AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two great stories of customer service I recently received (SVS+AV123)...

805 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  GashPrex 
#1 ·
A lot of the times when I come to the forums, I read threads on problems with this, or technical issues with that, etc. When something good happens, I try to post about those as well.

Another major hobby of mine is building fast cars. When things go wrong, Im used to getting the "you must have installed it wrong, so its your fault" or "yeah, ill get back to you on that one" excuses, without hearing anything for weeks or months. I expected the same thing with speakers, but was pleasently surprised...

1. AV123 - I ordered the 5 speaker surround setup from **********. I was extremely impressed from start to finish with the customer service I received. The speakers sounded great and I couldnt have been happier. Well, one day I was messing around behind my AV rack and I accidentally bumped the tower over into my center speaker which knocked it off its stand and totally crushed one of the corners on it. My heart broke and the fall felt like it was going in slow motion. The speaker was fine, but the beautiful look and finish was ruined.

I posted my mishap on the av123 board looking for nothing but a virtual shoulder to cry on, but then Mark (CEO) posted in the thread, gave me his cell number, and asked me to call him. I called him the next day and he worked a deal with me on a new center channel. He didnt lose any money on me, but lets just say, he helped me out big time when he didnt have to do a thing and it wasnt expected. He said I could call anytime no matter where he was, he would answer. Ive never had customer service like that.

2. SVS Subwoofers - A couple months ago I ordered the 20-39PC+ subwoofer and loved the bass and clarity it delivered. Unfortunately, something happened about a week ago, and it just didnt sound the same. Without asking any questions, they shipped me a new driver for replacement. The install did not go as well as planned, so I emailed them and they said that they would send out another subwoofer. Again, no questions asked. I received the new sub today, hooked it up, and all is well. I did not have to pay for shipping or anything. Again, great customer service. Some of the emails I sent were at night (past 9pm) and were actually replied to that same night. Cant ask for better than that.

Some people warned me against purchasing speakers over the internet, but after experiencing the customer service I have, I would not hesitate to do it again or recommend it to a friend.

Great job guys :cool:

Aaron

See less See more
#2 ·
I am with you one this. I have taken a chance on both SVS and AV123 and their products and service have been great. I am very skeptical by nature but my experience with them taught me that there really are a few companies out there that care about the products they produce and the customers who Buy them.

That said when my Polk subwoofer blew a woofer (that lord of the rings :) ) Polk sent me out a replacement within 2 days. And when my panasonic projector was having brightness issues, they sent me a loner the next day and I got mine back less than a week after that all fixed and with a brand new bulb, all free of charge.

Maybe I've been lucky but all of these companies have been great.

#4 ·
Quote:
B&M stores take notice...times are a chang'n.
Agree 100%. People keep on talking about how B&M's deserve the extra bucks for the service they provide, but I actually have received a much higher degree of responsiveness from the online guys. Much more personal and helpful. Maybe it's just that the dealers in my area aren't the greatest (I really would like to find one I loved, but...). I've heard nothing but good with regards to the two companies mentioned here. Way above and beyond on many occasions.

Bravo!!! These types of gestures shouldn't go unnoticed.

#6 ·
During CES this year I had recieved my SVS PCi 20-39. For some reason it blew a fuse right out of the box and continued to do so with replacement fuses. I emailed SVS customer service and recieved an email 7 min later back from Tom. Chatted once and he suggested sending a new sub out to me.

They shipped a new sub the next day. And I just recieved it today and it works great. So clean and tight ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.