Dual Subs - What do you have & locations - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 94 Old 03-23-2007, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SVS 16-46 in the front right corner and ...............

I keep switching between an M&K MX125Mk II and a Velodyne 1012x about 5 feet from the front on the left wall..........trying to get the best slam factor. So far the Velo seems to blend with the SVS better.

The problem with obsessions is that they are insatiable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 94 Old 03-23-2007, 07:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 405
In a double blind test 2 out of 3 people liked the sampson over the gemstone. The only one who picked the gemstone was my wife and she has really good hearing. It was hard for me to tell, I can tell a difference but it is hard to describe the difference and whether it was bad or good. Just different(slight). I also had to turn down the pro amp 10 db's to level match. Now this pro amp is not cheAp and your crown is even more expensive. I did not like the cheaper crown's as much. I did buy mine used and for that price probably one of the best amps for the money I have ever heard. Now back to the subs.
I have 2 18 inch horn subs located in the back corners of my theater. They measure 35 x 35 x 22 and weigh about 160 pound each. Having 1 in 2 corners really helps the extension and I can not localize them at all. It actually feels like it comes from the front sometimes. They are not eq'd but I am looking in to this. I just split the sub channel on my processor and then run it to my sampson, then to the subs. I gain 5 db's with them in separate corners compared to colocating them, this smooths out the bass in my room much better. Any seat in the theater now is within 1 db of each other. I used to be 3-5 db's off from front row to back row using just one svs plus/2 sub. If I corner loaded the SVS it would be 6 db's off from the back row and front row.

BTW I always thought proceed with B&W was a great combo, and the cinenova was much better than Krell kav stuff, never heard their FPB gear.
post #93 of 94 Old 03-23-2007, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

BTW I always thought proceed with B&W was a great combo, and the cinenova was much better than Krell kav stuff, never heard their FPB gear.

I can't complain....i likes it
post #94 of 94 Old 03-26-2007, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Durabrqand Sub on top of TV shelf and a cyber acoustics sub which I dont use becaause it is always TOO loud! (shakes the wall too much) but the Durabrand suceeds in subsonic bass!

One shall stand... One Shall Fall... - Optimus Prime
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page