works properly.
Thanks. I love it too, but the pop noise just sucks. It feels like a static charge is building up and then suddenly releases. I can't imagine it being an upstream equipment issue. It has to be inside the unit itself.

Abstract yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Velodyne Acoustics , Velodyne Impact 10 10 Subwoofer , Velodyne Wiconnect 10 Wireless Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 8 8 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 10 10 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 12 12 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 15 15 Subwoofer , Velodyne