* Offical Velodyne Support Thread * - Page 347 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 28Likes

post #10381 of 10401 Old 02-18-2017, 04:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I have a CHT-10Q for a while now, and now notice that when I fully power down the sub with the on/off switch, after switching on again maybe the next day, the sub sometimes resets/changes the low pass crossover setting and volume ( and possibly the Auto EQ) on the display compared to when I had it on previously. Is there an issue with some memory chip in the sub which stores this info which is somehow failing once the sub is turned off? The reason I suspect that the Auto EQ value has also changed (or reset to default) is the sub sounded softer at the calibrated volume (say 30 on the sub) when this happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10382 of 10401 Old 02-21-2017, 01:41 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I have Velodyne HGS-10 sub and its amp is faulty. Is there an amp plate that could be used as replacement that will fit the case?
post #10383 of 10401 Old 02-23-2017, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Please help!!

I have a cht-12qr that I tried to upgrade slightly with better caps to make it future proof but now I get like a static discharge on the sub and the DC offset is like 12v!! All I have plugged in the the power supply and the main amp unit not the pre amp.

The voltages measure 71 to 73v volts on the main power input and the side input is 12v which I think is also the audio input.

Is the 12v dc correct? Does anyone know whats going on? All I did was change a few caps! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20170224_001.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	1989593  

post #10384 of 10401 Old 02-24-2017, 04:22 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmzy View Post
Please help!!

I have a cht-12qr that I tried to upgrade slightly with better caps to make it future proof but now I get like a static discharge on the sub and the DC offset is like 12v!! All I have plugged in the the power supply and the main amp unit not the pre amp.

The voltages measure 71 to 73v volts on the main power input and the side input is 12v which I think is also the audio input.

Is the 12v dc correct? Does anyone know whats going on? All I did was change a few caps! Thanks
Was it having an issue before you changed the capacitors? I would start by retracing your steps and confirming the values of the capacitors you used are equivalent to the ones you replaced. If everything was working before the change I would also consider putting the old caps back and see if the problem goes away. If it does then there is something wrong with your new caps. if the problem persists then something else got damaged or failed when you were making the changes.

It's good to look back at what you did before looking for a new issue. Might be something simple.
post #10385 of 10401 Old 02-24-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jharvys View Post
Was it having an issue before you changed the capacitors? I would start by retracing your steps and confirming the values of the capacitors you used are equivalent to the ones you replaced. If everything was working before the change I would also consider putting the old caps back and see if the problem goes away. If it does then there is something wrong with your new caps. if the problem persists then something else got damaged or failed when you were making the changes.

It's good to look back at what you did before looking for a new issue. Might be something simple.
Hi, yes I only replaced 4 caps, the 2x 220uf 100v 2x 200nf bypass. Thats it! Could the DC offset be coming from the 12v source since it is 12v!!? But hinestly othing looks wrong or anything.
post #10386 of 10401 Old 02-24-2017, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello... I'm new on here and have a problem that has more than likely been discussed before....
So, at the risk of frustrating the "old timers" on here, here goes.
I have an older F1500 and am experiencing 2 problems, which makes diagnosing even harder.

1st: there is a loud, ear piercing 400 hz wave as soon as sub is turned on. It doesnt matter if there is a signal to it, same high pitch sound.

I have hooked my woofer up to a known good F1500 amp, and there is no high pitch noise (made me initially believe it was an amplifier issue.)

2nd: When I hook my amp to a known good F1500 driver, no high pitch noise, but the woofer jumps around.

It is actually possible that I have an issue with both my amp AND my driver!!!

I currently have 3 F-series Velodynes, 2 of which work. Between my friends and myself, there are 6 Velodyne F1500 subs, with only 2 working correctly. The other 4 have issues. Velodyne says there are no replacement parts available. My buddies own these because of my encouragement back in the day. But I gotta say, "brand loyalty" is going downhill quickly.

Any ideas on the high pitch squeal?
post #10387 of 10401 Old 02-24-2017, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I have a couple F-1200-B subs, one has an amp issue (dead) and the other had a dust cap that was coming apart and had a tear in it. This F-1200 has the remote sensor on it also. It was making popping/buzzing sound, assume this was from the dust cap. It's been sitting around for quite a while; I finally ordered a 5.5" dust cap and glue last week. Reinstalled the repaired woofer, and all I get now is the power light flashing 4 times when I turn the volume up. No sound at all. My receiver (Denon AVR3313CI) is sending an LFE signal, verified using the test tone with the current sub setup (Carver Cube powering two Optimus 12" passive subs).
Are the 4-flashes an error code? It gives the flashes every time I power it up, and only flashes one cycle.
Thanks for any insight!
post #10388 of 10401 Old 02-25-2017, 07:08 PM

Really could help with some voltage readouts to start with. There are many people who has posted pics with the same subwoofer board but different processor and power boards. Thanks
post #10389 of 10401 Old 02-26-2017, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I used to own an F-1500 in the 90's. Had to have the amp replaced twice, once under warranty. They are some of the most failure prone amps Velodyne ever made according to my dealer. Very problematic and there is a repair shop in Texas I remember that specialized in fixing them. See if you can research a repair facility to repair the amp or move on.
post #10390 of 10401 Old 03-01-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Please help!!

Can anyone help please?
post #10391 of 10401 Old 03-01-2017, 05:30 PM
sb1
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by timosilakka View Post
I have Velodyne HGS-10 sub and its amp is faulty. Is there an amp plate that could be used as replacement that will fit the case?
It's worth a call to Velo if you plan on keeping the sub. Replacement amps for the HGS series weren't that expensive a few years ago.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #10392 of 10401 Old 03-10-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Please help!!

Can anyone help please?
Have you contacted Velodyne for the schematics? They do not keep all the files for retired lines but they might have something for you. That way you should be able to check some of the measurements.
post #10393 of 10401 Old 03-25-2017, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I have just run across an older Velodyne DEQ-12R. It seems to be in good shape. Included with it was the remote control, but the calibration microphone and stand for the built in EQ system is missing. I looked online, but to my surprise, I could find no replacement(s) for it.
We have a late model Pioneer AVR with an EQ calibration mike included. Can that be substituted, or does anyone know where to find a suitable replacement?
post #10394 of 10401 Old 03-25-2017, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2399 Post(s)
Liked: 1517
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
I have just run across an older Velodyne DEQ-12R. It seems to be in good shape. Included with it was the remote control, but the calibration microphone and stand for the built in EQ system is missing. I looked online, but to my surprise, I could find no replacement(s) for it.
We have a late model Pioneer AVR with an EQ calibration mike included. Can that be substituted, or does anyone know where to find a suitable replacement?
Someone used an Audyssey microphone when they lost the mic for their SPL1000 with good results.

Geoff A. J., California
post #10395 of 10401 Old 03-25-2017, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
Someone used an Audyssey microphone when they lost the mic for their SPL1000 with good results.
Thanks. Anybody else?
I thought about contacting Velodyne directly. Do they support their older gear?
post #10396 of 10401 Old 03-25-2017, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks. Anybody else?
I thought about contacting Velodyne directly. Do they support their older gear?
They certainly used to but recent AVS members have found little support.

By all means reach out to them.

Geoff A. J., California
post #10397 of 10401 Old 03-26-2017, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What about the microphone for a Pioneer MCACC pro set up? Are they similar?
post #10398 of 10401 Old 03-26-2017, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What about the microphone for a Pioneer MCACC pro set up? Are they similar?
I assume so.

IIRC Audyssey microphones go down to 31.5 hz.

If the MCACC Pro sets sub volume for you in the AVR then it should work IMHO as in order to do so it has to measure at hz common to subs.

Geoff A. J., California
post #10399 of 10401 Old Yesterday, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I assume so.

IIRC Audyssey microphones go down to 31.5 hz.

If the MCACC Pro sets sub volume for you in the AVR then it should work IMHO as in order to do so it has to measure at hz common to subs.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
post #10400 of 10401 Old Today, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerchy View Post
It's OK, Velodyne confirmed the fault and my dealer already took action.
Well, looks like this models work this way. Replaced the amp module and the problem is still there. Turned out that all (EQ-Max) subs have the same behaviour. Supposed to be normal. I'm returning the sub. Having a sub that turns off the same second volume gets down is not acceptable.
post #10401 of 10401 Old Today, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
You might just want to use the Pioneers EQ for the sub woofer. It might very well be more advanced than that on an older subwoofer. I can't speak for Pioneer mcacc, but I know that Audyssey does a good job of equalizing subs. Just disable EQ on the sub, and run the receivers setup.

Denon AVR-4520CI
Emotiva XPA Gen 3 3 channel
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RB-61 II, RB-51 II, RB-10
SVS SB12-NSD x2
OPPO UDP-203
TiVo Roamio, sometimes buzzy Samsung Plasma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Velodyne Acoustics , Velodyne Impact 10 10 Subwoofer , Velodyne Wiconnect 10 Wireless Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 8 8 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 10 10 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 12 12 Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 15 15 Subwoofer , Velodyne