Shakers - Simple/Cheap Hookup - Visual Guide - Page 84 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #2491 of 2491 Old 07-10-2014, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Nice looking system! Thanks for posting. 8 shakers in all.Atlantic Technology SP-8000 whoa pricey. How are those Dayton pucks?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2492 of 2491 Old 07-10-2014, 08:34 PM
pjp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterlife2 View Post
Nice looking system! Thanks for posting. 8 shakers in all.Atlantic Technology SP-8000 whoa pricey. How are those Dayton pucks?
The Dayton pucks are actually pretty good. I think a single Aura Pro probably has more power than 2 pucks, but the dual pucks don't take up much room, so they well on the driving seat. To be honest, my least favorite is the Buttkicker Gamer 2. The amp wired remote has proven tricky for power-on and power-off -- the remote power on/off didn't work at all when I first got it, then after two replacements it worked fine, but now it is starting to be unreliable again. You hit the power button and it turns green briefly and then goes back to orange (off). The power button works fine on the amp, but the only place we turn it on/off is from the seat. The level up/down on the wired remote is fine. As far as shaking power, the Buttkicker Gamer also is disappointing. One thing I don't like is that it doesn't take that much to bottom the shaker and it is very loud when it hits. The Dayton Pucks on the other seat feel better and more realistic, but it's really an apples and oranges comparison. The seat frame with the Buttkicker is made out of extremely strong thick extruded aluminum. The seat frame with the pucks is made of thinner steel and is not nearly as strong. It could be that the aluminum frame requires a lot more shaking because of the frame stiffness. Also the pucks are on the seat back and the Buttkicker is attached to the frame, so there is a much more direct route to the driver with the pucks.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page