Marantz SR7400 and Aura Shakers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2004, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a SR7400 and tried several times to get 2 shakers to work hooked up to an old separate receiver/tuner. I split the SW signal and into a L/R input on the old receiver and all i get is the signal going to the SW.
. I have my 602 set to small yes to sw to 80MHz

Who can help???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2004, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Have you tried setting it to large and hooking up to a regular channel instead of the SW channel and change SW to no. If you're only feeding it a signal below the X-over of the Marantz why do you need a sub setting on the 602? If you've got the shakers hooked to a channel other than the LFE with those setting you're not sending anything because you've shifted it all to the LFE. You're sending it a mono signal so any channel should work once set to large and no sub..

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. ~ Henry David Thoreau
Old 12-01-2004, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

I had a denon avr3300 and had it hooked up this way my HSU and shakers worked together. Now with the marantz hooked up I have problems sending the LFE signal to the second receiver. My setup is the same B&W 602's and HSU , Aura , all that has changed is a new receiver the SR7400
Old 12-01-2004, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I thought the 602 referred to a Onkyo receiver as the old receiver not your speakers. You've got the Marantz set properly. Does the receiver for the shakers have large/small settings? My post was intended for that receiver not the Marantz. Have you tried changing which side of your y splitter the sub and second receiver are connected to. That would show if the y is bad.

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. ~ Henry David Thoreau
Old 12-01-2004, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

no I will try that tonight. as i mentioned the only thing different is the Marantz. I did notice when I turn the separate /old receiver I get a thump to the sub that I didn't have before when i had my avr3300 hooked up.