PB12 Problems - JBL - Subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-06-2004, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a PB12 Subwoofer, i got it open box about a week ago and just got around to hooking it up. I paid $100 for it. It has the 2 LED lights that light up in the front just fine, however there is no bass any way I hook it up. When I turn it on I don't hear a "click" as I have with my old subwoofers, is this normal? What do you think my best route would be. Being that I only paid $100 for it, would it be worth buying a new amp board for it, I hear that is the problems with most of these...would I still have the same problem in the future (the amp blowing), or would a new one make a difference. Is this really that great of a subwoofer to be spending another $100 for a board on it, or should I look elsewhere...its hard to find a 250w woofer for this price. Any input is greatly appreciated

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-06-2004, 06:05 PM

i have the PB-12 and cant complain , especially after upgrading from a KLH 150 W 12"... LOL ,

i think if you can get this sub working for $200 .00 youll be happy you did. its a robust 250 W subwoofer . IMO ... cant go wrong for 2 bills . any more $ than that ... keeep loooking . HTH 'S

BTW , did you try wiring your fronts through this sub, that is how mine are wired , and it made a HUGE difference , i know its a kinda of a DUH question , but you never know ...

Hitachi 65" HD Widescreen
Denon AVR3801
Klipsch RF-35
Klipsch RC-35
Klipsch RS-35
SVS 20-39 PCi
post #3 of 7 Old 01-06-2004, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I tried it both ways...there's nothing...I'll go ahead and try to purchase a amp. Do local shops usually ahve them in stock or is it something they'd have to order...and it would end up being more?
post #4 of 7 Old 01-06-2004, 06:38 PM

I looked into this sub but after seeing about 20 Non working units being sold on ebay in the last month, im looking elsewhere.

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-06-2004, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

I've read on this forum that its an Amp problem...I don't really know much about audio...but if the driver is good then getting a replacement amp should fix the problem being that it was a faulty or a not well manufacturer'd amp before. Getting a new different one would solve this problem therefore making it a great find! I like this sub however they go for about $160-$200 on eBay and thats working...after reading this I don't think I'd want to get one with the original amp for fear that it might be broken!
post #6 of 7 Old 01-06-2004, 07:25 PM

Our parts phones are open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday at 818-894-8850. The best times to call are between 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. (Pacific Standard Time)

this is the parts department at JBL ... give em a hollwer and see what they say , like i said ... if you can make this work for 200 its WELL worth it . !

Hitachi 65" HD Widescreen
Denon AVR3801
Klipsch RF-35
Klipsch RC-35
Klipsch RS-35
SVS 20-39 PCi
post #7 of 7 Old 01-06-2004, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

What's your opinion on my returning this one and purchasing a Yamaha SWT-315 instead...My speakers and reciever are Yamaha and I've never had a problem with them, or is this JBL superior to anything Yamaha could produce?
Closed Thread Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page