Auralex Subdude Owners Thread - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

post #1381 of 1408 Old 07-03-2016, 04:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I got Klipsch SW115, in low freq the sub making rattle noise (At least i think its rattle noise). when i tried to put the sub on the bed the sound was clean.
As I understood, I should get an isolation solution.
I got two options, subdude HT for 130 dollars (Im from Israel, so this is the lowest price i found).
or the SVS Soundpath for 72 dollars.
I just want a product the get the job done.
What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1408 Old 07-03-2016, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1354 Post(s)
Liked: 1596
The cheaper one.

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Denon 5200 w/ Outlaw 2200 Amps (3)
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s F/R & Horizon w/ RAAL Center; Sierra 1s Surrounds; DefTech PM1000s Fronts & Top Middle w/ PSB S5 Rear Surrounds; PSA v1800 & SVS PC12+ Subs
Oppo 103; Onkyo HD-DVD; Apple TV & Roku/Fire Sticks
post #1383 of 1408 Old 07-03-2016, 07:52 AM

Do you thing those products will actually solve my problem?
Ill try to be more specific, cause im not sure i explained myself, im not sure its rattle noise.
When I play songs or movies with low freq sound, the sub woffer make weird noise, sound like vibrate or something.
I recorded the audio while playing a song.
picosong.com/xbJ6/
post #1384 of 1408 Old 07-03-2016, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaked Buktus View Post
Do you thing those products will actually solve my problem?
Ill try to be more specific, cause im not sure i explained myself, im not sure its rattle noise.
When I play songs or movies with low freq sound, the sub woffer make weird noise, sound like vibrate or something.
I recorded the audio while playing a song.
picosong.com/xbJ6/
Of course none of us over the internet are going to know what exactly your speaking of so all we can do is {Best-Guess}.

It reads like to me your "Over-Driving" your sub.

You know to much power going to the sub .............

Or possibly you need to simply "Adjust" your {Crossover-Point} for the Low-Frequency going to the Sub.

Or your Sub is going bad maybe.

I am thinking neither of those two products are going to really solve your problem to be honest.

Terry
Shaked Buktus likes this.
post #1385 of 1408 Old 07-03-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Of course none of us over the internet are going to know what exactly your speaking of so all we can do is {Best-Guess}.

It reads like to me your "Over-Driving" your sub.

You know to much power going to the sub .............

Or possibly you need to simply "Adjust" your {Crossover-Point} for the Low-Frequency going to the Sub.

Or your Sub is going bad maybe.

I am thinking neither of those two products are going to really solve your problem to be honest.

Terry
But when I put the speaker on the bed, the sound was clean.
I just used the Audessey setup, put the gain on 50, and crossover on max as mentioned in my denon manual.
I didn't adjust anything by myself.

those voices was starting at volume 70 when he sat on the wood floor, and when i put it on 85 on the bed, the sound is still clean.
post #1386 of 1408 Old 07-03-2016, 01:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 4114
When you moved the sub from where it was to the bed it changed everything. How did you decide on the original location?

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #1387 of 1408 Old 07-03-2016, 01:36 PM

I tried this sub crawl method, and my listing point is on the bed.
Anyway i tried to put it again in different locations, made a careful test this time, and Terry was right, the problem was in the speaker.
On the bed the is was less noticeable, so I didnt realized its still there.
I bought it second hand, but i got warranty, so tomorrow ill speak with the store, I hope they will fix it.

Thank you Terry, you saved me 72 dollars (:
tigerhonaker likes this.
post #1388 of 1408 Old 07-03-2016, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaked Buktus View Post
I got Klipsch SW115, in low freq the sub making rattle noise (At least i think its rattle noise). when i tried to put the sub on the bed the sound was clean.
As I understood, I should get an isolation solution.
I got two options, subdude HT for 130 dollars (Im from Israel, so this is the lowest price i found).
or the SVS Soundpath for 72 dollars.
I just want a product the get the job done.
What do you think?
Quote:
I tried this sub crawl method, and my listing point is on the bed.
Anyway i tried to put it again in different locations, made a careful test this time, and Terry was right, the problem was in the speaker.
On the bed the is was less noticeable, so I didnt realized its still there.
I bought it second hand, but i got warranty, so tomorrow ill speak with the store, I hope they will fix it.

Thank you Terry, you saved me 72 dollars (:
Below are pictures of the Subdue product you were inquiring about.
I use it under a lot of my Subs & Rear-Speakers.

If I was spending my money and wanted to try a new idea it would be to go with the Subdue.

I personally have them under all my 4-Subs and under my rear speakers sitting on the stands.

They work well for my application.

If you look close you can see the Subdue isolation pads under all the Subs as well as the rear speakers.

Terry
RJ_Reda and Shaked Buktus like this.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 07-03-2016 at 01:49 PM.
post #1389 of 1408 Old 07-06-2016, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I understand that a Subdude has a bottom surface of foam. Does anyone know what the exact material is? I have expensive oil-finished hardwood floors, and I know that there are certain materials that I'm not supposed to lay on top of the floors for long periods or else they might be stained or damaged. I had to throw out some carpet tiles due to this. Anyone else using a Subdude on an oil-finished hardwood floor (not poly finish)?
post #1390 of 1408 Old 07-06-2016, 01:22 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by polecrab View Post
I understand that a Subdude has a bottom surface of foam. Does anyone know what the exact material is? I have expensive oil-finished hardwood floors, and I know that there are certain materials that I'm not supposed to lay on top of the floors for long periods or else they might be stained or damaged. I had to throw out some carpet tiles due to this. Anyone else using a Subdude on an oil-finished hardwood floor (not poly finish)?
Just a suggestion and this is not intended as a cute comment.

Call the manufacturer and ask them then all the guess work will be out of the equation.

Terry
post #1391 of 1408 Old 08-16-2016, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just thought I would add my experience with Subdude. I just received 2 of the regular size Subdude II's and I can't believe the difference they have made. I have a smaller size dedicated HT room (11x13) with a 5.2.2 setup. Subs are SVS SB2000 and have Polk towers/center/surrounds. No room treatments and the room is in a carpeted basement with a drop ceiling. Prior to using these I would get rattling all over the place at low frequencies. Hard to isolate but seemed like it was coming from the canned lights, the walls, certain tiles, my Blu-ray shelf, etc etc. I just got finishing running a few clips from movies that were hard to listen to cause all the rattling and I've got zero rattling now. I wasn't expecting this, it's completely solved my issue. For $50 each this was definitely one of the cheapest, most valuable updates in my HT I've probably ever made. FWIW in case others are wondering about the benefit.
post #1392 of 1408 Old 08-16-2016, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirithockey79 View Post
Just thought I would add my experience with Subdude. I just received 2 of the regular size Subdude II's and I can't believe the difference they have made. I have a smaller size dedicated HT room (11x13) with a 5.2.2 setup. Subs are SVS SB2000 and have Polk towers/center/surrounds. No room treatments and the room is in a carpeted basement with a drop ceiling. Prior to using these I would get rattling all over the place at low frequencies. Hard to isolate but seemed like it was coming from the canned lights, the walls, certain tiles, my Blu-ray shelf, etc etc. I just got finishing running a few clips from movies that were hard to listen to cause all the rattling and I've got zero rattling now. I wasn't expecting this, it's completely solved my issue. For $50 each this was definitely one of the cheapest, most valuable updates in my HT I've probably ever made. FWIW in case others are wondering about the benefit.
Nice report.

I also have the product and it works well for my application.

Terry
post #1393 of 1408 Old 08-16-2016, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4770
Quote:
What kind of floor does your basement have?
post #1394 of 1408 Old 08-16-2016, 08:15 PM

Just normal concrete pour with decent pad and carpet. The bass still shakes the room, and you can hear it outside the house. Seems like it's even tighter with more punch, but almost no rattling. I was watching San Andreas and there are a couple of scenes where I cranked the MV to about -10db and I think I heard the faintest rattle, but no where near as bad as it was before. I also tried War of the Worlds on some very low frequency scenes and rattle was barely noticeable. Huge improvement IMO. I just wish I would have heard of these years ago. I recently upgraded my 92" 16x9 screen to a 110" 2.35 scope screen and as happy I was with that transition, I'm almost as happy with this fix for my rattling!
post #1395 of 1408 Old 08-16-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Just normal concrete pour with decent pad and carpet. The bass still shakes the room, and you can hear it outside the house. Seems like it's even tighter with more punch, but almost no rattling. I was watching San Andreas and there are a couple of scenes where I cranked the MV to about -10db and I think I heard the faintest rattle, but no where near as bad as it was before. I also tried War of the Worlds on some very low frequency scenes and rattle was barely noticeable. Huge improvement IMO. I just wish I would have heard of these years ago. I recently upgraded my 92" 16x9 screen to a 110" 2.35 scope screen and as happy I was with that transition, I'm almost as happy with this fix for my rattling!
Hard to believe a concrete floor could yield rattles elsewhere in the room from a sub placed on the floor in the first place, let alone rattles then being ameliorated by a cheap piece of foam and board (well not really cheap, they charged $50 for $5 of stuff). Or is your sub mounted elsewhere? You sure you don't have some expectation bias going on here?
post #1396 of 1408 Old 08-16-2016, 08:28 PM

Nope. Subs sit on the floor. I've been living for this rattle for quite awhile and just recently started googling potential solutions. After listening to San Andreas a couple of times I was pretty unhappy with it cause it seemed to do it through 50% of the movie. Now it doesn't. Even my 18 year old and his friends made a comment, so no, I don't think it's a case of expectation bias. I have no issue admitting when I feel like I wasted money on something, this is not the case. My guess is if my ceiling was drywall I probably wouldn't have had the issue in the first place. So thinking the drop ceiling with all the metal, canned light fixtures, etc. was probably the culprit,
post #1397 of 1408 Old 08-16-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Nope. Subs sit on the floor. I've been living for this rattle for quite awhile and just recently started googling potential solutions. After listening to San Andreas a couple of times I was pretty unhappy with it cause it seemed to do it through 50% of the movie. Now it doesn't. Even my 18 year old and his friends made a comment, so no, I don't think it's a case of expectation bias. I have no issue admitting when I feel like I wasted money on something, this is not the case. My guess is if my ceiling was drywall I probably wouldn't have had the issue in the first place. So thinking the drop ceiling with all the metal, canned light fixtures, etc. was probably the culprit,
Just boggles the mind a bit. I can't imagine that the difference between on and off the piece of foam made any difference whatsoever on a concrete floor (let alone with pad and carpeting beneath the sub). I guess I'd have to had been there since even on hardwood floors I don't have those kinds of issues.
post #1398 of 1408 Old 09-23-2016, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 7
so I own one of these for my living room and just got a L12 sub for my computer room. For now my sub is situated on two foam blocks. Would I see any improvement with the subdude or babygramma considering Im using the packing foam which seems to be very similar?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160923_180441.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	1679841  
post #1399 of 1408 Old 09-25-2016, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahid Jamali View Post
so I own one of these for my living room and just got a L12 sub for my computer room. For now my sub is situated on two foam blocks. Would I see any improvement with the subdude or babygramma considering Im using the packing foam which seems to be very similar?
This is just my (Opinion) but I think the material in the Subdude is different.

That being said, would you notice any appreciable difference, ???
You would just need to try it and decide for yourself.

I like mine and several other members also like the product.

There are other members on here that have said and think the product is a total WASTE of a person's money.

If you have the monies, order it and give it a try is my recommendation.

Terry
post #1400 of 1408 Old 09-28-2016, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have a Rythmik L12 sitting on a subdude. I used to have my Mirage BPS 400 on it, but it was too big and heavy for the platform (I would need the SubDude HT for that one) but it works well for me on my wood floors.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG1092.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1689113  

Theater: Vizio 70" P-Series 4K Display/GR Research Diluceo L/R - Selah Audio CC/Mirage BPS 400/Integra DTC 9.8/Blue Circle BC 24/Outlaw 2200/Rotel RB-1070/Oppo BDP-83/LH Labs Vi DAC Tube/Sound Application CF-XE
Living Room: 47" Samsung 1080P Display/GoldenEar 3D Array X/Rythmik L-12/Outlaw OAW4/Denon AVR-X3200/Oppo DVD-A/SACD Player
post #1401 of 1408 Old 09-28-2016, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick V View Post
I have a Rythmik L12 sitting on a subdude. I used to have my Mirage BPS 400 on it, but it was too big and heavy for the platform (I would need the SubDude HT for that one) but it works well for me on my wood floors.
Nick,

I have 4 of the Mirage BPS 400 Series Subs.

They are all on the Auralex Larger Subdudes.

In my case I even have their product under my rear Speakers on the Custom Stands.

Terry
Nick V likes this.
post #1402 of 1408 Old 09-29-2016, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a HSU subwoofer which rattles the s*** out of my room and neighboring room. Its too big to fit on a Subdude II, but will fit in a Subdude HT tho. I'm srsly considering a Subdude, my dad is in the USA now. I think $80 for it is very very steep. But if it mitigates the problem will be well worth it =(
post #1403 of 1408 Old 09-29-2016, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachmanowicz View Post
I have a HSU subwoofer which rattles the s*** out of my room and neighboring room. Its too big to fit on a Subdude II, but will fit in a Subdude HT tho. I'm srsly considering a Subdude, my dad is in the USA now. I think $80 for it is very very steep. But if it mitigates the problem will be well worth it =(
Well one thing is for sure if you don't even try it you'll never know if it would work or not.

I say give it a try !!!

Terry
post #1404 of 1408 Old 09-29-2016, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Nick,

I have 4 of the Mirage BPS 400 Series Subs.

They are all on the Auralex Larger Subdudes.

In my case I even have their product under my rear Speakers on the Custom Stands.

Terry
Nice system Terry! I saw that when I quickly browsed through the thread before posting. You don't see too many BPS-400's out there these days, still a great sub IMO! I won't replace it until it dies.

I've had good luck with Auralex products in general, I also use their ProPads under my studio monitors in my computer system, and they made a significant difference in that system.
tigerhonaker likes this.

Theater: Vizio 70" P-Series 4K Display/GR Research Diluceo L/R - Selah Audio CC/Mirage BPS 400/Integra DTC 9.8/Blue Circle BC 24/Outlaw 2200/Rotel RB-1070/Oppo BDP-83/LH Labs Vi DAC Tube/Sound Application CF-XE
Living Room: 47" Samsung 1080P Display/GoldenEar 3D Array X/Rythmik L-12/Outlaw OAW4/Denon AVR-X3200/Oppo DVD-A/SACD Player
post #1405 of 1408 Old 09-29-2016, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick V View Post
Nice system Terry! I saw that when I quickly browsed through the thread before posting. You don't see too many BPS-400's out there these days, still a great sub IMO! I won't replace it until it dies.

I've had good luck with Auralex products in general, I also use their ProPads under my studio monitors in my computer system, and they made a significant difference in that system.
Nick,

I really like the Mirage BPS-400 subs.
I have had mine for years now and they do IMO an awesome job.

And your right you don't see them any-longer.

I have no complaints at all about the Auralex products.
They do for me an excellent job with keeping the Bass Vibrations from going over into the kitchen cabinets and Rattling the dishes.

Terry
post #1406 of 1408 Old 09-30-2016, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked: 1023
I love Auralex subwoofer risers. I have 3 Auralex Subdude HT and 1 Auralex Gramma V2 at home for my four subwoofers. I also have 4 Auralex Great Gramma at work (church) that I use with a pair of Meyer Sound 700HP subwoofers. But for monitors, nothing like isoAcoustics Stands.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Polk LSiM705s, LSiM706C, LSiM703s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Marantz SR7008 | Parasound Halo P5 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet + Duet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
post #1407 of 1408 Old 10-01-2016, 04:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 102
For those in this post that have fiercely criticized Subdude and claimed they are worthless -you are mistaken.

I invested in two of these a couple of years ago. My HT was on second floor. Subdudes very noticeably improved the sound quality of my subs (2x HSU VTF3-MK5).

I had two closets in separate rooms. The closet doors were the metal folding kind that hung from little plastic wheels on runners at top of closet entrance.

Both doors had obnoxious rattles during bass-heavy scenes. As soon as Subdudes entered the equation, the rattles were completely gone.

Thanks Subdudes.
tigerhonaker likes this.
post #1408 of 1408 Old 10-01-2016, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I had a couple of Subdude HD platforms. They did nothing to help sound quality.
They could not take the weight of my small subs either.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0118.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	1694921  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Auralex , Auralex Subdude 15 X 15 X 2 Inch Isolation Riser

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version