Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm thinking about putting together the following speakers:

Front and Surround: Rocket RS750
Center: RSC200
Surround Back: RS550
Sub: SVS PC-Plus or PC-Ultra (waiting to see how Ultra sounds)

The primary applications are movies, TV, and video games. What electronics and amps should I use?

Edit: If this should have been in Receivers/Amps, please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2004, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well

what is your budget :)

I myself am in the process of purchassing amps for the almost same setup.

Though I myself have decided to go with Crown MT-1200 amps (2 of them, I already have an Athem MCA 2 Series 2 amp that I might sell to purchase another Crown amp).

And when the time comes. The sub amp WILL be a Crown K1 or K2 amp. :)

The only issue with pro amps is the fan noise.

Do NOT let the magic smoke out because it is impossible to put the magic smoke back in!!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

My budget is anything under 15k, which should (I think) pretty much guarantee that I can get 99.9% of the Rockets' maximum performance. Of course, spending less is always better, so I will be looking for high performance relative to price (i.e. I'd probably use a $5000 setup that gets 95% of the speakers than spend $15000 to get 99%).
Old 01-14-2004, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zaxxon1982
My budget is anything under 15k, which should (I think) pretty much guarantee that I can get 99.9% of the Rockets' maximum performance. Of course, spending less is always better, so I will be looking for high performance relative to price (i.e. I'd probably use a $5000 setup that gets 95% of the speakers than spend $15000 to get 99%).
well with the rockets you want a beefy amp as their sens is on the lower side (86db?)

Look at Sunfire signature line,

Also ATI, Anthem and Classe amps.

Do NOT let the magic smoke out because it is impossible to put the magic smoke back in!!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

I would go for AV123's own Emotiva line due to ship in March. If you can hold out that long, they promise to deliver the same outstanding price/performance ratio that you are getting from the Rockets.

Russ Tarvin
If it's too loud, you're too old.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

zaxxon1982,

That is going to be one killer HT setup...I would wait for the AV123 offering that is slated to begin shipping in late Feb if you can. I heard this setup last week at CES and it was impressive to say the least.

The processor is a 9.3 capable with PL2x, video up-conversion, balanced inputs, as well as flash upgradeable. Let just say this will hang with about any 5K and under processor on the market today.

The amp is basically a 7 channel mono-block with each module being rated at 200 @ 8ohms, 350 @ 4ohms, and bursts of up-wards of 800 @ 2ohms. Each module has 60K worth of MFS caps so this will have a ton of headroom. This thing is a beast and it will be sold in 5 and 7 channel versions with you being able to add modules as you go. Check out www.********** for more info on the package. They are bringing these to the market and an introductory price of 4K for the amp and processor with Rocket owner getting an additional discount. This is what I will be getting for my Rockets as they love a good 200 watts to get them moving....:cool:
Old 01-14-2004, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

How much will the Emotiva package cost me for the preamp electronics plus the amp?